AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

dankate will become famous soon enoughdankate will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Wow! Massive Congratulations to everyone who got their visa in the last few days! Hope you all get to get out here soon.

Good luck to all those still waiting for visas (and house sales) .... your day will come soon - Honestly

I can't believe its a year since we all applied. I really can't thank you all for being there every step of the way. Me and OH text eachother every day to remind ourselves that we are finally living the dream . It's really fabulous here, better than we had hoped, so I hope all your dreams come soon too!

I have been taking a bit of a step back on the site as I know its frustrating hearing how far others have gone when you are still waiting - but I check in most days (ok - its every day) and read all your posts.

Best of luck
Irish Gal x
hi irish gal
please let us know all about your day to day experiences, it would be good for us to know what the ups and downs are of everyday life in oz
regards
danny
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Lindsayc will become famous soon enoughLindsayc will become famous soon enough

Hi

Sarah - Thanks for your wishes - have a good time in Portugal visiting your parents - glad little'un is feeling better.

Irish Gal - glad all is going well for you and your family

We've been watching the dollar everyday too - waiting for it to reach 2.15.

Got some tablets from the docs yesterday for the flight - hope they don't knock me out too much!

Asked about med records and they said they charge £50 each - has anybody else been told this? They told me they could do a print out of immunisations for £10 - so we're going to do this instead - they boys have red books so not getting anything for them
Old Aug 7th 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by mOZzy
so how is my lovely august family?!?!

firstly congratulations on the recent visas and CO's

not as many as we'd expected - BUT they WILL come!!

and you are not alone in this ... we are all still here to support you

we are still in the uk ... house is not selling .....
Sorry to here about your house still not sellingDon't worry it will happen. Summer has arrived in the UK ,so hopefully the housing market will pick up. (I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.)
The weather sucks here anyway as it hasn't stopped raining since we arrived. We have been here 5 weeks now. Husband found work straight away. Kids started school last week and are really enjoying it
It is soooo laid back, unlike the UK.
Best of luck with your house.
Keep in touch Mozzy
Joanne,Lee and the boys xx
Old Aug 8th 2008, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
Sorry to here about your house still not sellingDon't worry it will happen. Summer has arrived in the UK ,so hopefully the housing market will pick up. (I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.)
The weather sucks here anyway as it hasn't stopped raining since we arrived. We have been here 5 weeks now. Husband found work straight away. Kids started school last week and are really enjoying it
Keep in touch Mozzy
heyyyy joanne!!
good to hear from you
and great that things are falling into place for all of you over there ...
now, don't tell my anything about bad weather - can't be any worse than here!!!!!!

thanks for the encouragment - very needed!!

have you got a blog?? good way to stay in touch
report back
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

Keep in touch Mozzy

Hey Joanne

Sounds like you're settling in well!! Sorry to hear about the weather.......but it aint summer over here!!! Its probably better weather over there!!! So how have you found your first 5 weeks.......are you glad you did it? You must keep us all updated..........its good to hear what its like on the other side
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mottie
Hey Joanne

Sounds like you're settling in well!! Sorry to hear about the weather.......but it aint summer over here!!! Its probably better weather over there!!! So how have you found your first 5 weeks.......are you glad you did it? You must keep us all updated..........its good to hear what its like on the other side
Hi Mottie,
Nice to hear from you again. Going 22 August!!.Wont forget that date in a hurry its Lee's birthday. Are you all set, packed and counting the days?.
Safe journey Mottie. Not going with Qantas I hope. They are having a lot of bad publicity at the moment.

What can I say, been here for 5 weeks. The time has flown, as there is so much to sort out when you arrive. But it is well worth it. Loving it so far, weather is a bit disappointing but I have noticed the temperature is very simular to the UK. Kids started school last week and are enjoying it. Education is so laid back here. Jack who now attends Brighton High school has half days. He finished at one today and has gone to the Marion centre to watch a movie. Sam started Primary school last week. 67 pupils in total in this school, 17 in his class!.
After getting over the jet lag, which I might add took 5 days to get over. (Prepare yourself). We started to look for a permanent rental. This was difficult as I love so many areas. At the moment we are staying in South Brighton so we are in the zone area for Jack's school. One of the best beaches in Adelaide is just around the corner. Not sure I want to live here though as the roads are a little crazy in Adelaide. Too busy for me, fancy a quiet life in the hills where the views are breathtaking . Hardy's winery is just up the road also.You can buy it by the barrel if you give them a visit.
Lee started work straight away, leaving me to sort everything out ,MEN!!. Finally getting on top of things. What can I say, so far so good. Would like it to be warmer. Locals laugh ,as they say that will change when it is hot all the time. Makes me laugh when they talk. Everyone finishes sentences with NO WORRIES. We all like it and are glad we made the move. Wish we had done it 5 yrs ago as the house prices have doubled. (Shame).

