Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Apr 5th 2008, 4:28 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by sarskis
Congrats... great news...

Anyone waiting on meds, they are currently processing those received 20th March.

Sarah
Thanks for that. Sent an email on Monday and no reply yet. Ours arrived either 22nd or 23rd!!! And its the last thing Case Officer needs!!!

Just looking at your timeline. We're practically the same - give or take a week or so!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Thanks for that. Sent an email on Monday and no reply yet. Ours arrived either 22nd or 23rd!!! And its the last thing Case Officer needs!!!

Just looking at your timeline. We're practically the same - give or take a week or so!
That is last thing ours is looking for too...ours took over a month to get there with An Post and so it arrived on 27th March so we are just behind you. I am going to send a mail to case officer one we get clearance from LCU (presuming they clear), might help move it along a bit... who knows.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Our meds were posted 13th march so hopefully they should be getting clearance soon Good luck to everyone for the coming week, fingers crossed we get some good news

Just spent ages on facebook, must go make dinner now

Lynn xx
Old Apr 5th 2008, 5:25 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sarskis
That is last thing ours is looking for too...ours took over a month to get there with An Post and so it arrived on 27th March so we are just behind you. I am going to send a mail to case officer one we get clearance from LCU (presuming they clear), might help move it along a bit... who knows.

Yes, I'll be sending mine an email too. I don't care if it looks like I'm begging - Shame went out the window a few months ago .
Old Apr 5th 2008, 6:07 am
Account Closed

aglassofwinehelps is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

A fellow Augustee here, my userid is exactly how I'd sum myself up at the moment. there are four of us on our app, we are at the "waiting for a case officer" stage, meds sent, PC's sent, both in March. i'm not at the stage of losing it just yet but that's because a glass of wine helps!

Good luck to everyone on this looong road and maybe one day in the not too distant future we will meet in Oz. x
Old Apr 5th 2008, 6:12 am
Oh, George.....

Originally Posted by aglassofwinehelps
Hi

A fellow Augustee here, my userid is exactly how I'd sum myself up at the moment. there are four of us on our app, we are at the "waiting for a case officer" stage, meds sent, PC's sent, both in March. i'm not at the stage of losing it just yet but that's because a glass of wine helps!

Good luck to everyone on this looong road and maybe one day in the not too distant future we will meet in Oz. x

You sound my like my kind of gal Wine is compulsory tool for all us Augustees. Where are you headed?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 6:13 am
Oh, George.....

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Our meds were posted 13th march so hopefully they should be getting clearance soon Good luck to everyone for the coming week, fingers crossed we get some good news

Just spent ages on facebook, must go make dinner now

Lynn xx
Hi Lynn,
You must have been cleared by now. Have you sent the email to the LCU?
Irish Gal
Old Apr 5th 2008, 6:24 am
Account Closed

You sound my like my kind of gal Wine is compulsory tool for all us Augustees. Where are you headed?
Oh Hi IrishGal, I feel that I know you already! Umm, I think Melbourne but until we do our reccie then I really don't know. will be holidaying initially in Sydney with relatives (validating Visa). As usual, work dictates. What part of the emerald Isle are you from, I have family all over. I suppose you could say mom did what we are about to do (hopefully) albeit on not such grand a scale! when she left Ireland and came to England.

You will have to excuse me as the 'glass of wine' has gone down twice now due to Tesco having an offer on their wine at the moment! Where would we be without it indeed!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 6:39 am
Oh, George.....

Originally Posted by aglassofwinehelps
Oh Hi IrishGal, I feel that I know you already! Umm, I think Melbourne but until we do our reccie then I really don't know. will be holidaying initially in Sydney with relatives (validating Visa). As usual, work dictates. What part of the emerald Isle are you from, I have family all over. I suppose you could say mom did what we are about to do (hopefully) albeit on not such grand a scale! when she left Ireland and came to England.

You will have to excuse me as the 'glass of wine' has gone down twice now due to Tesco having an offer on their wine at the moment! Where would we be without it indeed!

We're heading for Melbourne - only because that's where my sister is. No point in going elsewhere really. I've heard great stuff about it and I'll be able to see my nieces and nephew more often too.

God, we've a lot in common. My mother brought us from Wales when I was 11 to Ireland cos she's from Clare! That's why I know my kids will be fine really.

Haven't started the wine yet. Have to wait til ALL the kids are in bed!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 6:58 am
Account Closed

I feel drawn more to Melbourne maybe cos the weather is not so extreme and the four seasons appeal. Of course having all the family in Sydney, it would help moving there. Maybe when we do the validation trip it will help

My youngest is 9 and seeing mom have a glass of wine is the norm in this house, dad doesn't indulge which is quite useful

OMG I sound like I am dependant seriously I am not and I have actually been to a birthday party this afternoon (yep, it was a dolls party but me and dad were up doing musical statues and pass the parcel even tho the football results were on and had to be interrupted while Amarillo played!)

Having your sis there is fab, I'm hoping my sis-in-law will eventually join us. I'm assuming you have been to Melbourne then if your sister is there?

I have never visited County Clare, My brother often visits Dingle to surf but most of my family are in Dublin with my closest family being in the midlands.(Co. Meath)
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I'll be sending mine an email too. I don't care if it looks like I'm begging - Shame went out the window a few months ago .
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

viksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant future

all you people who lodged your application on the 22nd august and have already got full acknowledgement, how long do you reckon it will be until people who lodged their application on the 30th or 31st august

Vik
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Hi Lynn,
You must have been cleared by now. Have you sent the email to the LCU?
Irish Gal
hi Irish gal,

No I haven't sent an email to LCU, we are using an agent so i thought i couldn't as they would only communicate with my agent - am I right or wrong in thinking this? I'm just sitting patiently waiting. had a glass of wine with dinner, going to open another bottle now and going to look to see if any good films on tonight - tv is sh*te on a saturday night

Lynn xx
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by viksta1000
all you people who lodged your application on the 22nd august and have already got full acknowledgement, how long do you reckon it will be until people who lodged their application on the 30th or 31st august

Vik

We lodged 16/08/07 got full ack on 23/01/08, its has taken DIAC over 2 months to process 2 weeks worth of applications, but we have given up trying to find a pattern to it all, it was the same for the pre-acks - 2 months to process 2 weeks worth (the last 2 weeks of August apps).....there is no pattern at all...............people have case officers who lodged on 22nd August but people who lodged on teh 2nd of August dont have them. I think its just luck depending on whichever pile or in-tray your file is sitting in.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

viksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
We lodged 16/08/07 got full ack on 23/01/08, its has taken DIAC over 2 months to process 2 weeks worth of applications, but we have given up trying to find a pattern to it all, it was the same for the pre-acks - 2 months to process 2 weeks worth (the last 2 weeks of August apps).....there is no pattern at all...............people have case officers who lodged on 22nd August but people who lodged on teh 2nd of August dont have them. I think its just luck depending on whichever pile or in-tray your file is sitting in.
would it help if i just keep on pestering them until they get fed up of me and have no choice but to give me my visa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.