Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

mullalloo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by claire hopkins
Hi Guys,

I couldn't winge on my congrats thread to Chris so here it is. Well it looked like everyone being full acknowledged was a load of s**t, as we haven't had anything today I am sooo fed up its unbelievable. I have just been woken up by the window cleaner and my 14 year old son thought it would be ok to use all the milk up (he even had the cheek to complain that he could only have a small bowl of cereal and milkshake) not worried that me and his sister cannot even have a cup of tea, I now have to do a 5 mile round trip to get some milk to have a bloody cup of tea.

I hope to see some more visa and acknowledgements for today though!!

Thanks for listening guys!!

Claire x

Hi Claire

Don't worry, we did not get ours today either. Really quite gutting. So that's another week gone by with no news. My Agent said it was a rumour about them getting all acks done by today.

Maybe next week.

Claire
Old Feb 14th 2008, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Kelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really nice

Hi Guys,

I couldn't winge on my congrats thread to Chris so here it is. Well it looked like everyone being full acknowledged was a load of s**t, as we haven't had anything today I am sooo fed up its unbelievable. I have just been woken up by the window cleaner and my 14 year old son thought it would be ok to use all the milk up (he even had the cheek to complain that he could only have a small bowl of cereal and milkshake) not worried that me and his sister cannot even have a cup of tea, I now have to do a 5 mile round trip to get some milk to have a bloody cup of tea.

I hope to see some more visa and acknowledgements for today though!!

Thanks for listening guys!!

Claire x

Hi Claire,

Nothing for us too :curse: Feeling so fed up today, woke up with my neck really sore and stiff (on going problem) and I know the stress and tension isn't helping.
What I can't work out though is most augustees are waiting on full ack,CO or visa, and I'm still waiting on pre ack . Its been a couple of weeks since I winged to agent so think shes due another one not that she can do much

Fingers crossed Claire lets hope we hear something next week.
Sorry for having a moan.

Really hope theres more good news today for other fellow augustees, good luck everyone.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Hi Kelsey,

I reckon you will go straight to full ack as I am sure that I read that all pre sept applications have been receipted. I just find the waiting a real pain, its been nearly 25 weeks since our application was received and then the pre ack on 5 Dec and that email said up to 12 weeks for full ack which will be on the 27 Feb so I hope that comes about as our meds are on 26 Feb.

Well have good weekend I suppose I will be purchasing yet more wine in the weekly shop this afternoon!! I am becoming a right wino (only kidding)!!

Speak to you all on Monday

Claire x (Oh yeah the rest of my family are Hubby Paul, Eldest Jordan 14, and Anya 12 next week - going on 21).
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

YvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really niceYvonnePaul is just really nice

Hi,

just to update that there's nothing for us either today. I've only just started to get annoyed with the wait for full ack whereas with the pre-ack I started to get edgy, ooh, about a day after the application was sent away! So, all in all, I'm doing pretty well.

I emailed my agent for a timeline update yesterday and this is what I got back -

"]"With you doing your medicals in advance it is very hard to give a timeline. If the timeframes that we are given from DIAC are correct it will take up to another 2 months with a request for further documents and up to 3 months after that with a decision as the LCU is experiencing delays. With the medicals being submitted in advance I have no timeline to work against."[/COLOR]

I'm hoping that this is crap but it's coming from our agent - surely though if there's people getting visas already we won't have to wait another 5 months?? We were hoping to be leaving in July!

Can anyone offer any hope??

Thanks,
Yvonnex
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Kelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really nice

Hi Kelsey,

I reckon you will go straight to full ack as I am sure that I read that all pre sept applications have been receipted. I just find the waiting a real pain, its been nearly 25 weeks since our application was received and then the pre ack on 5 Dec and that email said up to 12 weeks for full ack which will be on the 27 Feb so I hope that comes about as our meds are on 26 Feb.

Well have good weekend I suppose I will be purchasing yet more wine in the weekly shop this afternoon!! I am becoming a right wino (only kidding)!!

Speak to you all on Monday

Claire x (Oh yeah the rest of my family are Hubby Paul, Eldest Jordan 14, and Anya 12 next week - going on 21).
Hi Claire, just had reply from agent saying she is now only waiting on 2 acknowledgements prior 1/9 and there has been huge mail delivery and ours could be amongst that but we will not know till monday, how annoying is that. But hey really its positive, so fingers crossed.

