Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Or even a response, Kaye
I thought they always responded to you, and it was just us they ignored?!

You never know, that all elusive email might already be in the pipeline.

Had to mug Jim the Postie again today - important delivery of my daughter's fancy dress for World Book Day. "You think it's all over....." ha ha! He said "I hear you're emigrating to Canada" [good].

Busy trying to get removal quotes down a little - shipping is bad enough, then when you add in the insurance...!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:54 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kaye5

Had to mug Jim the Postie again today - important delivery of my daughter's fancy dress for World Book Day. "You think it's all over....." ha ha! He said "I hear you're emigrating to Canada" [good].

Busy trying to get removal quotes down a little - shipping is bad enough, then when you add in the insurance...!
Hi Kaye, Had a nice chat to a friend in Manitoba last night. His advice (Try not to email CIC too much as it pee's them off!) What about us being pee'd off for not hearing anything

It was so funny as they were just sitting down for tea, and we were heading off to bed (12am UK)

On the postie side of things, all we keep getting is his "
junk" through the door!! ( That sounds very funny under the comical American meaning )

Its nice that the postie is going to miss you or even miss you diving into him or sticking out of him!?

I find it worse when the insurance of your goods you are trying to ship is more than your goods are worth

Kaye, where is Violets (leslie) hiding lately

Last edited by vettemaster; Mar 4th 2013 at 11:10 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:50 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Kaye, we have moved back and forward a couple of times (Middle East) all our items were in a container, nothing broken or damaged. We did not pay for any insurance, its up to you but unless the container falls overboard en-route (Very Unlikely) then your items will be fine. If you want to you can just insure any expensive items and not the whole load.

We had Whites round on Friday, they have quoted 20ft container to Brandon MB pack and unpack £5050, apparently its the hauling from Ontario to MB that adds the cost on. One more company to go.

Regards

Andrew
Old Mar 5th 2013, 12:13 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Kaye, we have moved back and forward a couple of times (Middle East) all our items were in a container, nothing broken or damaged. We did not pay for any insurance, its up to you but unless the container falls overboard en-route (Very Unlikely) then your items will be fine. If you want to you can just insure any expensive items and not the whole load.

We had Whites round on Friday, they have quoted 20ft container to Brandon MB pack and unpack £5050, apparently its the hauling from Ontario to MB that adds the cost on. One more company to go.

Regards

Andrew
Thanks for sharing your experience Andrew. It will help with our decision making. We would have gone with the insured option as we would not have known any different, but now we do
Old Mar 5th 2013, 12:16 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Andrew, how are you getting on with a proposed moving date? or have you changed your mind and are staying here until you get PR?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Don't go on the "shipping" thread - it's full of horror stories of things that happened and insurance claims being made! I'm not too bothered about breakages, more things like water ingress. And I'm born to think the worst - wouldn't sleep if I didn't have some sort of insurance.

Having said that, I doubt I will be paying the one quoted at 3.5% of replacement valuation. Letton Percival are 1.4% (although £250 excess).
Old Mar 5th 2013, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

We had Whites round on Friday, they have quoted 20ft container to Brandon MB pack and unpack £5050, apparently its the hauling from Ontario to MB that adds the cost on.
Our quotes are around £4250 - and that's straight into Halifax, so yours doesn't sound that bad, going to Manitoba.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 2:15 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Andrew, how are you getting on with a proposed moving date? or have you changed your mind and are staying here until you get PR?
Mate we are going on 7th Aug PR or not, flight booked, 13:50 out of Manchester, overnight in Toronto, then onto Winnipeg in the morning. If we don't have our PR, we are not bothered, mind you would like it by Xmas time.

Regards

Andrew
Old Mar 5th 2013, 2:16 am
Andrew

Our quotes are around £4250 - and that's straight into Halifax, so yours doesn't sound that bad, going to Manitoba.
Yes think we have a good quote, we are going to store our stuff in the UK until we have our PR, £120 per month, first month free.

Regards

Andrew
Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

family_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant future

Kaye - we've just started with the shipping companies, who has your best quote come in with so far??
we are uk to halifax also Fox have quoted £4500 and moving partnership £4468 they are online quotes (fox are now doing a home visit). Apparently theres been a price increase on 1st March. I'm only home early on Monday afternoons so over the 3 weeks we have whites, gb liners, pickfords and whittles coming.. Ive been impressed with customer service at foxes and moving partnership.
I had a quote for insurance from A Letton Percival & Co Ltd it is £222 for £15000 of goods, we dont have any antiques etc..
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:06 am
Andrew

Have you been watching "Meet the Hutterites" there are lots of colonys around the Brandon area, they are actually nice people and will do anything for you. They do a good Hog roast, my dad got them to spit roast a hog for his 60th Bday party mmmmmmmm nice

Regards

Andrew
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Mate we are going on 7th Aug PR or not, flight booked, 13:50 out of Manchester, overnight in Toronto, then onto Winnipeg in the morning. If we don't have our PR, we are not bothered, mind you would like it by Xmas time.

Regards

Andrew

Yes think we have a good quote, we are going to store our stuff in the UK until we have our PR, £120 per month, first month free.

Regards

Andrew
Good idea - I'd be too worried I'd be tempting fate! (Born worrier )
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by family_of_4
Kaye - we've just started with the shipping companies, who has your best quote come in with so far??
we are uk to halifax also Fox have quoted £4500 and moving partnership £4468 they are online quotes (fox are now doing a home visit). Apparently theres been a price increase on 1st March. I'm only home early on Monday afternoons so over the 3 weeks we have whites, gb liners, pickfords and whittles coming.. Ive been impressed with customer service at foxes and moving partnership.
I had a quote for insurance from A Letton Percival & Co Ltd it is £222 for £15000 of goods, we dont have any antiques etc..
Just waiting on revised quotes (post 1 March).

Fox were the highest of our original quotes. I haven't gone back to them as the other 3 were cheaper by several £100 and it all counts for us at the moment. Waiting on revised quotes from PSS, GB Liners and Moving Partnership. If they are all in the same region it will probably go on gut feeling / names in a hat.

Bear in mind for insurance that the cover is new for old, so you need to calculate the value as the replacement cost in Canada of all your goods rather than what they are worth second hand. I'm at about £7k just for our sofas and beds. We have some original paintings that we should get valued, a magazine collection worth about £1k and antique china worth about £1k, so it's all adding up. Then a large book collection, games consoles and games, DVD collections, etc etc. Thankfully most of the rest is IKEA cheap stuff which is cheap to replace.

I think we will carry our laptops as hand luggage!
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

family_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant future

Insurance wise we downsized when we sold our house last year and threw a lot out, including 1000s books etc since i now use the kindle. laptops and my sons ps3 are going in hand luggage. No electicals are going bar a couple of bits. The most expensive items are beds/sofa. I will do a better itemised list for insurance before we commit.
When it comes to the shipping i have to say price will win overall, afterall we need every penny we can. My aim is £4500 max for shipping and insurance.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:00 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Regards

Andrew
Hi Andrew, we would like to be in the same boat as you with regards to being in Manitoba by Christmas 2013. Hog roast sounds good.

We've actually emailed CIC to see if they can give us any info on how much more of a delay there will be on our application. We don't want it clashing with the new May 2013 FSW intake

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.