Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

My husband had to get police checks from UK, Belgium, France, Ireland and Spain. The spanish one had to be translated!!! It was great fun - not!

We're just waiting on our COPR and hoping to get it within the next few days as it seems to be taking about 3 weeks at the moment from sending copies of passports off.

@ FLMeehan, I shouldn't worry too much about when the kids start school. Whenever it is the kids will stick out because of their accents. But the Canadian kids will be very curious and yours will no doubt love the attention. Mine went back yesterday for their 2nd year and it was no different to them going back in the UK (Guess who's in my class, guess who my new maths teacher is etc...)
Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

FLMeehan is an unknown quantity at this point

With our Police checked, we had to send new certificates with our app to the cic in March, so when we had our medical request through they again asked for police certificates, so I replied saying we sent them in March do you not have them? they took a few days to reply and said we dont have the originals, so we re-applied and they took 3 weeks... maybe holiday season ect... so no really reason. Dandhill yes you are right with the kids, glad you said that.
Old Sep 7th 2012, 10:30 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

All this waiting and waiting and waiting!
Old Sep 7th 2012, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vettemaster
All this waiting and waiting and waiting!
Still no news? Grr, infuriating. Have you tried emailing them?
Old Sep 7th 2012, 6:27 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Still no news? Grr, infuriating. Have you tried emailing them?
Yes we have. They just said they will contact us when they are ready to process any further
Old Sep 7th 2012, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes we have. They just said they will contact us when they are ready to process any further
Still Grrr!!! Hopefully you will hear in the not too distant future. The excuses of summer holidays, Olympics and so on are running out so maybe you'll be at the top of the pile very soon.
Just as long as nobody brushes past the desk your file is on and sends everything flying and it goes back to the bottom when picked up! That's the sort of scenario which went through my head until we heard!

Fingers crossed you'll get more than a brief acknowledgement soon
Old Sep 7th 2012, 6:44 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Still Grrr!!! Hopefully you will hear in the not too distant future. The excuses of summer holidays, Olympics and so on are running out so maybe you'll be at the top of the pile very soon.
Just as long as nobody brushes past the desk your file is on and sends everything flying and it goes back to the bottom when picked up! That's the sort of scenario which went through my head until we heard!

Well were feeling like its really dragging on. The draft has now been cashed so that must mean were ok I suppose? I mean they would not cash it unless were ok surley?? We are both sick of our jobs and we just want to move yesterday. I thought that from this end it was supposed to be quicker?
Old Sep 7th 2012, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well were feeling like its really dragging on. The draft has now been cashed so that must mean were ok I suppose? I mean they would not cash it unless were ok surley?? We are both sick of our jobs and we just want to move yesterday. I thought that from this end it was supposed to be quicker?
We were told by the DMP that it was quicker from Canada so go figure!

Just when I was starting to think it would never happen it did. So don't give up it will happen and you'll soon be chiiling, drink in hand admiring the sunset...
Old Sep 12th 2012, 1:49 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Question Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

We may send an email tomorrow as it has been nearly 2 weeks since our draft was cashed. We have had no recent correspondence We don't know whether to expect an email or letter?

Old Sep 12th 2012, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Hello Guys,

We have finally received our medical request today. We had filed our app to CIO on 8th June, & fees was charged on 9th July. This has been very slow 2 months. Our app status on eCas still reads "Application Received". Guess the ecas is just a showcase to shoo application status enquiries away.

The med request has come in way of PDF attachments to the email. So that was new to us, considering fellow members earlier received physical snail mail letters.

Another "new" for us is - as part of med request, the Canadian High Commission has requested us to submit our.passports as well now. Is this happening on other applications as well for a while, or is it sort of first time?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Hello Guys,

We have finally received our medical request today. We had filed our app to CIO on 8th June, & fees was charged on 9th July. This has been very slow 2 months. Our app status on eCas still reads "Application Received". Guess the ecas is just a showcase to shoo application status enquiries away.

The med request has come in way of PDF attachments to the email. So that was new to us, considering fellow members earlier received physical snail mail letters.

Another "new" for us is - as part of med request, the Canadian High Commission has requested us to submit our.passports as well now. Is this happening on other applications as well for a while, or is it sort of first time?

Hey lovely_clouds, great to see things are moving!
*points to vettemaster: be patient, it took 2 months from cc charge to medicals*

Maybe they smarten up and try to be more efficient? Wouldn't it mean, that if the medical is ok, they would send you then right away your PR papers? I seem to remember of having seen one case sofar like that...don't know if it is random or by embassy or what makes the difference.

cheers Ilse
Old Sep 12th 2012, 7:53 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manitobain
Hey lovely_clouds, great to see things are moving!
*points to vettemaster: be patient, it took 2 months from cc charge to medicals*

Maybe they smarten up and try to be more efficient? Wouldn't it mean, that if the medical is ok, they would send you then right away your PR papers? I seem to remember of having seen one case sofar like that...don't know if it is random or by embassy or what makes the difference.

cheers Ilse
Hi Ilse, Nice to hear from you The only reason we are concerned is that this is the RPRF we have paid and the bank told us this was cleared on 30th August.
(London) said over 3 weeks ago they will contact us soon regarding medical decisions.

We are just worried they may have sent something via mail and we have not received it? If they send something by mail and it gets lost like it does sometimes, how will we know?

It is 7 months since we submitted our application, so our Police checks may now be expired

As this in a Provincial Nominee PR application we thought we would be at the end by now

Last edited by vettemaster; Sep 12th 2012 at 8:21 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

lovely_clouds, congratulations, so very happy for you and great to hear that things are moving. It does sound like a good idea to get passport requests at the same time.

Vettemaster, sorry to hear that you have not heard yet, Im sure its coming .

Well, I went to the DMP yesterday to check if they had received my medical results and sent them off. The Dr was not there herself however the reception people knew nothing of any tests and no record of anything there, not even my x-ray which was sent to them from the hospital. They told me the practice manager would phone me Friday (when they have had a chance to look into this). Im not worrying just yet as Im hoping the Dr herself (who is back from holidays Monday) will have the answers. However if she doesnt......gosh!!!!

Well, so it goes on............. Hopefully we will all get good news soon
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:32 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
lovely_clouds, congratulations, so very happy for you and great to hear that things are moving. It does sound like a good idea to get passport requests at the same time.

Vettemaster, sorry to hear that you have not heard yet, Im sure its coming .

Well, I went to the DMP yesterday to check if they had received my medical results and sent them off. The Dr was not there herself however the reception people knew nothing of any tests and no record of anything there, not even my x-ray which was sent to them from the hospital. They told me the practice manager would phone me Friday (when they have had a chance to look into this). Im not worrying just yet as Im hoping the Dr herself (who is back from holidays Monday) will have the answers. However if she doesnt......gosh!!!!

Well, so it goes on............. Hopefully we will all get good news soon
Hi Leslie, I thought this was all sorted with the X-Rays

I hope you hear something from the DMP and it is all good news
I bet you still get PR before us
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi Leslie, I thought this was all sorted with the X-Rays

I hope you hear something from the DMP and it is all good news
I bet you still get PR before us
Thanks Andy, I beginning to think the stars are conspiring in some way . My second x-ray was done and the results go to the DMP to send to the embassy however the Dr surgery/DMP office know nothing about the second results. Also the sputum results go there to be sent off.....they know nothing about them!!! So a little disheartening however Im hoping the DMP when shes back can shed some light on it. . Im not going to panic until Monday.

I think at this stage that our PR should come on the same day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.