My family are OH Jay 42 and Josh 18 and Matthew 9. We're heading for Perth hopfully this year.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:26 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kelsey37
Hi Claire,

Nothing for us too :curse: Feeling so fed up today, woke up with my neck really sore and stiff (on going problem) and I know the stress and tension isn't helping.
What I can't work out though is most augustees are waiting on full ack,CO or visa, and I'm still waiting on pre ack . Its been a couple of weeks since I winged to agent so think shes due another one not that she can do much

Fingers crossed Claire lets hope we hear something next week.
Sorry for having a moan.

Really hope theres more good news today for other fellow augustees, good luck everyone.

Feel free to moan. We've all done it plenty of times on here.

We went straight to full ack so I wouldn't worry to much. I know it so disappointing for you though; especially when they did say they'd have it done by the 31st Dec first, then the 15th Feb. Just remember, there doesn't seem to be too much time between full ack and case officer/visa!

Fingers crossed for next week.
Irish Gal
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Chris - wow congratulations

Kelsey - I would definietly chase up having had no pre-ack yet - I do reckon you will go straight to full ack.

Claire ((hugs)) It WILL happen soon honey - the timeline for the pre-acks was something like Christmas Eve but they were a couple of weeks behind with that so fingers crossed they are just running over with full acks now. I hate Fridays when there is no news because it seems a long time until you need to check emails again....why dont they work weekends
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by YvonnePaul
Hi,

just to update that there's nothing for us either today. I've only just started to get annoyed with the wait for full ack whereas with the pre-ack I started to get edgy, ooh, about a day after the application was sent away! So, all in all, I'm doing pretty well.

I emailed my agent for a timeline update yesterday and this is what I got back -

"]"With you doing your medicals in advance it is very hard to give a timeline. If the timeframes that we are given from DIAC are correct it will take up to another 2 months with a request for further documents and up to 3 months after that with a decision as the LCU is experiencing delays. With the medicals being submitted in advance I have no timeline to work against."[/COLOR]

I'm hoping that this is crap but it's coming from our agent - surely though if there's people getting visas already we won't have to wait another 5 months?? We were hoping to be leaving in July!

Can anyone offer any hope??

Thanks,
Yvonnex
Hi Yvonne, I can't offer much help but my reconing is same as you. I think sometimes agents have to cover their backs.

It will come, well thats what I keep telling myself and when you have your visa and I'll still be waiting and still whinging, LOL.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kelsey37
Hi Yvonne, I can't offer much help but my reconing is same as you. I think sometimes agents have to cover their backs.

It will come, well thats what I keep telling myself and when you have your visa and I'll still be waiting and still whinging, LOL.
Thanks Gonnago and Irish gal - I know you are absolutely right and you guys know eh. Spoke to agent and shes cool about it all, just the usual story of it will take DIAC time to get through the apps etc etc.

Well fingers and everything crossed for us all, roll on next week.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Kelsey,

We are hopefully headed to Perth too, but we may have a longer timeline than you lot as Jordan has medical condition with a high chance of an appeal for us yet we will just have to wait and see!! Where in Perth you headed??

Claire x
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future

Congrats on Visa...

We got our Case Officer today!!! Am in shock... sent our Police Checks straight away by e-mail and did our meds on Wednesday so hopefully just waiting now ...

Thanks

Sarah
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

layla950 will become famous soon enoughlayla950 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sarskis
Congrats on Visa...

We got our Case Officer today!!! Am in shock... sent our Police Checks straight away by e-mail and did our meds on Wednesday so hopefully just waiting now ...

Thanks

Sarah
great news Sarah. Our app went the same day as yours. Getting scared. Wont be long now.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough

Kelsey,

We are hopefully headed to Perth too, but we may have a longer timeline than you lot as Jordan has medical condition with a high chance of an appeal for us yet we will just have to wait and see!! Where in Perth you headed??

Claire x
Hi Claire

All this waiting is starting to get me down also. Our youngest has a pre existing medical condition and his consultant provided us with a report when we went to get our medicals at the end of Oct. I don't think I would mind so much with all this waiting if I knew for sure at the end of the day that we would get our visa eventually but it is the not knowing that is getting to me! I don't know if we would have any grounds for appeal. All our agent could give us was a 50/50 chance but we thought lets go for it as if we don't try we will never know so fingers crossed and good luck to you also. We are hoping to go to Perth also
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sarskis
Congrats on Visa...

Thanks

Sarah
CONGRATULATIONS Sarah, have a great weekend
Old Feb 15th 2008, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Kelsey,

Claire x
Hi Claire and Tayles, we are heading for Mandurah which is about 80k from Perth.
Where are you guys going?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.