AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Kelsey37
Good Morning everyone,

I haven't been on here for ages but thought I should post today because...........

WE GOT OUR VISA!!!!!!

Good luck to all those still waiting and to all those leaving blighty good luck with your new lives downunder
Good luck Kelsey and congratulations on your visa, hope everything goes smoothly from here on in for you

Originally Posted by viksta1000
CONGRATS!!!

havnt been on here in ages, been really busy but...

WE GOT OUR VISA!!!
so chuffed, august aplication are nearly all granted from what i see on BEupdate, but for everyone still waiting...GOOD LUCK

Hope to see you expats down there soon!
Vik
Congratulations Vik, hope everything goes well for you

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Congrats and good luck with all the rest of it.
We leave our house this friday and fly out on the 14th, to Sydney. Computer is being dismantled tonight as packers are in tomorrow.
Caroline
Caroline, hope i havent' missed you, just wanted to say good luck with everything, I hope you have a safe journey and your packing goes ok, let us know how you get on take care hun. If i have missed you then i am sorry but i still had to say good luck take care

Originally Posted by Inglewhite
Congratulations to everyone who has received their visas today-well done!Good luck Caroline and have a safe flight to Sydney- all the best.
We are flying out on 19th and internet will be switched off in the next few days, so just in case i don't get back on, i'd just like to thank all who have helped and given advice,- this site is fantastic and addictive
May see some of you on the other side, if anyone is going out to Melbourne at the BE meets.
Inglewhite - just in case i dont' get the chance i wish you all the luck in the world, you too have given a lot of people on here a lot of support since our applications went in last yeat. Yes i agree it's totally adictive as will everyone on here. Take care in your last few days and i hope all the goodbyes, the trip and everything when you get there goes really well. Won't see you on the other side as we are off to Sydney but i'll still be on here. Best of luck and dont' forget to post once you get sorted, some of us will still be stuck in blighty for a while yet

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Thanks for the gratz Claire - still can't really get my head around it - finding it very hard to make decisions re. dates etc.
Melbourne - hope you are ok, if you need a listening ear to get it off your chest then feel free we're all here, if you need an extra bottle go get one even on a school night it can help. Take care x
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATULATIONS

TO ALL THE NEW VISA HOLDERS.....
REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU ALL, WE CANT BE FAR OFF EVERYONE HAVING ONE NOW PHEW!! WHAT A CRAZY 12 MONTHS WE'VE ALL HAD SINCE APPLYING
Old Aug 6th 2008, 3:49 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Wow! Massive Congratulations to everyone who got their visa in the last few days! Hope you all get to get out here soon.

Good luck to all those still waiting for visas (and house sales) .... your day will come soon - Honestly

I can't believe its a year since we all applied. I really can't thank you all for being there every step of the way. Me and OH text eachother every day to remind ourselves that we are finally living the dream . It's really fabulous here, better than we had hoped, so I hope all your dreams come soon too!

I have been taking a bit of a step back on the site as I know its frustrating hearing how far others have gone when you are still waiting - but I check in most days (ok - its every day) and read all your posts.

Best of luck
Irish Gal x
Old Aug 6th 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Kelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really nice

viksta1000 and seanshellluke - CONGRATULATIONS to you guys too

Thanks everyone for your congrats, it feels rather daunting to be honest to what lays ahead. Like many of you we still have the house to sell and its very quiet , if we could afford it we would rent it out so we could get on with our new life in oz but unfortunately not possible.

On a positive note- the aussie $ is slowly rising, it will soon begin to get warmer in oz and very hopfully if the chancellor does away with the stamp duty we will all sell our houses

GOOD LUCK everyone
Old Aug 6th 2008, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

oz dollar 2.13 today! its creeping up slowly every day.

Massive congrats to all you new visa holders

We are thinking about booking our flights in Sept, getting close now

Last edited by shabee; Aug 6th 2008 at 10:13 am.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

harrycharlie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Wow! Massive Congratulations to everyone who got their visa in the last few days! Hope you all get to get out here soon.

