Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old May 31st 2008, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
a friend of ours posted on this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=arthritis

we are still waiting for negetive urine test...........

good luck to all waiting
Hi dinner dash
Don't give up hope. Like i've explained to your OH he may never get a negative result. I never will but you just have to be able to explain the reasons why you'll never be neg. Chin up. I got there in the end-you will too!
Mo
Old May 31st 2008, 4:49 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Our 3 year old Son has a lovely habit of waking up early every morning, he beat the record this morning....4.30am!!!!
Holy cr*p!!! Luckily our eldest (2yr) sleeps until 7:30am-8:30am although the youngest (10mo) wakes around 6:15am with a bit of a "I've done a wee" shout around 2am..... thanks mate, good to know

edit: forgot to add main reason for posting.... do you have blackout curtains that go to the floor? if not - get em - they're a godsend!

Last edited by OriginalSunshine; May 31st 2008 at 4:50 pm. Reason: forgot to add main reason for posting
Old May 31st 2008, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by claretandblue
Hiya,

The bump is doing fine and getting bigger by the day!! Only 9 weeks left....and counting! We can't wait to be able to get our medicals and police checks and start the ball rolling again!!

My Hubbie is an Aston Villa fan, hence the user name claretandblue, I'm Rachel. Our 3 year old Son has a lovely habit of waking up early every morning, he beat the record this morning....4.30am!!!!

do you know if it's a boy or a girl?!?!
maybe s/he will put in a slightly early arrival

our 4yr old has phases when he wakes during the night like yesterday at 1am that he couldn't find his friends - his bears in his bed
and my 2.5yr old climed out of her cot today again ... luckily after 6am!! (that's our rule normally - the big one understands it now but she hasn't got a clue - so we are just getting lucky )
Old May 31st 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Holy cr*p!!! Luckily our eldest (2yr) sleeps until 7:30am-8:30am although the youngest (10mo) wakes around 6:15am with a bit of a "I've done a wee" shout around 2am..... thanks mate, good to know

edit: forgot to add main reason for posting.... do you have blackout curtains that go to the floor? if not - get em - they're a godsend!
He used to sleep until 7am, which was great!!! These early mornings have been happening since he turned 3....and funnily enough, ever since the clocks changed!!! We've got blackout curtains, but they're not to the floor. Our windows are also dormer style and in the roof, so the curtain rail doesn't go straight across, it curves around so there is always a gap at the sides. I think I may put some black bin bags up!!!!!! It was a 6am wake this morning though, I never thought I'd say it, but I don't mind getting up at 6!!!!! I think he's preparing me for the night wakings when the baby arrives!!
Old May 31st 2008, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mOZzy
do you know if it's a boy or a girl?!?!
maybe s/he will put in a slightly early arrival

our 4yr old has phases when he wakes during the night like yesterday at 1am that he couldn't find his friends - his bears in his bed
and my 2.5yr old climed out of her cot today again ... luckily after 6am!! (that's our rule normally - the big one understands it now but she hasn't got a clue - so we are just getting lucky )
Hi MoZzy,

It's a girl!!! We're hoping she'll make an early arrival! Our Son was 3 weeks early. But you can guarantee that because we want her early, she'll be late!!!
Old May 31st 2008, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

HOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enoughHOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enough

Good Morning Ladies!! I am glad I am not the only one up early (no kids to wake me just me worrying...)
Well my better half really hates his job and over the last couple of days weeks months he has gotten worse and worse. I can see when he gets up in the morning how hard it is for him. He gets home in the evening and is just angry... we have spoken about him leaving work without another job; he would get at least 3 weeks hols paid out and obiously he would have to give them one month notice... I think, hope, wish that we are going to be gone within the next 8 weeks IF we fially get the visa so I don't see a problem in that. AND we have saved a good bit of money but I think he just wants to be the breadwinner in the house (he knows I am making more then he does but he just ignores that fact, bless him ) .... it is just so hard to see him so unhappy... as a chef it would be no problem in finding some temporary work anyway... sorry to ramble on but I just had to write this down...

does anyone know why they sometimes asking for payslips before they are granting the visa?? I think this might be the only real thing holding him back from doing it...
Old May 31st 2008, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by claretandblue
Hiya,

The bump is doing fine and getting bigger by the day!! Only 9 weeks left....and counting! We can't wait to be able to get our medicals and police checks and start the ball rolling again!!

My Hubbie is an Aston Villa fan, hence the user name claretandblue, I'm Rachel. Our 3 year old Son has a lovely habit of waking up early every morning, he beat the record this morning....4.30am!!!!
Hiya, I have the opposite problem but mainly in school holidays. My two teenagers just DON"T get up!! Friday some "other" teenager appeared with what appeared to be a suitcase!! My son Lew, briefly grunted 'mum this is Joe and he stopping". OMG, I thought he was here for the week! Next morning, or should I say afternoon I tried to open the blinds in the lounge and had to step over them - they surfaced at about 1pm!! Meanwhile the daughter (14) is still in bed watching an episode of friends which she has seen 101 times!!! And yes, whilst I type they are STILL in bed! Only my five year old is happy to spend time with us!

