AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by mary1967
Are you still entitled to the first time buyers grant if you've already owned a house in the UK?
I think you get it if you have PR and you have never bought a house in OZ

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Just booked our flights - one way Dublin to Brisbane on 4th September

My heart is racing........................

Lynn xx
Great news, not long now, get packing

minibelle
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Great news, not long now, get packing

minibelle[/QUOTE]

I know we plan on having the shippers come in 28th July, suppose we need to start trawling thru the house one room at a time. I dread this bit :curse:

Lynn xx
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

well just to say bye 4 now as we will be all packed up by tomorrow evening as we fly on wednesday morning.
Thankyou to everyone who has helped with answering any questions i have had and reading loads of fantastic posts and replies to others.
Its been good reading and most of the time have confirmed its definately the right thing to do.
cu from the other side - well by friday

kath x
Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Not been on for a few days. I've been enjoying the sun (fab now that i'm not working). My garden is now in full bloom - our EA took pics in December and the outside pictures look dreary!!! I'm photographing the house and garden myself (I'll spend more time and put in more effort than the EA ever would). Hope the new house spec will bring in a fresh lot of viewers.

Good luck The4ofus, bet your really excited now.

Dinnerdash - role on July 7th!

Mottie, if your viewers have been 3 times, they must be serious - fingers crossed for you hun. Same to you lolylew, hope you sell by October.

IG, I see you're still with us, won't be long til you hit those golden beaches, vodka in one hand, sunscreen in the other.

Technically a new week tomorrow (due to bank hol), best of luck to those of us still waiting or trying to sell.

Caroline x
Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kjc79
well just to say bye 4 now as we will be all packed up by tomorrow evening as we fly on wednesday morning.
Thankyou to everyone who has helped with answering any questions i have had and reading loads of fantastic posts and replies to others.
Its been good reading and most of the time have confirmed its definately the right thing to do.

kath x
Good luck Kath and keep in touch

Caroline
Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:15 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

kath x
Kath,
The very best of luck to you and your family. Hope you have a safe flight - you'll soon be living the dream Its been quiet on here the last week so I'm sure I'm speaking on everyones behalf .

Looking forward to your next post as I think you are first to go (Apologies if someone has already gone - my head is done in )

Carolinemaria, yes I'm still here. I've been on this site pretty much every day since I joined and I can fairly say that I'm addicted . I'm at the stage now where I'm desperately trying to stay calm as there's so much to organise: money transfers, closing accounts, giving notice of utilities, etc

I still read every post and wish everyone the very best. Good luck to those still waiting (and trying to sell their houses.....).

Claire, fingers crossed for Jordan! I truly hope you hear soon x

Melbourne, you must have very rich blood as its taking ages!!!!! (are you sure you haven't applied for all your animals too . We'll have to change your name to Mrs Dolittle )

Off to bed!
Irish Gal x
Old Jun 9th 2008, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

melliepoo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Kath,
The very best of luck to you and your family. Hope you have a safe flight - you'll soon be living the dream Its been quiet on here the last week so I'm sure I'm speaking on everyones behalf .

Looking forward to your next post as I think you are first to go (Apologies if someone has already gone - my head is done in )

Carolinemaria, yes I'm still here. I've been on this site pretty much every day since I joined and I can fairly say that I'm addicted . I'm at the stage now where I'm desperately trying to stay calm as there's so much to organise: money transfers, closing accounts, giving notice of utilities, etc

I still read every post and wish everyone the very best. Good luck to those still waiting (and trying to sell their houses.....).

Claire, fingers crossed for Jordan! I truly hope you hear soon x

Melbourne, you must have very rich blood as its taking ages!!!!! (are you sure you haven't applied for all your animals too . We'll have to change your name to Mrs Dolittle )

Off to bed!
Irish Gal x
Hi Guys

I really don't want to cause mass panic among those of us still waiting on our visas, but no visa has been received by anyone on the timeline since the end of May.

Someone on PIA posted a response they had from their agent, stating that there was a rumour DIAC has allocated the skilled visa quota for this year. Which means, if true, no more will come through until after July 1st, the start of the new immigration year.

