Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old May 20th 2008, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

HOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enoughHOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Well my boyfriend is a chef too and apparently there will be no problem at all in getting work over there - the hospitality industry works a little bit different so the names of places he has worked for means more then anything else! My BF worked for Marco P. White and Gordon Ramsay (and I wonder why I am getting fatter and fatter by the day ) so he just wants to wonder over....

To be honest my dream would be to live down in Margareth River and work in a little shop there but I can't see that happening any time soon.
We are planning to buy a house in Perth as soon as we got over there - renting is such a nightmare that buying actually looks easier!!!

We STILL don't have a case officer but at this stage I just have to let go otherwise I will snapp - our agent rang me today and told me he is going to send out an information pack to us... so I take it as HE believes we are going to get it soon!!

Sometimes I wake up and cannot believe that I am leaving everything behind (AGAIN! - Switzerland - Australia - Ireland and now back to Australia) fair enough we have never been really happy here but still it isn't the easiest thing to do!!!Anyway, let's all get a move on - get our visas - book the flights - and go "home" !!!!!!!
Old May 20th 2008, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Hi all,
Been a while since I've been on.
Congratulations to all Co's and Visas received this week.
Been very busy sorted out stuff.
Did a couple of car boots over the weekend.Highly recommend it we made over £200. Still unsure to whether or not we should send what we have over or just start again. 3k including insurance is alot of money. Does anybody know how much it would be to just send a chest full of personal stuff etc instead?.

Joanne x
Old May 20th 2008, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Hello My Lovelies,

Well it is quiet this week, Congrats on CO and House Sales.

I did the ultimate last night as you all know been having a hard time at work recently and the atmosphere between my boss and I has been tense to say the least, I only work 15 hours a week on Thurs and Fri and up until a month or so ago have always loved my job (the pay is great as well). I finally came to the conclusion I don't need any added stress at the mo so I popped to the office and left my letter of resignation on the boss's desk and emailed a copy to HR, stating the tension between us as the reason for my leaving I should do a month's notice but they said under the circumstances they would let me leave at the end of the month (yey next week), then I got another call saying I have been put on garden leave.

I am chuffed as this gives me more time to look for a temporary placement with more hours a week, but in another way I now have no chance of saying my farewells to other staff at other offices, I will pop in and see my colleague on Friday and drop off my key, (boss has annual leave that day) so this will be my goodbye.

So it don't look like I will be getting any nice we are going to miss you card and prezzie then!

Speak soon.

Loads of Love Claire x

P.S. Its Wednesday tomorrow!!!
Old May 20th 2008, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
Hi all,
Been a while since I've been on.
Congratulations to all Co's and Visas received this week.
Been very busy sorted out stuff.
Did a couple of car boots over the weekend.Highly recommend it we made over £200. Still unsure to whether or not we should send what we have over or just start again. 3k including insurance is alot of money. Does anybody know how much it would be to just send a chest full of personal stuff etc instead?.

Joanne x
Hi Joanne,

We are the same not taking anything, new country new start and to be fair the contents of our place aint worth that much as we are pretty minimalist and we are in rented so no house sale. Obviously this is if we get the bloody visa.:curse:

We have been booting over the last couple of weekends and made £650, mind you Paul did buy a job lot of electrical gear off ebay half of it was only fit for the tip but we made our money back and a little profit. The trouble is I am loath to start selling everything until we know what the outcome will be. We did flog our DVD collection bar 6 that Anya wanted to keep a while longer Jordan didn't offer up any of his mind you he has all the Simpsons Box Sets and Futurama, Star Wars, the Mummy, Little Britain, I get the feeling he don't wanna part with them just yet. (Don't blame him though)

Happy Booting Hon!

Claire x
Old May 20th 2008, 1:43 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Can you please turn off the lights when you've finished?

Just thought I'd let you know our plans. We have decided to rent the house out as no-one is buying at the minute. We will need to remortgage to enable us to get there and ship our furniture - we have a financial advisor and a bank working on that at the minute. We have been looking for flights 4th September leaving Belfast but can't seem to get Singapore airlines from there, it seems we need to book singapore from mainland Uk but then we would probably have a problem getting excess luggage from befast to mainland airport. Any suggestions? Also we are having difficulty in finding short-term accommodation (like for 2 or 3 weeks) on the other side. We plan on staying on the Gold Coast initally with the view of living on the Sunshine Coast.

Also, my OH is a chef. Does anyone know what we need to do to make his CV compatible with Australian standards?

Any help will be gratefully appreciated

Lynn xx
Hi Lynn

have a look at these they are caravan parks but they have lovely chalets for family and work out good quality for money and not to expensive as well not any thing like here I emailed a few for next march as we have family coming over lots of them and they gave great prices if you stay for two or 3 weeks give them an email hope that helps

http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel...ectory/caravan

http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel...ectory/caravan

we will be on the sunshine coast
Old May 20th 2008, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Still no news for us.

What agent did you use Howmuch ?

Has Caroline been on today ?
Old May 20th 2008, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

HOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enoughHOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by claire hopkins
Hello My Lovelies,

Well it is quiet this week, Congrats on CO and House Sales.

