Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Well - I phoned ASPC last night and spent 45 minutes holding on....only to be told that 138 applications were still being allocated for JUNE 11 !!!! When I phoned a month ago....it was 27 May - they can't possibly have only moved forward two weeks worth of applications in a month !!! That would mean that the last remaining 6 weeks will take 12 weeks to complete ! I cannot possibly keep my life on hold for another 12 weeks....simply to be allocated a case officer....

Any other 138 applicants out there?

I am starting to feel quite down about this. Whilst we only want to go in Jan / Feb next year, we really do need to know if we are accepted - we have three properties to sell and mortgages to clear on them.....and this takes TIME !

Feeing quite miserable.....
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

The2ofus will become famous soon enoughThe2ofus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Well - I phoned ASPC last night and spent 45 minutes holding on....only to be told that 138 applications were still being allocated for JUNE 11 !!!! When I phoned a month ago....it was 27 May - they can't possibly have only moved forward two weeks worth of applications in a month !!! That would mean that the last remaining 6 weeks will take 12 weeks to complete ! I cannot possibly keep my life on hold for another 12 weeks....simply to be allocated a case officer....

I am starting to feel quite down about this. Whilst we only want to go in Jan / Feb next year, we really do need to know if we are accepted - we have three properties to sell and mortgages to clear on them.....and this takes TIME !

Great sympathies XXX

we are same """""life on hold""""

It is really NOT fait what they are doing to us
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by claire hopkins
CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE WHO HAS HAD VISA NEWS

Caroline and Claire - Good news that you have managed to organise a rental. One more thing to tick off your list. $680 seems to be the average price you have to pay. Who did you organise it through?

Got your car rental sorted yet Claire?

Erica
Hi Erica,

Not sorted car rental yet, we booked direct with the owner but it was on www.stayz.com.au and we could pay the deposit into a Halifax account, and Erica I haven't got a list!!!

Yeah your right about that being the average price, we could have done it cheaper but I am not going from a 4 bed 2 bath house here into a small 2 bed apartment when it is going to be a major change for the kids as it is, and Paul and I like our space from Jordan and Anya, so the bigger the better! no pool with ours though but only 3 km from beach and 3km from Paul's brother.

Caroline, you never know when you come out in October we could have moved up north of Perth and be nearer to Wanneroo.

There is one thing though all you lot heading to Perth we are going to have a meet up aren't we?? I bloody hope so! I can't wait to meet you all and I really hope we will continue to keep in touch but in person and maybe go on to become good friends!!

Speak soon!

Loads of Love Claire, Paul, Jordan & Anya x

P.S. Any visas today??[/QUOTE]

Definately up for a meet up over in OZ. I'm looking forward to it already.

We haven't confirmed our rental yet as we don't like the look of the local high school. We're going to phone another school (not in the catchment area, yet only 10mins walk from the house!). I'm thinking if we arrived 1st Nov, then maybe the kids can start school in the new Jan term, that way the 3 month rental will be up and we'll have decided on where we'd prefer to settle. But can I entertain them for 3 months with no school? They'd be of for two months anyway cos of Oz school hols.

Caroline
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vickys
Caroline,
Plese pass on our good luck wishes to Keith for the jobs. I'm hoping to start looking further into how and when to do this. We are looking at dropping our's by £10 at the most or it's a no no. We could release the equity i suppose and rent it out if nothing comes through, we have the cash to get there it's just we coud really do with the cash to get set up and stuff, we haven't got savings like you have but i do know that people go with nothing and they do ok. I'm hoping that it'll sell though but we'll see how the next couple of weeks go and then re look at it.

Erica,

In respect of mobile numbers you knock off the first zero and write +44 then the rest of the number starting with the first number 7

Good luck hun

Caroline x
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vickys
Caroline,
Plese pass on our good luck wishes to Keith for the jobs. I'm hoping to start looking further into how and when to do this. We are looking at dropping our's by £10 at the most or it's a no no. We could release the equity i suppose and rent it out if nothing comes through, we have the cash to get there it's just we coud really do with the cash to get set up and stuff, we haven't got savings like you have but i do know that people go with nothing and they do ok. I'm hoping that it'll sell though but we'll see how the next couple of weeks go and then re look at it.

Erica,

In respect of mobile numbers you knock off the first zero and write +44 then the rest of the number starting with the first number 7
Thanks for that
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Caroline,

Our two will not start school until next year as the same as you we don't know where for definate we will be living long term, I would rather take our time going to several schools to have a look in term time and speak to the teachers and kids to ask what they think! Its really hard because you have you mind set on one place and you will get there and think no this isn't where we wanna be, you might wanna be 50km in the opposite direction.

My two haven't been back to school since we got our visas!, I am a bad bad mother.

You might wanna book a rental pretty quick as they will start getting really booked now as they will soon be coming into the fab weather. I had to laugh at my sister in law yesterday her words 'its been bloody freezing today 18' and its the sodding winter over there!