Things I miss already
Family(thank god for web cam)
My dog Amber
Marmite. (they have varieties that look the same but don't taste the same )
woolley hat,gloves and my furry boots.
Beer.(Lee misses a good pint. The beer here is too fizzy)
Keep you lot posted,
All the best and a safe journey,
Keep in touch mate(Crikey, I sound Aus already)
NO WORRIES
Jo, Lee and the boys x
Old Aug 8th 2008, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

Hi Mottie,
Nice to hear from you again. Going 22 August!!.Wont forget that date in a hurry its Lee's birthday. Are you all set, packed and counting the days?.
Safe journey Mottie. Not going with Qantas I hope. They are having a lot of bad publicity at the moment.

What can I say, been here for 5 weeks. The time has flown, as there is so much to sort out when you arrive. But it is well worth it. Loving it so far, weather is a bit disappointing but I have noticed the temperature is very simular to the UK. Kids started school last week and are enjoying it. Education is so laid back here. Jack who now attends Brighton High school has half days. He finished at one today and has gone to the Marion centre to watch a movie. Sam started Primary school last week. 67 pupils in total in this school, 17 in his class!.
After getting over the jet lag, which I might add took 5 days to get over. (Prepare yourself). We started to look for a permanent rental. This was difficult as I love so many areas. At the moment we are staying in South Brighton so we are in the zone area for Jack's school. One of the best beaches in Adelaide is just around the corner. Not sure I want to live here though as the roads are a little crazy in Adelaide. Too busy for me, fancy a quiet life in the hills where the views are breathtaking . Hardy's winery is just up the road also.You can buy it by the barrel if you give them a visit.
Lee started work straight away, leaving me to sort everything out ,MEN!!. Finally getting on top of things. What can I say, so far so good. Would like it to be warmer. Locals laugh ,as they say that will change when it is hot all the time. Makes me laugh when they talk. Everyone finishes sentences with NO WORRIES. We all like it and are glad we made the move. Wish we had done it 5 yrs ago as the house prices have doubled. (Shame).

Things I miss already
My dog Amber
Keep you lot posted,
NO WORRIES
Jo, Lee and the boys x

Oh Joanne

It sounds great!! Mark (OH) starts work almost as soon as we get there so I think I'll probably be a bit like you....sorting everything out!! Happy Birthday to Lee for the 22nd.......hope he has a good one!!

We've not started packing yet, the removals company are doing all that, though I have been busy shredding and sorting out all the rubbish, we had our first leaving do last night....which was a good night and I didnt get too upset!!

No we're flying not flying with Qantas, we're with Emirates, not heard whether they are good or bad........but hey as long as they get us there!!

Well I hope the weather picks up for you soon, and I'll keep you posted how we are getting on too!! Dont know what I'm going to do when we first get there........no access to the internet.........I'll be lost!!!!

Take care

Julie
x
Old Aug 8th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lindsayc
Hi

Sarah - Thanks for your wishes - have a good time in Portugal visiting your parents - glad little'un is feeling better.

Irish Gal - glad all is going well for you and your family

We've been watching the dollar everyday too - waiting for it to reach 2.15.

Got some tablets from the docs yesterday for the flight - hope they don't knock me out too much!

Asked about med records and they said they charge £50 each - has anybody else been told this? They told me they could do a print out of immunisations for £10 - so we're going to do this instead - they boys have red books so not getting anything for them

The same happened to my brother re med records said they'd charge £50 but photocopied the records for £10 each. Good Luck in Oz
Old Aug 8th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mottie,

Things I miss already
My dog Amber
Keep you lot posted,
NO WORRIES
Jo, Lee and the boys x
Great to read your update Jo, so pleased you are enjoying it so far.

Originally Posted by Liz F
The same happened to my brother re med records said they'd charge £50 but photocopied the records for £10 each. Good Luck in Oz
I did not think about medical records. Do you really need to get them?
x
Old Aug 8th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Exchange rate is 2.15 with moneycorp today
Old Aug 8th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kelsey37
Good Morning everyone,

I haven't been on here for ages but thought I should post today because...........

