Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Feb 27th 2013, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by vettemaster
We are really going to miss all the constantly repeated movies on Sky and paying for it

British TV?? Whats that? and Violets, I did watch "Analyze this" tonight
OMG, is that the movie with the line 'its a process' in? Tell me before I go round and round and forget to stop or whatever people say in situations like this

I don't have sky , just 'normal' tv lots of stuff repeated everywhere after an hour or so and lots of channels selling things
Old Feb 27th 2013, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
I know, haven't been unemployed for so long I cant remember
I've been unemployed for very short spells of time, like a few weeks between jobs, but nothing long term for almost 30 years, when I found it hard to find work after leaving school. Been with my current firm for nearly 9 years on a zillion different contracts. Contract finally ends on 30 April (not being renewed as there's a redundancy situation) so I will be officially unemployed!

We are really going to miss all the constantly repeated movies on Sky and paying for it

British TV?? Whats that? and Violets, I did watch "Analyze this" tonight
You can pay for crap TV in Canada too!
Old Feb 28th 2013, 9:44 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kaye5
I've been unemployed for very short spells of time, like a few weeks between jobs, but nothing long term for almost 30 years, when I found it hard to find work after leaving school. Been with my current firm for nearly 9 years on a zillion different contracts. Contract finally ends on 30 April (not being renewed as there's a redundancy situation) so I will be officially unemployed!

You can pay for crap TV in Canada too!
Yes Kaye, but its Canadian crap not british crap and I will not miss any of the damn irritating british adverts either I thought the point of adverts, was to make you want to buy there products? Not to annoy you so much that you never want to buy anything from them or use there comparison sites

Hurry up London CIC. I need a change of scenery

Last edited by vettemaster; Feb 28th 2013 at 9:48 am.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 9:49 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

OMG, is that the movie with the line 'its a process' in? Tell me before I go round and round and forget to stop or whatever people say in situations like this

I don't have sky , just 'normal' tv lots of stuff repeated everywhere after an hour or so and lots of channels selling things
Sorry Violets, it confidential
Old Feb 28th 2013, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes Kaye, but its Canadian crap not british crap and I will not miss any of the damn irritating british adverts either I thought the point of adverts, was to make you want to buy there products? Not to annoy you so much that you never want to buy anything from them or use there comparison sites

Hurry up London CIC. I need a change of scenery
Well, I suppose it will make a change!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

ECAS change of status "Decision Made".

They have also kindly withdrawn our FSW1 application for us on 26 February - saves us an email, I guess.

AND it also lists our home address as "Chester Basin, Nova Scotia, Canada"!

COPR must be on the way, surely?!!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 2:45 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Coming soon I am sure.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:12 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

They have also kindly withdrawn our FSW1 application for us on 26 February - saves us an email, I guess.

Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

family_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant future

I'd say your nearly there!!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

family_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant future

what a week its been.. I thought id update some of you who are waiting on the various quotes for far. .
We've done the same as Kaye and booked flights for 27th June (even though it says not too) were going iceland air from gatwick £1500, canadian affair £2200 air canada £3000, that was a no brainer..
we're getting quotes coming in from 5 different removal companies (Fox 4500) Pickfords (4600) i will let you know when the rest come in at.
Shipping dogs (yorkie and chihuahua) quotes from airpets, petair, animalairlines, i think we'll be going with ladyhaye (ive have good reports from others regardingthese) £835 all in, which includes flights to NS, vet checks, crates for transportation and 7 days boarding in the uk 1st.
Kaye - i know you said you have a 16yr old like us and we have a 12yr old too. Rang both their prospective schools and they are opening last two weeks of Aug for newcomers to register etc.. that may be similar in your area. we also need as school reports for the kids and exam results as they will class as credits for the 16yr olds.
busy week really, checklist done and thats it for now. Its funny we wait for nomination, then pr and when you finally get that email, ive gone into meltdown.. ive had a migraine since tuesday, lol... I have broken my grandmas heart, she cries everytime i see her, dad tells me he wont pay to travel all that way, so amongst the elation, theres also a feeling of deflation
Old Mar 1st 2013, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Yeah!!!! Congratulations Kaye, I'm sure it will be with you soon
Old Mar 1st 2013, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by family_of_4
what a week its been.. I thought id update some of you who are waiting on the various quotes for far. .
We've done the same as Kaye and booked flights for 27th June (even though it says not too) were going iceland air from gatwick £1500, canadian affair £2200 air canada £3000, that was a no brainer..
we're getting quotes coming in from 5 different removal companies (Fox 4500) Pickfords (4600) i will let you know when the rest come in at.
Shipping dogs (yorkie and chihuahua) quotes from airpets, petair, animalairlines, i think we'll be going with ladyhaye (ive have good reports from others regardingthese) £835 all in, which includes flights to NS, vet checks, crates for transportation and 7 days boarding in the uk 1st.
Kaye - i know you said you have a 16yr old like us and we have a 12yr old too. Rang both their prospective schools and they are opening last two weeks of Aug for newcomers to register etc.. that may be similar in your area. we also need as school reports for the kids and exam results as they will class as credits for the 16yr olds.
busy week really, checklist done and thats it for now. Its funny we wait for nomination, then pr and when you finally get that email, ive gone into meltdown.. ive had a migraine since tuesday, lol... I have broken my grandmas heart, she cries everytime i see her, dad tells me he wont pay to travel all that way, so amongst the elation, theres also a feeling of deflation
Wow, what a busy time you have had, sounds totally exhausting but such a lot done . I know what you mean about the mixed emotions, it's very difficult.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

it really is emotional... my sons put a big status on his facebook, hows hes going to say goodbye to his friends and try not to cry. He'll always love blackpool football club (lol) but he cant wait until his new life in canada.. quite sweet really..
Old Mar 1st 2013, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Coming soon I am sure.
Originally Posted by chiefmissile
I'd say your nearly there!!
Yeah!!!! Congratulations Kaye, I'm sure it will be with you soon
Weelllll..... got home to find Jim the Postie had left a red RD card.... Could be anything of course, but my OH is up early to do the 14 mile round trip to the PO! Watch this space.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sounds like you're at the same stage as us! All we need now is a home and a couple of jobs. Didn't know about the August school opening, although we hope we will know where we are living and can at least visit the schools before they close for summer (we fly out 13 June).

Do they mean just the ordinary school reports or something specially produced? I have no idea when standard grade results are out, but we will have to get them sent over from Scotland I guess to see what they will credit him with. We've got a 13 year old and 9 (nearly 10) year old too.

My OH sent our dog off with his potential new owners for the night. Apparently H the dog looked at him as they drove off with "those eyes". Think he was nearly in tears. OH, not the dog - actually, maybe the dog too. When he finally gets re-homed it will be hard (the dog, not OH).

Telling family - well haven't really crossed that off the list entirely yet. Brother - won't care. Mum already knows - indifferent. Sister - still cut up about ex hubby's death (and problems of intestacy), so haven't told her yet, but will probably be indifferent. Dad - short term memory loss due to several strokes and has been told twice, but has forgotten. Find he's now in hospital again so now's not the right time to remind him. He WILL care as he is unable to travel due to ill-health and we are taking his grandchildren away. Mother-in-law - given us a hard time (even though we've lived 200 miles away for 20 years).....

Oh, I know what you mean - we wait so long for the email and then BOOM - it all hits you!! I'm booking the removals next week, just so they will all stop nagging me to make a decision and I can cross another thing off the ever expanding list.

On the really good side.... only 19 days left at my job!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.