Caroline
Old May 31st 2008, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by HOWMUCHLONGER
Good Morning Ladies!! I am glad I am not the only one up early (no kids to wake me just me worrying...)
Well my better half really hates his job and over the last couple of days weeks months he has gotten worse and worse. I can see when he gets up in the morning how hard it is for him. He gets home in the evening and is just angry... we have spoken about him leaving work without another job; he would get at least 3 weeks hols paid out and obiously he would have to give them one month notice... I think, hope, wish that we are going to be gone within the next 8 weeks IF we fially get the visa so I don't see a problem in that. AND we have saved a good bit of money but I think he just wants to be the breadwinner in the house (he knows I am making more then he does but he just ignores that fact, bless him ) .... it is just so hard to see him so unhappy... as a chef it would be no problem in finding some temporary work anyway... sorry to ramble on but I just had to write this down...

does anyone know why they sometimes asking for payslips before they are granting the visa?? I think this might be the only real thing holding him back from doing it...
Is it because the visas are taking so long that they want to check that you have still been in this work since maybe as long as a year ago! I think this far down the line he could change jobs. My circumstances have changed as of this weekend (sold business), so I'm going to inform agent tomorrow. Good Luck Hun

Caroline
Old May 31st 2008, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

HOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enoughHOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Hiya, I have the opposite problem but mainly in school holidays. My two teenagers just DON"T get up!! Friday some "other" teenager appeared with what appeared to be a suitcase!! My son Lew, briefly grunted 'mum this is Joe and he stopping". OMG, I thought he was here for the week! Next morning, or should I say afternoon I tried to open the blinds in the lounge and had to step over them - they surfaced at about 1pm!! Meanwhile the daughter (14) is still in bed watching an episode of friends which she has seen 101 times!!! And yes, whilst I type they are STILL in bed! Only my five year old is happy to spend time with us!

Caroline
Caroline... oh my god, I just had a flashback of when I was a teenager... come on now, can you remember how much you loved just staying in bed, knowing that your mummy has kept you some lunch
First they cry when you only leave the room, then they hardly want to talk to you, then they leave home and THEN they call you and pop in just for a chat... well that was the way with me... I am now even go on holidays with my mum, ring her and actually talk to her but I would have never thought that is going to be like this when I was a teenager, did YOU??!!
Old May 31st 2008, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Is it because the visas are taking so long that they want to check that you have still been in this work since maybe as long as a year ago! I think this far down the line he could change jobs. My circumstances have changed as of this weekend (sold business), so I'm going to inform agent tomorrow. Good Luck Hun

Caroline
Congratulations!!! You must be delighted!!! Or are you sad to leave it behind? I am sure you put a lot of work into the business.. are you planning to open your own again in OZ??
Old May 31st 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HOWMUCHLONGER
Caroline... oh my god, I just had a flashback of when I was a teenager... come on now, can you remember how much you loved just staying in bed, knowing that your mummy has kept you some lunch
First they cry when you only leave the room, then they hardly want to talk to you, then they leave home and THEN they call you and pop in just for a chat... well that was the way with me... I am now even go on holidays with my mum, ring her and actually talk to her but I would have never thought that is going to be like this when I was a teenager, did YOU??!!
Yes you're right. I was a nightmare teenager, bit of a rockchick, my torn jeans used to drive my mum up the wall. When I left at 18 I yelled 'I can't wait to go" and mum yelled "I wish you'd just go". Now I see her everyday and live round the corner from her, and my dad and I have persuaded her to apply for a visa to come to Oz!!

On the business front I am sooooo pleased to have got rid of it (although I am going to do some part time work for the new owner). It has been hard work and ruled our lives for too long. I have worked Saturdays for 15 years and yesterday I didn't have to work. I got on the sun lounger, did a bit of gardening, had a water fight with kids and oh, then had parents over for a barbie - god what have I been missing? I never want to be self employed again, but would like to train to be a teacher when over in Oz. I'm not sure if my degree (business studies) has any relevance over there. What you planning to do over there? I intend to take a year off.

Caroline
Old May 31st 2008, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just thought I'd let you all know about my little mishap! Thought I'd have a sunday morning bath and dye my grey roots back to dark brown. However last week I decided to hide the yukki stripe of tiles that the previous owner with absolutely no taste had left in the bathroom. I spent ages carefully applying tile paint (not great stuff but ok as a temporary fix). As I just lay in the bath listening to nickleback full blast and letting the hair dye take effect, the splashed dye is working its way nicely into my newly applied tile paint (boll**ks!). In my haste I poured bleach on it and to my horror it stripped off the the tile paint as it ran down!! I then got a razor blade and tried to peel it all of. Meanwhile the canvas picture I'd just put up above the bath fell off and hit me on the head. This reminded me I still had the hair dye on!! I have a black stripe where the grey was and faded hair dye on my face which I am struggling to wash off!!! Where is hairart- never again will I do-it-myself (in either hair dressing or household improvements!!!)
Caroline
Old May 31st 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

Just thought I'd let you all know about my little mishap! Thought I'd have a sunday morning bath and dye my grey roots back to dark brown. However last week I decided to hide the yukki stripe of tiles that the previous owner with absolutely no taste had left in the bathroom. I spent ages carefully applying tile paint (not great stuff but ok as a temporary fix). As I just lay in the bath listening to nickleback full blast and letting the hair dye take effect, the splashed dye is working its way nicely into my newly applied tile paint (boll**ks!). In my haste I poured bleach on it and to my horror it stripped off the the tile paint as it ran down!! I then got a razor blade and tried to peel it all of. Meanwhile the canvas picture I'd just put up above the bath fell off and hit me on the head. This reminded me I still had the hair dye on!! I have a black stripe where the grey was and faded hair dye on my face which I am struggling to wash off!!! Where is hairart- never again will I do-it-myself (in either hair dressing or household improvements!!!)
Caroline

Old May 31st 2008, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline
Hee hee!! That sounds like something I've written!!!!

Rachel
Old Jun 1st 2008, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Just told hubby what I've done. He lifted up my fringe and is now killing himself laughing at my blackened forehead!! I've just got dressed up to take kids out for the day (have a new red top on), before I go I am going to repaint tiles. Do you think this is a good idea considering my bad luck so far today? Do any of you ladies find that at certain times of the month you are far more clumsy?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.