Keep us up to date with your plans!

Speak Soon!

Loads of Love Claire x
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Lion38 is on a distinguished road

Yes we all feel the same (136 and 138). It seems the August / July 2007 applicants get put behind and may still have to wait long time in order to keep the new system implemented after September well running and guarantee quick processing. ASPC newsletter almost not moving since beginning of June any more. If they really continue like this, I don't want to make any forecast when it will be worked out...
Nothing we can do about it... Possibly submit some feedback via the feedack form of the website.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

neuronisis is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear this.

However try to be a bit more inquisitive/pushy. When i first phoned i asked if i had a case officer?, how long have i had a case officer?, when was the last time any work was done on our case? and was there anything outstanding on our case that would be holding things up.

Good Luck,

Dan.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

neuronisis is on a distinguished road

[quote=carolinemaria;6576340]
Originally Posted by claire hopkins
Hi Caroline (Again)

Wanneroo is North of Perth up near Joondalup which has good shopping mall and cinema etc, I think it is a pretty new area and also pretty close to Hillary's Harbour which is beautiful. Why are you headed North? or is it just a place to stay like us? Did you spend absolutely hours looking on the net for places to stay like us?

We have booked Safety Bay area as its close to Paul's brother and his partner is gonna sort out all the bits when we get our ie medicare, Tax numbers and centrelink for family allowance etc, we don't know if this is the area we are going to stay we will see if we like it for the month and also depends on work for us both.

Dan we've done our rental as 'available from Nov 1st', but we can be flexible. It's in our favour that the rental market is so good, but it does worry me as to how they will treat my house and what if they do a runner or it's left empty. Hope all the risks are worth it.

Hi Claire, we thought finding a decent rental with a dog would be really difficult. However I sent one email and made one phone call and was offered two properties - a 5 bed with pool or 4 bed with pool. Same price as yourselves for 2 months with and option to stay long term.

We'll use the 2 months to see if its right for us, we were initially looking at Secret Harbour/Manurah and Port Kennedy. Keith applied for 5 jobs last night so we're waiting to see what happens and then we'll book flights within the next few weeks for end October.

Vicky - good luck with house sale and don't give in to the pathetic people with the pathetic offers. Can you not release some equity and then rent it out (as a last option). Hopefully you'll sell.

Good luck everyone

Caroline x
Carolinemaria,

November 1st is when we're gonna rent ours from. We're gonna let it through an agent my brother uses. They're pretty good and carry out inspections every 3 months and take care of any legal issues, i.e. tenant problems etc etc but they take a cut but it's minimal.

Dan.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

huiyin will become famous soon enough

I'm subclass 138, 13/08/2007 application, still no CO now, still waiting, ....bad mood!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

morpheus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Fellow Augustees,

Finally got my grant letter last week. However, I have since a couple of week back changed to a new job. Wondering how much would this affect my visa (grant letter). I understand I am obligated to inform them as stated in the Change in Circumstances. I am debating as my concern is that they may ask for employment reference which will put me in a difficult situation to explain to my new employer why I need one when I just join.

If I inform them of the changes, will they retract the grant letter so that they can review the changes before issuing another one?

Anyone in similar situation before?

Thks!

Morpheus
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Lion38 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by morpheus
Hi Fellow Augustees,

Finally got my grant letter last week. However, I have since a couple of week back changed to a new job. Wondering how much would this affect my visa (grant letter). I understand I am obligated to inform them as stated in the Change in Circumstances. I am debating as my concern is that they may ask for employment reference which will put me in a difficult situation to explain to my new employer why I need one when I just join.

If I inform them of the changes, will they retract the grant letter so that they can review the changes before issuing another one?

Anyone in similar situation before?

Thks!

Morpheus
Hi,

big congratulations. Yes officially you'd need to tell them. I don't think it would have any impact. May be just fly down and make your initial entry.

Please share your timeline with us, let us know which category you had applied for and which country you are coming from.

All the best!!!!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

morpheus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lion38
Hi,

big congratulations. Yes officially you'd need to tell them. I don't think it would have any impact. May be just fly down and make your initial entry.

Please share your timeline with us, let us know which category you had applied for and which country you are coming from.

All the best!!!!
Application received 30 August, 136 MODL J2EE. Grant Letter 11 July. I am from Malaysia.

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:08 pm
Vickie

vickie will become famous soon enoughvickie will become famous soon enough

Not been on for a few days so congrats to all those newly arrived in visa town!

Hope everything is going to plan for every body!

Has anyone heard from GONNAGO/ Hayles?

Love Vic X
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

Hsherriff will become famous soon enoughHsherriff will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by huiyin
I'm subclass 138, 13/08/2007 application, still no CO now, still waiting, ....bad mood!
We also 138 OZ family sponsored and still no CO. I guess its just a waiting game.

Congrats to everyone who has had their golden ticket and to anyone else who have moved up the step of the very long ladder to OZ..

Lets hope that by end of July more good news will be heard for all of us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.