Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Hi Mel,

That rumour was raised a few weeks back on another thread and one of the agents came on and said it had no grounding and that we should ignore it. I do hope this isn't true and we see more visas being issued very soon.

Good luck to all of you still waiting - are there many Augustees still waiting?
Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

HOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enoughHOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Hi Mel,

That rumour was raised a few weeks back on another thread and one of the agents came on and said it had no grounding and that we should ignore it. I do hope this isn't true and we see more visas being issued very soon.

Good luck to all of you still waiting - are there many Augustees still waiting?
Well, this is what I got from my agent;
Dear Natascha,

There's a rumour going around that the immigration department have run out of their visa quota for this year (July - June, not a calendar
year!) so they won't approve any more until the new quota of visas are issued on July 1st. We're not 100% certain if this is true as the Immigration department hasn't told us directly, but we haven't had any visa approvals for over a week so it seems likely.

It is not looking good!!!!!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:42 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by HOWMUCHLONGER
Well, this is what I got from my agent;
Dear Natascha,

There's a rumour going around that the immigration department have run out of their visa quota for this year (July - June, not a calendar
year!) so they won't approve any more until the new quota of visas are issued on July 1st. We're not 100% certain if this is true as the Immigration department hasn't told us directly, but we haven't had any visa approvals for over a week so it seems likely.

It is not looking good!!!!!

The last time this rumour went round some of the Migration agents (I think it was Alan) came on to confirm that this was only a rumour.....

I hope its not true!
Irish Gal
Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

HOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enoughHOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Irish Gal

The last time this rumour went round some of the Migration agents (I think it was Alan) came on to confirm that this was only a rumour.....

I hope its not true!
Irish Gal
well they can't even tell me if we have a case officer yet.... called the embassy today and, fancy that, they can't tell us anything, only that they got our medicals.... I start to loose my patience now!!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hi Guys

Couldn't log on for the last couple of days - don't know why but hey .... I'M BAACCCCCCKKKKK !!

PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that it's not true re. visa allocation - I'm really finding the waiting a big strain at this stage !

Dizzy - really feel for you at the moment - we are all acutely aware of how of familys feel about us going (well...... hopefully I'm speaking for most of us anyway) - I agree with all that the others have said - you are amazing to be so supportive of your daughters. You deserve only happiness in your life

Lets answer the question as to how many of us are still waiting (yup ANOTHER list)

Waiting for C O

Melbourne
Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Hi Guys

Couldn't log on for the last couple of days - don't know why but hey .... I'M BAACCCCCCKKKKK !!

PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that it's not true re. visa allocation - I'm really finding the waiting a big strain at this stage !

Dizzy - really feel for you at the moment - we are all acutely aware of how of familys feel about us going (well...... hopefully I'm speaking for most of us anyway) - I agree with all that the others have said - you are amazing to be so supportive of your daughters. You deserve only happiness in your life

Lets answer the question as to how many of us are still waiting (yup ANOTHER list)

Waiting for C O

Melbourne
I just sent an e-mail to the australian imigration B. lets wait and see.... they are the only one who really can tell us what is going on....
Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:57 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

HOWMUCH This whole thing is so maddening isn't it. Psychological torture :curse:.

Worst case scenario is that its another 3 weeks . Tell yourself you aren't going to hear anything til 1st July - and if you do, then it'll be a bonus.

The only time I relaxed during this whole process was when the medicals were sent off. I knew it would be at least 3 weeks before we'd hear anything - and it was the first time in 7 months that I didn't feel obsessed about checking emails

Have you anything you can busy yourself with in the meantime e.g. packing stuff?

Welcome back Melbourne! Been having a few problems with email and internet myself the last couple of weeks (ahem ) Any news back about the medicals? At least if they were confirmed done it would be something.....

Dizzydame - sending you some karma

Irish Gal

PS Its spookily quiet on here these days
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

The2ofus will become famous soon enoughThe2ofus will become famous soon enough

Howmuchlonger - if this is a rumour and NOT true i would say that it is highly unprofessional of your agent !!
maybe Alan can confirm it for us all one way or another...wish we had used Alan as his agency seems to be very positive and gets visas!!!
We lodged 17.8.07, done medicals etc and are still awaiting a case officer and or a visa decision and yes we are getting desperate as we have no home of our own or jobs at present and would go tomorrow if they would let us !!!
But yes it does seem that visda grants have slowed down...who knows why ?? maybe we shall all get them on the same day !!

roll on that day please...........
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hi IG - good to BE back !!

Nix - how were your medicals ?

Keeping everything I have crossed for us all !!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Dizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant future

Melbourne, thank you so much that is so lovely of you to say that. Hope you hear something real soon

Irish Girl, thanks for the karma, hope your move goes really well, can't be long now

Am busy cluttering clearing, trying to make room for daughter and family, had 2 shelves fall off the wall in my computer room last night, (didnt hear a thing, cant believe I slept through it) they were full of books and files, cd's maps and loads of junk, what a mess, thought I had been burgled, So decided now is the time to start getting rid of it.

Fingers crossed for all still waiting for visas and they will start issuing again real soon

Dizzy
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kjc79
well just to say bye 4 now as we will be all packed up by tomorrow evening as we fly on wednesday morning.
Thankyou to everyone who has helped with answering any questions i have had and reading loads of fantastic posts and replies to others.
Its been good reading and most of the time have confirmed its definately the right thing to do.
cu from the other side - well by friday

kath x

Hope you have a great journey, with plenty of leg room and free food and drink, what more could you ask for

minibelle
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Hi IG - good to BE back !!

Nix - how were your medicals ?

Keeping everything I have crossed for us all !!
Thanks for asking......and thanks for remembering ! Impressive when this post moves so quickly and between so many different topics !

All went very well. Very simple. We left a Fedex envelope with the doc for them to be sent off so I think it should be there within the next couple of days.

Then I have my PCC's to scan and send off.....and that is the last of it. Nothing more to do but wait........
Old Jun 10th 2008, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Glad to hear that they're done and dusted Nix - welcome to my queue !!

Hope you've not hit the champers yet tonight - it's only a Tuesday after all !!

Having said that I'm finding that more and more I'm just celebrating getting through the day !! Sad.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

neuronisis is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

look can i just ask an open question here?

Those who haven't got a case officer, have you phoned DIAC direct yet?

Reason i'm asking is that i've e-mailed the London Australian Embassy and was told i have to wait to hear from Australia.

I've e-mailed DIAC only to be get an automated reply that loosely fitted my questions i.e. have i got a case officer? etc etc....

But i got so ?issed off i got up one early morning after a sleepless night and phoned DIAC direct to be told i have a CASE OFFICER and my application was undergoing routine checks and wouldn't be too long before i heard the outcome.

Honestly guys, if you haven't phoned DIAC direct, do it. I'm certainly glad i did. They were very nice, polite and completely understood my concerns. They really gave me a lot of info on how the application was progressing.

GOOD LUCK GUYS AND STAY POSITIVE
Old Jun 10th 2008, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

I have an agent and have agreed to having all correspondence through them - so I doubt that the DIAC would talk to me.

The agent said that they emailed LCU last week to check that my blood results had arrived but didn't seem to think that they'd get an answer - and as I've heard nothing further I assume that they haven't either.

At least, on the up side, DIAC didn't say anything to you about quotas being filled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.