I did the ultimate last night as you all know been having a hard time at work recently and the atmosphere between my boss and I has been tense to say the least, I only work 15 hours a week on Thurs and Fri and up until a month or so ago have always loved my job (the pay is great as well). I finally came to the conclusion I don't need any added stress at the mo so I popped to the office and left my letter of resignation on the boss's desk and emailed a copy to HR, stating the tension between us as the reason for my leaving I should do a month's notice but they said under the circumstances they would let me leave at the end of the month (yey next week), then I got another call saying I have been put on garden leave.

I am chuffed as this gives me more time to look for a temporary placement with more hours a week, but in another way I now have no chance of saying my farewells to other staff at other offices, I will pop in and see my colleague on Friday and drop off my key, (boss has annual leave that day) so this will be my goodbye.

So it don't look like I will be getting any nice we are going to miss you card and prezzie then!

Speak soon.

Loads of Love Claire x

P.S. Its Wednesday tomorrow!!!
I know how you feel - I had a similar experience a few years ago - it kind really hurt me that I never really could say good buy proberly - everybody seemed to be kind of nervous when I went back to the office to give my cards back (just in case my old boss would come in and cause a sceen!)

Melbourne; we are using VISA Go - I am not entirely sure if they are good or not - they don't seem to follow up on anything, I would have hoped that they would have sorted our CO out by now but nothing!! I cannot wait much longer... I want to go!"!!
Old May 20th 2008, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

Sarah n Andy will become famous soon enoughSarah n Andy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Can you please turn off the lights when you've finished?

Just thought I'd let you know our plans. We have decided to rent the house out as no-one is buying at the minute. We will need to remortgage to enable us to get there and ship our furniture - we have a financial advisor and a bank working on that at the minute. We have been looking for flights 4th September leaving Belfast but can't seem to get Singapore airlines from there, it seems we need to book singapore from mainland Uk but then we would probably have a problem getting excess luggage from befast to mainland airport. Any suggestions? Also we are having difficulty in finding short-term accommodation (like for 2 or 3 weeks) on the other side. We plan on staying on the Gold Coast initally with the view of living on the Sunshine Coast.

Also, my OH is a chef. Does anyone know what we need to do to make his CV compatible with Australian standards?

Any help will be gratefully appreciated

Lynn xx
Hi Lynn,
I think i have an article regarding the best way of writing of C.V's for benefit of Australian Employers-I came across it and saved it to my favourites at home.Unfortunatley I am at work at the mo but when I get home I will check it out and forward it to you (hope it's of some help but can't promise as I haven't read it myself yet- it just looked like some useful info for future reference)
Will get back to you this evening
Cheers
Sarah
Old May 20th 2008, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Still no news for us today , we have had our case officer for 6 weeks now, I know we shouldnt grumble or be a whinging pom and were not, but so much to do/sell and loose ends to tie up but feeling in a fair bit of limbo today.

We are both off work tomorrow to spend the day together (21st) and 21 is our lucky number so it would be the best day of all if we got our visa over night tonight, right up there with our wedding day and the birth of our children...........well we can hope eh!
We shouldnt realy moan at all, and we dont really have anything to moan about as there are loads of you waiting for case officers, we know that...............good luck everyone for news this week whether its visa grants or CO's.............
Old May 20th 2008, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

JoanneG is on a distinguished road

Hi ALL

It is quiet....am feeling more and more frustrated think i will drink my champagne sooner. Good luck Howmuch on gettin CO only got mine a few week ago i used Active migration, agent based in Perth...seems to be ok but dont really know...dont really care at the mo...

Just trying to decide if i am going to get a relocation package for when i arrive, they sort out short term services flats anyone else thinking of using one of these services?

Joanne
Old May 20th 2008, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

I've used AVS Howmuch - haven't really had much contact from them - could do with a bit just to re-assure me that everything is going okay !!
Old May 20th 2008, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JoanneG
Hi ALL

It is quiet....am feeling more and more frustrated think i will drink my champagne sooner. Good luck Howmuch on gettin CO only got mine a few week ago i used Active migration, agent based in Perth...seems to be ok but dont really know...dont really care at the mo...

Just trying to decide if i am going to get a relocation package for when i arrive, they sort out short term services flats anyone else thinking of using one of these services?

Joanne
JoanneG - god Honey I so know how you feel - I have my good days but today is a BAD day, so many questions but nobody is able to answer any of them... how long, will we be ok etc....
Old May 20th 2008, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Jeepers don't you lot start with the wobbles - I've already been crying today at the thought of leaving one friend in particular !!

What are we like ?

Hold onto whatever it was that made us decide to go in the first place and BELIEVE that it will all be okay.
Old May 20th 2008, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Melbourne
I've used AVS Howmuch - haven't really had much contact from them - could do with a bit just to re-assure me that everything is going okay !!
Hi Melbourne
We used AVS also ,but i think if you e-mailed them they should be
able to put your mind at ease for a while ,that was the part we found
the hardest not hearing any news but they will come through in the end,
when you get the call you will forget all this heartache.
Nikki x
Old May 20th 2008, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shanaghy
Hi Melbourne
We used AVS also ,but i think if you e-mailed them they should be
able to put your mind at ease for a while ,that was the part we found
the hardest not hearing any news but they will come through in the end,
when you get the call you will forget all this heartache.
Nikki x
Sorry now but I don't know how much you guys are paying but we certainly pay enough to expect at least some update (like a quick e-mail every couple of weeks...)

but you are right, soon enough we all will be getting the visa and will be worrying about different things

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.