Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:06 am
Vickie

vickie will become famous soon enoughvickie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by YvonnePaul
Still nothing but a pre-ack for us and that was months ago now - could there be something wrong with our application? I'm getting a bit bored of all the waiting tbh. We have our medicals tomorrow and Friday so maybe once they are in we'll go straight to CO or grant (wishful thinking)

Does anyone know how long things take once meds are done, presuming the meds are fine? How long does it take for the docs to send them off and for them to get to Sydney? Once there how long do they take to process them?

So many questions!!

Thanks for any advice though.

Yvonnex

While you're still waiting, so am I, and that makes me happier! LOL!
Not sure I'm getting bored, just very frustrated though, I was convinced I'd hear something this week but have only had e-mails from Britishexpats and Specials at Tescos! My hub now thinks I'm obsessed with this site, so I've made progress from Facebook!

Vickie X
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

evening!

hello hello to all the newbies

and wow to all the ones without even full ack yet - i can't believe it.
and so misleading everyone with telling us it will be done by 15th feb

but hey, you might just go straight to co or even visa!!!!!!
don't give up there is hope and us

our house went live today so fingers crossed we'll sell it quickly for alot of money

re medical timeline: ours went out 2 days after we had them done and left the uk 4 days later (including a weekend i have to add) - i've received an email from ozpost yesterday that they have been received in sydney 14th feb and are being processed - so rather quick i think
but i don't think i'll hear anything else from now on
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mOZzy
evening!

hello hello to all the newbies

and wow to all the ones without even full ack yet - i can't believe it.
and so misleading everyone with telling us it will be done by 15th feb

but hey, you might just go straight to co or even visa!!!!!!
don't give up there is hope and us

our house went live today so fingers crossed we'll sell it quickly for alot of money

re medical timeline: ours went out 2 days after we had them done and left the uk 4 days later (including a weekend i have to add) - i've received an email from ozpost yesterday that they have been received in sydney 14th feb and are being processed - so rather quick i think
but i don't think i'll hear anything else from now on
I think it will be a while before all applications are fully ack, the ASPC email dated for the 19th Feb said they are working on applications received on 24th August, so they are only one day further than last week, ours was received on 17th August and we still dont have full ack

Gillian
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Still waiting!!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Good evening. Went to work today with the determination to SWITCH OFF MY OZ mania!!! First job I was greeted with this morning (I'm a bespoke picture framer) - was to frame a print of Sydney Harbour Bridge!!!!!!!!!! NOT FAIR!!!!
No CO this morning, anyone else got one today?? My OH also thinks I'm obsessed - is it just us women who are impatient - why are men so coooool about life?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Sarah n Andy will become famous soon enoughSarah n Andy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hi- new member here !

Originally Posted by Robbie_Paula
Sarah, if you have a look at the timeline spreadsheet for August Applicants at the following URL you'll see that quite a few of us have already been assigned Case Officers and some have had VISAs granted.

http://www.beupdate.co.uk/visa.php?month=Aug&year=07

I never could understand the ASPC email showing processing times because it doesn't seem to reflect what is actually happenning. You could find you'll be getting a Case Officer sooner than you thought.

Good Luck
Thanks for the info guys-spreadsheet looks great.
Congrats to all you lucky ones that have been assigned CO's already and also those that have been granted VISA's-hope Oz brings all you wish for.
Is is possible to add ourselves to the spreadsheet? if so how?

Cheers
Sarah
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Sarah n Andy will become famous soon enoughSarah n Andy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi sarah,

You will find this website totally addictive! and will make loads of friends on here, most people are really friendly
We are Mark and Gillian and Matthew who is 3, we applied on 17th August and still havent heard anything :curse:

Good luck with everthing

Gillian
Hi Gillian,
Thanks for the warm welcome and good luck wishes.
Let's hope it won't be too much longer before you guys hear something.I'll keep everything crossed for you !!!
I have a little girl of 3,well she'll be 4 in May so looks like we will have to enrol her in school this September-which will be a bit of a nightmare as if all goes well we are hoping to be in Melbourne by Christmas .I have contacted some schools re:starting her in Oz before she's 5 (so that we don't have to take her out) and they have said that I have to apply for exemption to their strict guidelines (of starting a child the term after their 5th birthday)
You say Matthew is 3, will you be in the same boat?
Can anyone throw any light on this subject- has anyone experienced this before?
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks chaps

Sarah x
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

hazelf is just really nicehazelf is just really nicehazelf is just really nicehazelf is just really nicehazelf is just really nicehazelf is just really nicehazelf is just really nicehazelf is just really nice

Hi, we are going to phone and book our medicals tomorrow. Does the doctor ask for your medical records from your GP

Hazel and Andy
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by hazelf
Hi, we are going to phone and book our medicals tomorrow. Does the doctor ask for your medical records from your GP

Hazel and Andy
evening,
they didnt for us. just the completed forms with any medication taking if any stated and that was all. oh and passports

hth
kath x
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sarah n Andy
Congrats to all you lucky ones that have been assigned CO's already and also those that have been granted VISA's-hope Oz brings all you wish for.

Cheers
Sarah
Hi Sarah and welcome. To add yourself to spreadsheet click on the beupdate site and click on Add Me. This August thread is a great way to meet new people and share experiences - good luck. I have a 5 year old who started school in Sept, not sure how the school year works, I suppose she will have to start again.
Caroline
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

hazelf is just really nicehazelf is just really nicehazelf is just really nicehazelf is just really nicehazelf is just really nicehazelf is just really nicehazelf is just really nicehazelf is just really nice

thanks, I think you start to get paranoid about every wee thing you ever went to the doctor with when you have to go for something like this. Was your medicals quite straight forward?

Hazel and Andy
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Robbie_Paula is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sarah n Andy

Cheers
Sarah
Sarah, if you go to the spreadsheets page for August just click on the Add Me Please link near the top, then fill out the form. Think that's about it.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Kelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Steve G
Still waiting!!

Me too
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

evening!

obviously it's us women who worry!!! - because we can see the bigger picture

my boy will be 4 too in may. i've sent the papers in - because they asked so nicely - for the school application - but i don't intend sending him really since we'd like to go around june time!
but if we were still around i wouldn't have a problem sending him - it's more like playschool anyways! and having them out of the house for a few hours will only help with the whole moving process

and re medicals: don't forget the passport photos. 1 for every one (even babies) and another one if you get xrays done!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Juliesmetro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YvonnePaul
Still nothing but a pre-ack for us and that was months ago now - could there be something wrong with our application? I'm getting a bit bored of all the waiting tbh. We have our medicals tomorrow and Friday so maybe once they are in we'll go straight to CO or grant (wishful thinking)

Does anyone know how long things take once meds are done, presuming the meds are fine? How long does it take for the docs to send them off and for them to get to Sydney? Once there how long do they take to process them?

So many questions!!

Thanks for any advice though.

Yvonnex
Hi Yvonne

If your worried you can call the London office and all you need is your passport number, they are very pleasant and helpful. You will get the number on the diac website contact us page.
Hope this helps
Jx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.