Please please please someone tell me this is not true? Every single time we think things are moving and our visa could be imminent, we encounter another long delay. We submitted our last documents to our CO on 30.05. and were really hoping to have our visa very very soon...

We even have a buyer for our house but do not want to exchange before we get the visa.....AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! !!!!!!!

Tell me it is not true...

Mel
Old Jun 9th 2008, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

theni is an unknown quantity at this point

Augustees,
I am still waiting for cash officer, i got my full acknowledgement in mid of Feb, i have not receivedx any feed back..from ASPC. infact i was trying to call them but no success. i just want to ensure that my medicals has been reached them b'cos there was a mistake in file ref while sending by the test centre.
Is there any suggestions to get the latest update?

Thank you
Old Jun 9th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mottie
Hey mOZzy!
No news on the house, we had viewers again last week (the 3rd time this family have been round) no offer as yet!!

We're going out to oz on 22 August for 2 weeks.....wish it was for good!!!
doh! of course i knew - i checked the same dates for flights, didn't i
well, at least it will give you an idea of what to expect for the future
3rd time around sounds quite promising - i keep everything crossed for you

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
we have our dates for further tests, 7 july.

4 weeks and counting. been told by panel doctor if results come back as "just one of those things" he will send medicals to sydney next day.
i guess let's hope 'it's just one of those things ....' then

kath x
woheyyyyy lucky thing!!! say 'hi' to adelaide from us and keep my a nice spot on the beach ... we'll meet soon

Originally Posted by theni
Augustees,
I am still waiting for cash officer, i got my full acknowledgement in mid of Feb, i have not receivedx any feed back..from ASPC. infact i was trying to call them but no success. i just want to ensure that my medicals has been reached them b'cos there was a mistake in file ref while sending by the test centre.
Is there any suggestions to get the latest update?

Thank you
i think some on here called the embassy and got an update?!?!
you better wait for some of the ones who did it ... i wouldnt have the number anyways
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

neuronisis is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by melliepoo
Hi Guys

I really don't want to cause mass panic among those of us still waiting on our visas, but no visa has been received by anyone on the timeline since the end of May.

Someone on PIA posted a response they had from their agent, stating that there was a rumour DIAC has allocated the skilled visa quota for this year. Which means, if true, no more will come through until after July 1st, the start of the new immigration year.

Please please please someone tell me this is not true? Every single time we think things are moving and our visa could be imminent, we encounter another long delay. We submitted our last documents to our CO on 30.05. and were really hoping to have our visa very very soon...

We even have a buyer for our house but do not want to exchange before we get the visa.....AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! !!!!!!!

Mel
Mel, I hope this isn't true. If you've got a case officer and you've sent everything off it shouldn't be too long until you get your VISA. Maybe you can stay with friends or family if you exchange.

Even if the rest of us Augustees have to wait until July 1st, that's fine by me, well we've been waiting so long now what's 3 weeks. Try and stay positive, that's what i tell myself. We'll get their in the end
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:10 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

hI HAIRART

Do you know if you can get it if you are building a house, as opposed to buying an established house?

Cheers
Mel
Hi, Yeah you do get the grant if you are building a house, and additionally worthy of mention, is that you only pay stamp duty on the value of the land and not the whole house if you build! This is a big saving, as stamp duty in Oz is way higher than the UK.

We bought our land before we got residency so unfortunately we don't get the first time buyers grant cause technically we already own in Oz now

However happy we did the right thing, the house we picked and part designed will be ready for October so hopefully we'll be over there by then

Allan
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:15 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

I am STILL in the process of being bounced from agency to agency in the Dutch police clearance department. They've taken our money and just not sent the certificate!

So that is why we still havent got our visas......
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Hi Guys

Mel
Hi Mel,

I have just phoned the embassy and they are not aware that the quota has been reached!!

So fingers crossed.

Thanks Claire x
Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Inglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura about

kath x
Good luck and have a safe flight, enjoy your new life and keep us all updated!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 12:59 am
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

kath x
Have a safe journey and best of luck in your new life down under.

Mary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.