Good luck to all those still waiting for visas (and house sales) .... your day will come soon - Honestly

I can't believe its a year since we all applied. I really can't thank you all for being there every step of the way. Me and OH text eachother every day to remind ourselves that we are finally living the dream . It's really fabulous here, better than we had hoped, so I hope all your dreams come soon too!

I have been taking a bit of a step back on the site as I know its frustrating hearing how far others have gone when you are still waiting - but I check in most days (ok - its every day) and read all your posts.

Best of luck
Irish Gal x
Glad your dreams have come true hopefully it will be the same for everyone we fly to Melbourne on the 19th august so we are busy dashing round trying to sort everything thankyou for all the advice you gave us before you left
Old Aug 6th 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shabee
oz dollar 2.13 today! its creeping up slowly every day.

Massive congrats to all you new visa holders

We are thinking about booking our flights in Sept, getting close now

We have been watching it every day, how far do you think it will go? i have read 2.42 but i wont hold my breath.

minibelle
Old Aug 6th 2008, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Just checked 2.14 with ozforex

minibelle
Old Aug 6th 2008, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah n Andy will become famous soon enoughSarah n Andy will become famous soon enough

Evening all,
Hope all my fellow Augustees are well.
I've not been on for a while- my 5 year old has been in hospital with pneumonia bless her so I haven't had a chance to log on for a couple of weeks.
Huge Congrats to all those who have recieved Visa grants in my absence !!!
Wishing all you guys a fantastic future in Oz !!

Melbourne-at last !!!!! Really pleased for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyndsay-glad to hear the wedding went well.Flowers look beautiful-as I'm sure did you !

Nix- hang on in there-it can't be much longer.Thinking of you!

For all those soon to be setting off on their great adventure and new life in Oz-I want to wish you all the very best- I hope you will all be as happy as Irish Gal.

Irish Gal- so so pleased to hear it's all going so well for you and your family.

For all those waiting on house sale-keeping everything crossed that a buyer comes along soon.

Take care all- off to visit my parents in Portugal on Sunday-really feel like I need the rest after such an eventful 2 weeks and so pleased my little one is well enough to fly !
Old Aug 6th 2008, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hi Sarah

Hope your little un is better - must have been a dreadful time for you ! Enjoy the break in Portugal - I'm sure you could do with some r n r.

Lets hope the dollar continues on the up and up.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by minibelle
Just checked 2.14 with ozforex

minibelle
SH*T - i traded last week and got 2.0611 - knew that would happen

Lynn xx
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

Originally Posted by the4ofus

Lynn xx
Me too!!!!:curse::curse:
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by minibelle
We have been watching it every day, how far do you think it will go? i have read 2.42 but i wont hold my breath.

minibelle
That would be great if it got to that rate, shall have to hold on and see.
x

Originally Posted by the4ofus

Lynn xx
Hi Lynn
Who did you use and how does it work? I have my money sitting in an account here and I have opened accounts with ANZ. in Australia. A bit unsure how to do it.
Ta
Shabee
x
Old Aug 7th 2008, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Hi Lynn
Who did you use and how does it work? I have my money sitting in an account here and I have opened accounts with ANZ. in Australia. A bit unsure how to do it.
Ta
Shabee
x[/QUOTE]

Hi Shabee,

We used HiFX, just opened an account with them online, than they contacted us with their a/c details. We transferred the money into their a/c, provided them with the details of our a/c (westpac) and they transfer dollars into it. They are very prompt - I sent our cheque recorded delivery, PO told me it would be delivered by 1pm next day - at 1.20pm I received a text to say they had receipt of cheque and would process our order. Then received email stating money was in our bank a/c.

They will talk you thru anything on the phone, I've called them a few times and they are really helpful.

HTH, Lynn xx
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

[QUOTE=Sarah n Andy;6652479]
Nix- hang on in there-it can't be much longer.Thinking of you!
QUOTE]

THANKS !!! It helps to know that there are positive thoughts out there !!!!

Nix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.