Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Janey195406 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Thanks for that Fiz...
I've read every post on this thread and am amazed at all the information I've gleaned....
I'm watching most peeps here and on the CPV tracker.. fantastic.. Cant wait till I get on that....
Jane
Old Mar 29th 2011, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

JohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really nice
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by Janey195406
Thanks for that Fiz...
I've read every post on this thread and am amazed at all the information I've gleaned....
I'm watching most peeps here and on the CPV tracker.. fantastic.. Cant wait till I get on that....
Jane
Sorry to appear dumb, but what are "peeps" Janey?
John
Old Mar 29th 2011, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

vivchis69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnDeeHart
Sorry to appear dumb, but what are "peeps" Janey?
John
peeps i think is people!!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Janey195406
Thanks for that Fiz...
Jane
UK slang often used in forums/text messages/facbook etc.

Here's some useless info for you - if you live in the USA then Peeps are marshmallow candies. An annual "Peep Off" competition is held in Maryland on the first Saturday after Easter, when Peeps are greatly discounted, to see who can eat the most in 30 minutes.

Sorry to go off thread but I'm just one of those UK 'peeps' on the tracker who hopes to be seeing some action in a couple of months! It is great for calculating your timeline - thanks to Steve for keeping it up to date for us all.

http://www.chireckles.com/cpv/tracker.php

Last edited by jtct; Mar 30th 2011 at 3:00 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Did I say next couple of months - we got our Case Officer TODAY!!!!!!!
1st April but no hoax.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

poshslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to all

Well done jtct!
That is amazing, they'll be done by return of post soon!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you are celebrating.
Cheers Pam
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Still floating on air - can't quite believe it! Will book medicals on Monday and start the form filling etc for police checks tomorrow when we've calmed down a bit.

Less than a year - wow. Its going to get busy in the next few months for a few of us if things are moving this quickly.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jtct
Still floating on air - can't quite believe it! Will book medicals on Monday and start the form filling etc for police checks tomorrow when we've calmed down a bit.

Less than a year - wow. Its going to get busy in the next few months for a few of us if things are moving this quickly.
So pleased for you both. The timelines are just amazing, they have shortened so much in a fairly short space of time.

Good luck with the medicals & Police checks.

I'm off in 8.5 weeks, being shipped at the end of the month & finish work in 13.5 days time - WOW. Time really does go by so quickly.

Katie
Old Apr 6th 2011, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Request for second installment of visa received... The grey nomads just have to cough up $68,000
Old Apr 6th 2011, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Good news/bad news - poor but happy?

Well done - the journey is nearly over CONGRATULATIONS
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

SteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond repute

I accidently posted this question in the wrong thread... just thought it should be reposted here.

Maybe I'm anticipating a non-existent problem, but when I get a CO and they request the police check and medical report, they give a time limit of 28 days. This seems a bit tight to me, so are they very strict with this or can they be flexible? Thanks in advance.

And the answer from sonlymewalter:

If you were waiting for the Police check info or a medical appointment and it was outside the 28 days given, just let your CO know there's a hold up and generally as long as they agree they are OK about it.

Alternatively when my parents were due their medicals and police checks, they anticipated roughly when this would be requested and organised it before the request came through. Both the medical and police check were valid for a year anyway so it worked out great and ready to be sent off when requested
Old Apr 7th 2011, 12:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveDW
I accidently posted this question in the wrong thread... just thought it should be reposted here.

Maybe I'm anticipating a non-existent problem, but when I get a CO and they request the police check and medical report, they give a time limit of 28 days. This seems a bit tight to me, so are they very strict with this or can they be flexible? Thanks in advance.

And the answer from sonlymewalter:

If you were waiting for the Police check info or a medical appointment and it was outside the 28 days given, just let your CO know there's a hold up and generally as long as they agree they are OK about it.

Alternatively when my parents were due their medicals and police checks, they anticipated roughly when this would be requested and organised it before the request came through. Both the medical and police check were valid for a year anyway so it worked out great and ready to be sent off when requested
The COs do seem pretty flexible with the 28 day limit, whichever visa its for. As long as they now its in progress they are OK, so if you can't do it all within 28 days just let them know whats happening, and as Sonlyme says, you'll be fine
Old Apr 7th 2011, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

JohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really niceJohnDeeHart is just really nice

Originally Posted by jtct
Did I say next couple of months - we got our Case Officer TODAY!!!!!!!
1st April but no hoax.
Fantastic, jtct. What's your secret?
Is this just luck or is there something we don't know about your application... like you're loaded perhaps??!!
Eleven months since your acknowledgement means we'd better re-think our intended date for medicals etc.
On the basis that our application was acknowledged in early Feb 2011, we'd intended to apply for medicals, police checks etc around Oct/Nov 2011.
Maybe we should be thinking about September?
Great news and good luck.
John & Eirian
Old Apr 7th 2011, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The COs do seem pretty flexible with the 28 day limit, whichever visa its for. As long as they now its in progress they are OK, so if you can't do it all within 28 days just let them know whats happening, and as Sonlyme says, you'll be fine
Our agent told us to wait till we had a CO before arranging medicals and police checks. Our appointment is delayed because of all the holidays this month but, as we have a booking confirmed, they are quite happy as long as we keep them updated and prove we are doing something. You can also ask for an extention if you can't complete these things in the time alloted
Old Apr 7th 2011, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JohnDeeHart
Fantastic, jtct. What's your secret?
Is this just luck or is there something we don't know about your application... like you're loaded perhaps??!!
Eleven months since your acknowledgement means we'd better re-think our intended date for medicals etc.
On the basis that our application was acknowledged in early Feb 2011, we'd intended to apply for medicals, police checks etc around Oct/Nov 2011.
Maybe we should be thinking about September?
Great news and good luck.
John & Eirian
No idea why we got it so early - perhaps they anticipated all the Bank holidays and felt sorry for us! (certainly not loaded - I wish) I've noticed people with agents sometimes are a couple of weeks quicker but not always.

I wrote to ours a few weeks ago when things looked as if they were speeding up to ask if we should book medicals but he advised waiting till we had a CO. Perhaps he did some 'pushing' on our behalf.

Just keep an eye on the tracker and you'll be surprised how quickly the time will pass and log into the other thread for a chat if you are bored/anxious/have news to share etc......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.