Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Apr 30th 2011, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

SteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by jtct
Adelaide - southern hills suburbs - Aberfoyle Park/Craigburn/Coromandal or maybe further (South Happy Valley - Noorlunga) if the £ value drops too much.

I know this is 'chat' but it may help others to know that the timescales quoted for CPV143 was 20 - 24 months when we applied. We therefore expected to get our CO around Sept/Oct but we got one on 1st April!

They seem to be speeding up the process - perhaps less people are applying due to the poor exchange rate.
Not really chat..definitely 'on topic'. I've noticed that COs are now being allocated after around 11 months, could be a combination of the falling rate (the dollar won't stay this strong forever, I hope) and the UK property market being so weak. I've budgeted for a rate of 1.50, anything above will be a bonus.
Old May 3rd 2011, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by SteveDW
Not really chat..definitely 'on topic'. I've noticed that COs are now being allocated after around 11 months, could be a combination of the falling rate (the dollar won't stay this strong forever, I hope) and the UK property market being so weak. I've budgeted for a rate of 1.50, anything above will be a bonus.
Good idea - The rate at Christmas was dreadful too when we got our currency for the trip then and it has improved a fraction since then. Trying not to keep comparing rates from when we started this process back in April 2010 its not helpful and I want my BP to stay down for Friday's medical
Old May 3rd 2011, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Not really a question... FYI Grey Nomads Visa granted today...

HUGE Thanks to everyone on here for all the info i gathered to help them get to this stage...

Anyone want to buy a house?
Old May 6th 2011, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

ileay is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone help please??
Is a refund possible?? I was granted my cpv in December 2010 and moved out here to Oz a few weeks later. For various reasons too numerous to mention i now have to give up my dream of living in Oz and return to the uk. I won't be using my visa to come and live here again in the future.

My question is - does the Oz government have a refund policy that would allow me to cancel the visa and get a refund at all?

I have tried trawling through the government immigration site but just got totally confused by it all. does anyone have any experience of securing a refund?
Thanks in anticipation.
Old May 6th 2011, 7:59 am
Just Joined

poshslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to all

Hello Junejuno

I can't help with your actual question, but just wanted to say how I feel for you having to give up your dream.
So sad, after having had to wait so long to fulfil the dream.
I can't imagine the government giving anything back, they just don't do they??
Wishing you luck with your quest.

Good luck to you on your return.

Pam
Old May 6th 2011, 8:01 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by junejuno
Can anyone help please??
Is a refund possible?? I was granted my cpv in December 2010 and moved out here to Oz a few weeks later. For various reasons too numerous to mention i now have to give up my dream of living in Oz and return to the uk. I won't be using my visa to come and live here again in the future.

My question is - does the Oz government have a refund policy that would allow me to cancel the visa and get a refund at all?

I have tried trawling through the government immigration site but just got totally confused by it all. does anyone have any experience of securing a refund?
Thanks in anticipation.
Nope, no refund is possible.

Best regards.
Old May 6th 2011, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Nope, no refund is possible.

Best regards.
Hi,
Just a quick question - is the queue calculator on this website reliable?

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/qcalc/QDateAnswer.do

The following errors have been encountered:
Queue Date of 01/03/2011 cannot be found in the 864 queue. If you enter a date and no queue date can be found, this means that no parent visa applicant was queued on this date.

Is there no queue for subclass 864, CPV aged parent visa? My mum-in-law isn't keen to live here permanently. We were wondering if she changes her mind a year or two later then we could possibly apply under this category.

Ta
Old May 6th 2011, 8:12 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

There is no formal queueing at this time in respect of Contributory Aged Parent visas (subclass 864).

There is though for the old style Aged Parent visas (subclass 804).

Best regards.
Old May 6th 2011, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
There is no formal queueing at this time in respect of Contributory Aged Parent visas (subclass 864).

There is though for the old style Aged Parent visas (subclass 804).

Best regards.
Thanks
Old May 6th 2011, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

ileay is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot Pam and Allan, I thought as much but wanted to ask the question anyway just in case.

Kind regards, June
Old May 6th 2011, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Medicals done today and BP behaved! Less stressful than I thought it would be and, subject to bloods/urine tests/x-rays another step closer ........

Would recommend Maidenhead for medicals - very relaxed setting, helpful and reassuring staff, brilliant doctor doing consultation, free parking, nice garden if you get there early and £200 including posting everything to Sydney Health Office.

Far less stressful than London and we got there in less than an hour. (London, although only 20 miles away would have meant 2 trains, tube and a journey of nearer 2 hours)
Old May 6th 2011, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jtct
Medicals done today and BP behaved! Less stressful than I thought it would be and, subject to bloods/urine tests/x-rays another step closer ........

Would recommend Maidenhead for medicals - very relaxed setting, helpful and reassuring staff, brilliant doctor doing consultation, free parking, nice garden if you get there early and £200 including posting everything to Sydney Health Office.

Far less stressful than London and we got there in less than an hour. (London, although only 20 miles away would have meant 2 trains, tube and a journey of nearer 2 hours)
That's another hurdle over. Things will start hotting up now for you.
Old May 8th 2011, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

allanandros is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks. No, Allan and Ros have not expired, we have just been hibernating. Our Case Officer was appointed on 27 April and AOS requested. This will be paid 18 May. Hey, things are starting to happen. Great! Allan and Ros
Old May 8th 2011, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

allanandros is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry folks, we have a question. We have to send £10,000 to our son who is our AOS. Can anyone recommend the best company to use to transfer/exchange £sterling into AUD and also transsfer to our son's account? - If that makes sense? Thanks, Allan
Old May 8th 2011, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

SteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allanandros
Sorry folks, we have a question. We have to send £10,000 to our son who is our AOS. Can anyone recommend the best company to use to transfer/exchange £sterling into AUD and also transsfer to our son's account? - If that makes sense? Thanks, Allan
I've used http://www.moneycorp.com/ several times. Low fees and very reliable. Recommended.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.