WE GOT OUR VISA!!!!!!

Good luck to all those still waiting and to all those leaving blighty good luck with your new lives downunder

congratulations !

Originally Posted by viksta1000
CONGRATS!!!

havnt been on here in ages, been really busy but...

WE GOT OUR VISA!!!
so chuffed, august aplication are nearly all granted from what i see on BEupdate, but for everyone still waiting...GOOD LUCK

Hope to see you expats down there soon!
Vik

congratulations!

Originally Posted by seanshellluke
CONGRATS we got ours yesterday, all the best to those still waiting

congratulations!

it's great to hear that things are still happening!

just had an exchange rate update and it's 2.16 at the mo... lets hope it keeps going up.

safe journey to all those going soon, and its great to hear that those already made the journey are enjoying their new life, ( cant wait 'till i'm enjoying mine )
Old Aug 8th 2008, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Hi Mottie,

Things I miss already
My dog Amber
Keep you lot posted,
NO WORRIES
Jo, Lee and the boys x
great update!!!!
keep it coming though ... i want more!!!!!!!!!

sounds great about your oh having found a job already. i guess one major worry for everyone.
and also that the kids are settling in so nicely

no worries mate
Old Aug 8th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

IG - It's brill hearing off you regardless of the fact that some of us are still stuck here with no chuffin idea of when the blasted house will sell. It's deadly in that respect, summer or no summer the viewers aren't out there let alone the buyers.

It's so good to hear that you are doing well and most importantly enjoying it, keep us updated chick. You have given the majority of us lot a massive lift during the times when we have felt... well lets just say negative and you've supported us regardless of how you were feeling. And most of us have taken the advice that a glass of wine always helps to make you feel better too

Kelsey37 - The housing market is pants but the Dollar is going up, by the time our houses sell it'll have reached record hights and the weather over there will be glorious. There are many of us feeling a bit negative at the moment but if we stick together and try to think positive it'll be easier. Chin up chuck and if you feel the need to rant this is the perfect place to do so. Fingers crossed for a few viewers and even a buyer for you soon.

Harry Charlie - good luck only 11 days and counting

Sarah N Andy - So glad your little one is ok. Hope you have an excellent holiday and come back feeling totally relaxed.

Lindsayc - I asked my GP about medical records the other week and she advised me that the price depended on how much info there is, could be anythign between £25 and £50, she went and looked at mine and said it was more likely to be the £50 though, she said my daughters (who's nearly 10) would be £25. Not too sure why you need them though tbh other than some schools ask for vacination reports for children on admission. Can anyone assist?? Will the red books for children be ok for school purposes??

Lee and Joanne - Great to hear that you are settling in well and i'm so glad that the children are settling in well (my daughter adjusting is one of my biggest worries). And the class sizes sound fantastic!!! Hope the weather over there improves for you.

Wish the housing market was picking up, this is supposed to be the best time to sell as you say and we're getting nothing so what on earthis gonna happen in the lead up to Christmas goodness only knows. If they get rid of the stamp duty this may improve things a little though so fingers crossed for everyone waiting on house sales.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 2:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickys
Lindsayc - I asked my GP about medical records the other week and she advised me that the price depended on how much info there is, could be anythign between £25 and £50, she went and looked at mine and said it was more likely to be the £50 though, she said my daughters (who's nearly 10) would be £25. Not too sure why you need them though tbh other than some schools ask for vacination reports for children on admission. Can anyone assist?? Will the red books for children be ok for school purposes??
You need the immunisation records for the kids, but unless one of you has a condition about which there are lots of notes, don't bother briging them. The system here is different, you don't register with a doctor as such, you can go where you like and they all keep their own records. Doctors here won't be interested in your records from the UK. The only reason (besides the immunisations) for bringing them is if you feel there is something in them that you would like to have to hand when seeking trweatment here. Generally though, getting them is more hassle and more expense than its worth
Old Aug 8th 2008, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

vinenroses is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shabee
Exchange rate is 2.15 with moneycorp today
Hey guys ... am new here .. offcourse belong to the Aug 2007 group. I applied as 136 BN class. at that time my profession "Electronics Engineer" was'nt in MODL. Now it is in MODL. i am currently waiting for CO. but all i need to know , will it favour me now , as my profession is in MODL now? I have sent every thing i.e. PCC and medz. my application date was 28th Aug. 2007. Since am in MODL now , will there be any prefernce ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.