Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Congrats Ryaner

Lindsay- absolutely beautiful, OH's not bad either!! You'd make a better posh and becks.

Lee/Joanne/Ozzieclaire - thanks for the tips. Claire when you mention bedding do you mean sheets and quilt covers. What about quilts? Our packers suggested we wouldn't be needing quilts!!

Mottie - I'm definately using a 20 footer. If I add the value of all my stuff, then there's no way I could replace it for £3400 (shipping costs). I'm leaving my white goods as the house will be rented with them included (they're not great anyway). Where in Perth you heading. We're North (near Joondulap), but may not settle there long term.

Caroline
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:20 pm
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ryaner
Can't believe we're on the second page again. Well I'm bringing it back to the first page again with great news. OH called Oz this morning on his way to work and guess what? WE GOT OUR VISA> IT WAS GRANTED ON FRIDAY. BRING OUT THE BUBBLY YAHOO.

Congratulations on your Visa.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mottie
Hi Tayles

We got out there on a 134 skills matching visa, Mark was offered the job some time ago, through a friend who already works for the company

We thought about taking our washing machine but its just about seen its last wash so its just not worth it......just over a week now until the packers come....OMG its all very real!!! Have started saying our goodbyes which hasnt been too bad so far but I'm sure its going to get worse!!

Good Luck hope everything goes well for you....where are you heading?
Hi Mottie

We are heading to Port Kennedy initially for 4 weeks to a holiday rental. From there we will have a good look around although it will depend on where the OH manages to get work. Keep us posted on how you get on and settle in. Which bit are you heading to?
Hope to meet up once we get across. Get that Barbie on
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tayles
Hi Mottie

We are heading to Port Kennedy initially for 4 weeks to a holiday rental. From there we will have a good look around although it will depend on where the OH manages to get work. Keep us posted on how you get on and settle in. Which bit are you heading to?
Hiya Tayles

You're flying 2 days before us. Are you sending your kids to school? Don't think we'll settle where our short term rental is. Like you depends on work. Not much point in sending kids to school until we have a location. I'm worried about them having 3 months off with no friends!!

Kids are 14 (15 day after we get there), 13 (not keen on going) and five.

Caroline
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Congrats Ryaner

Lindsay- absolutely beautiful, OH's not bad either!! You'd make a better posh and becks.

Lee/Joanne/Ozzieclaire - thanks for the tips. Claire when you mention bedding do you mean sheets and quilt covers. What about quilts? Our packers suggested we wouldn't be needing quilts!!

Mottie - I'm definately using a 20 footer. If I add the value of all my stuff, then there's no way I could replace it for £3400 (shipping costs). I'm leaving my white goods as the house will be rented with them included (they're not great anyway). Where in Perth you heading. We're North (near Joondulap), but may not settle there long term.

Caroline
Hi Mottie

Hi Caroline & Tayles

We're heading to Mandurah, we've got a holiday rental booked for the first 4 weeks, so as soon as we get there we'll have a good look around! Looking forward to it but also a bit nervous.

We thought we had our dog sorted out but unfortunately we havent so we're desperately looking for a new home for him (as hes 13 we cant really take him with us) so thats took any sparkle out of our new start....no one seems to want an older dog.....not that I blame them

Anway it would be good to have a meet up once we are all there!! We'll be up for that and we'll get the barbie on!!!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

you'd be needing quilts. its very cold without constant central heating like in the uk at least till october the locals say.

quilts,covers and sheets do all seem cheaper for better quality in the uk or even just more variety.you can get your cheap as chips stuff but its nice to sleep comfy in the cold.

hth kath x
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

yoddha will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Hi All,

The August timeline spreadsheet is now up and running.

If you'd like to be added please Private Message or Email me with the following details (please don't leave details on this thread as I cannot guarantee to see them):

Username:
Headed for:
Type of Visa (added if SIR/MODL/STNI as appropriate):
Date application sent:
Did you use an agent:
Medicals - sent with application/booked:
Police Checks: Sent with application/Applied for:
Pre-Acknowledgement/acknowledgement date:

Good luck everyone

Love Karen xx
Hi Room...Anybody Hairdresser...Receiving a Visa Grant?
Old Aug 11th 2008, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Can't believe we're on the second page again. Well I'm bringing it back to the first page again with great news. OH called Oz this morning on his way to work and guess what? WE GOT OUR VISA> IT WAS GRANTED ON FRIDAY. BRING OUT THE BUBBLY YAHOO.

brilliant news! congratulations

Originally Posted by yoddha
yeah me
Old Aug 11th 2008, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Hiya Tayles

You're flying 2 days before us. Are you sending your kids to school? Don't think we'll settle where our short term rental is. Like you depends on work. Not much point in sending kids to school until we have a location. I'm worried about them having 3 months off with no friends!!

Caroline
Hi Caroline,

I don't think we will send ours to school straight away, I wanna take time to look around at the schools and the kids will have to go back into the year they have already completed and this will mean Anya returning to primary as I believe most of the secondary schools start at year 8. Also we are not sure where we will be on a more permanent basis, by the way Jordan is 15 on 6 Oct so a couple of weeks older than your daughter! but she is probably 15 going on 21 where as Jord is 15 going on 9 you know what boys are like, anyway we can always have some regular play days for the kids, I can't wait to meet you all.

We have been applying for jobs for Paul over the last week he is set to have a telephone interview this week for Onesteel based at Bibra Lake its for a shift manager, not bad pay either. Paul would feel better to have a job lined up at least have some interviews to attend when we get there, but he doesn't want to start work for a couple if weeks to give us time as a family to settle a little and you know how manic it will be at first with all that will need sorting out.

Steve Paul's step brother is collecting us from the airport and said he will take us to sort a hire car and shopping on that first day, oh yeah and we will doss on his floor from the airport, which is handy they are really excited about us moving over there he has already invited Paul to go enduro riding in the bush, they have also been teaching us the lingo I have a couple for you
jinger = is a g string, servo = service station they put an o on the end of everything.

I am getting well excited now, though anxious about saying goodbye.

RYANER CONGRATS ON THE VISA!!

Speak soon!

Loads of Love Claire x
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:12 am
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

Congratulations
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Great news, congratulations

minibelle
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:51 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mottie

We're hoping to be in Port Kennedy Middle of October, quarantine space and house sale permitting!!

Hiya Tayles

Caroline
I didn't realise you were gonna be up near Joondalup - not that i've ever been there of course A friend of mine has relatives that live in Ocean Reef and absolutely love it, so you may end up staying in the North (nothing wrong with the North)
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Kelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really nice

Originally Posted by yoddha

Me too
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Kelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really nice

CONGRATULATIONS RYANER
Old Aug 11th 2008, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Just wanted to say happy birthday to Mozzy

Have a good one

minibelle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.