August 2009 Applicant

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

HoriFTC will become famous soon enoughHoriFTC will become famous soon enough
Default Re: August 2009 Applicant

Originally Posted by supriyag123
Sure..

I am more keen on NSW tho, as I really want to be in sydney..but melbourne is a very close 2nd choice, from my career (IT) perspective.

Will keep u posted.
Thanks in advance.

I am also not sure where I would start in Australia after our visa will hopefully granted.

Our second choice is also Melbourne, but the first one is Brisbane - unfortunately on both application forms (VIC+QLD) they asked if you applied or want apply at other state(s) for SS. I said no on the QLD application, sent it; and several days later wanted to apply at VIC, but then realized this question on their online application form - and got that email answered.

Hopefully I will get QLD sponsorship, otherwise we will apply with VIC; I just hope that my occupation will remain on the VIC Eligibility List.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HoriFTC
Thanks in advance.

I am also not sure where I would start in Australia after our visa will hopefully granted.

Our second choice is also Melbourne, but the first one is Brisbane - unfortunately on both application forms (VIC+QLD) they asked if you applied or want apply at other state(s) for SS. I said no on the QLD application, sent it; and several days later wanted to apply at VIC, but then realized this question on their online application form - and got that email answered.

Hopefully I will get QLD sponsorship, otherwise we will apply with VIC; I just hope that my occupation will remain on the VIC Eligibility List.
Dont worry mate...SS or no SS, eventually the PR thing will work out for all of us i suppose

What is your profession? Saw AIM in ur signature, but not sure what is it about
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Dont worry mate...SS or no SS, eventually the PR thing will work out for all of us i suppose

What is your profession? Saw AIM in ur signature, but not sure what is it about
Engineering Manager.

I would need a SS because my occupation is not on the CSL "only" on the MODL, and I want to make my application process faster.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Engineering Manager.

I would need a SS because my occupation is not on the CSL "only" on the MODL, and I want to make my application process faster.
Oh I see..did u consider WA as an option?..I am in Perth for past 1 yr, and what I hear around is tht WA is one of the best for engineering related professions..
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Oh I see..did u consider WA as an option?..I am in Perth for past 1 yr, and what I hear around is tht WA is one of the best for engineering related professions..
It might be, but we have good friends in Brisbane, they offered us accommodation for the first couple of weeks, so we would do this.

And I will invest in properties, and see better chances for this in the Gold Coast/Brisbane/Sunshine Coast area than on the west coast.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

It might be, but we have good friends in Brisbane, they offered us accommodation for the first couple of weeks, so we would do this.

And I will invest in properties, and see better chances for this in the Gold Coast/Brisbane/Sunshine Coast area than on the west coast.
Ok that sounds good.

However, since SS is so critical for u at the moment, if I were you, I wud keep all the options open...and I dont think WA is so strict abt multiple processing in more than 1 states (not 100% sure though)...at least it is worth checking once.

And mate, perth is not all that bad, trust me..
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Hi all August 2009,

Just wanted to wish you all luck

I was a August 2007 (seems so long ago now lol) still follow my old thread some people are still waiting for their visa

We have been in oz for nearly 12 months now, want be long for you all.

Goodluck

minibelle
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Not bad.

Would you be able inform me about your both SS applications if they will granted?
Received application acknowledgement from NSW today (that was quick, as it was apaper application)..

They said they will take 4-6 weeks to give out the result
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Ok that sounds good.

However, since SS is so critical for u at the moment, if I were you, I wud keep all the options open...and I dont think WA is so strict abt multiple processing in more than 1 states (not 100% sure though)...at least it is worth checking once.

And mate, perth is not all that bad, trust me..

Maybe you've right.

I checked the online application form of WA, it also asks about any other application sent to other states...

I dropped them an email asking about multiple applications for SS, they don't seem to be so rigorous as VIC:

Dear X.Y.

There is no problem to lodge an application for state sponsorship with more than one state. Therefore your application with Queensland will not have any bearing on the outcome of your application with Western Australia. We only ask that you notify us if you decide to take up sponsorship in Queensland, so that we can withdraw your application.

Kind regards

State Migration Centre
Government of Western Australia

I think I will apply at WA too...
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Received application acknowledgement from NSW today (that was quick, as it was apaper application)..

They said they will take 4-6 weeks to give out the result

Good luck!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Maybe you've right.

I checked the online application form of WA, it also asks about any other application sent to other states...

I dropped them an email asking about multiple applications for SS, they don't seem to be so rigorous as VIC:

Dear X.Y.

There is no problem to lodge an application for state sponsorship with more than one state. Therefore your application with Queensland will not have any bearing on the outcome of your application with Western Australia. We only ask that you notify us if you decide to take up sponsorship in Queensland, so that we can withdraw your application.

Kind regards

State Migration Centre
Government of Western Australia

I think I will apply at WA too...

There you go!

Best of luck
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Sure..

I am more keen on NSW tho, as I really want to be in sydney..but melbourne is a very close 2nd choice, from my career (IT) perspective.

Will keep u posted.

Got outright rejection from VIC, within 2 days...reason not clear..but I reckon either because I have a job in Perth, or I have applied in NSW as well.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Got outright rejection from VIC, within 2 days...reason not clear..but I reckon either because I have a job in Perth, or I have applied in NSW as well.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

UKjuice is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Sep 4th 2009, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

Just a question:

How could you apply for subclass 175, if you are living onshore Australia? Don't you have to live offshore Australia if applying for this kind of visa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.