Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Feb 25th 2013, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Violets, If your happy with my conversion of your multiquoted post, then I believe you owe me a pint as soon as we meet up in Manitoba
Perfect no problem at all, I will get you two, more than that would be dangerous as Im sure you would be driving
Old Feb 25th 2013, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by HoneyB
Just to let those interested know, our PPR (via email) came through this morning. Wanted to share with all of you who are waiting so you know that there is movement from CIC London. Our medicals were in August with further meds submitted end Nov. I'll create a signature with timeline at some point. Thanks to Violets and Kay5 for your kind words. Good luck to those waiting.
Yeah!!!!! great news, many congratulations . Will you travel to London to drop off/pick up or just send through the post? Hopefully you will get the paperwork soon and be on your way . When are you planning on flying out?
Old Feb 25th 2013, 1:29 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Perfect no problem at all, I will get you two, more than that would be dangerous as Im sure you would be driving
I am on to a good thing! Chiefmissile is going to buy me a few pints too! So he told me on facebook the other day How will I cope Taxi!!!
Old Feb 25th 2013, 1:33 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

I am on to a good thing! Chiefmissile is going to buy me a few pints too! So he told me on facebook the other day How will I cope Taxi!!!
Old Feb 25th 2013, 1:37 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Just to let those interested know, our PPR (via email) came through this morning. Wanted to share with all of you who are waiting so you know that there is movement from CIC London. Our medicals were in August with further meds submitted end Nov. I'll create a signature with timeline at some point. Thanks to Violets and Kay5 for your kind words. Good luck to those waiting.
Hi HoneyB,

Congratulations on your PPR, I take it you have had a few delays? Are you a PNP applicant? We are waiting for MR, think we might have a couple more months of waiting.........we hope

Would be good to see your timeline.

Regards

Andrew
Old Feb 25th 2013, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

You're doomed mate, doomed I tell you . And none of us have anywhere to live , so can't even offer you a room for the night . Taxi!! Hotel!! Tent!! Ohhh theres always the RV (havent bought it yet though ). Hummm, thats me out of ideas
Old Feb 25th 2013, 3:30 pm
PR since Aug 2013

HoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Violets! - We both work in London so will probably just get hubby to drop it off. Funny story - I was wedding dress shopping with my brother's finance on Saturday just off Duke Street and wandered unknowingly across Grosvenor Square. Looked up and saw a huge Canada flag and realised I was in front of the High Commission. PPR came today so hubby is teasing me that the only reason they gave it to us is because they thought I was stalking them! I wasn't at all - I avoided ECAS and ignored the whole thing until recently when I checked ECAS for the first time... and it didn't recognise my UCI. Bit worrying but after a couple of PMs to a few kind folks I went back to ignoring it again.

Looks like we're only valid until 10 Sept so will be landing before then. In terms of timing, we didn't see the point in planning anything definite until we had more of an idea on CIC's timescales. Now that we know we shall get straight on it!

Chiefmissile - Thanks. We're AINP Family Stream applicants. It's been 3 years and 2 days since we first applied. Timeline below.

Last edited by HoneyB; Feb 25th 2013 at 4:12 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Violets! - We both work in London so will probably just get hubby to drop it off. Funny story - I was wedding dress shopping with my brother's finance on Saturday just off Duke Street and wandered unknowingly across Grosvenor Square. Looked up and saw a huge Canada flag and realised I was in front of the High Commission. PPR came today so hubby is teasing me that the only reason they gave it to us is because they thought I was stalking them! I wasn't at all - I avoided ECAS and ignored the whole thing until recently when I checked ECAS for the first time... and it didn't recognise my UCI. Bit worrying but after a couple of PMs to a few kind folks I went back to ignoring it again.

Looks like we're only valid until 10 Sept so will be landing before then. In terms of timing, we didn't see the point in planning anything definite until we had more of an idea on CIC's timescales. Now that we know we shall get straight on it!

Chiefmissile - Thanks. We're AINP Family Stream applicants. It's been 3 years and 2 days since we first applied. Timeline below.
So what you are saying is, those dark clothes you were in, the big rope wrapped around your shoulder and the spyglass you had were all coincidence and just a fashion statement you happened to be making on Saturday? Sure, we believe you . Funny thing is that we also thought we were in the wrong location when we were dropping off and happened to see the big Canada flags which was a relief.

I know what you mean about not planning anything definite but its really nice that you have time to plan and sort things before you go. I hope things go well from here on, it sounds like you have waited such a long time for this
Old Feb 25th 2013, 4:52 pm
PR since Aug 2013

HoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to beholdHoneyB is a splendid one to behold

Spy for the day. What fun! Should have done it.

Also, I'm glad nothing further on the TB front which was the reason for the further testing request. I know others have had to check in at a Canadian clinic after moving.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spy for the day. What fun! Should have done it.

Also, I'm glad nothing further on the TB front which was the reason for the further testing request. I know others have had to check in at a Canadian clinic after moving.
Ahhhh, I don't mean to be unkind or anything, but you will not know about the further TB checks in Canada until you receive your COPR and it will state on there if anything is needed or not, sorry. I'm sure you wont need anything further at all. We found this out following us receiving PPR also and had to wait to be sure nothing was needed.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 5:24 pm
PR since Aug 2013

Good to know. Thanks. Basil Mansions (where we did the Medicals) have indicated that there's no sign of TB live or dormant so fingers crossed that the CIC Doctors agree.

I'm travelling quite a bit with work in the coming weeks so it's a good thing it's just passport copies they need. Will keep my timeline updated.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Wow! A zillion messages since I went out.

No way will I attempt multi-quote of that enormity, especially with my comedy typos earlier in the day.

So...

1. HoneyB - congratulations on the PPR after so long! Great that you can drop off and pick up. Much less stressful than stalking the postie.

2. Violets - oh, your post did make me laugh! "I know!". Must try that in Sybil Fawlty style on the phone to her pal Audrey. "Ooh, I know!"

Glad to hear you didn't get TB follow up in Canada. HoneyB - seems it makes no difference if TB was found or not, I think they just check some people in Canada anyway - but it isn't a big deal, I've heard. We are also TB-testers (negative). Will let you know if we get the follow up call or not, once we get COPR.

As for everyone else, I think I lost the plot about 2 pages ago!!

Back to waiting (which I'm good at).
Old Feb 26th 2013, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

GazGsm1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Wow! A zillion messages since I went out.

No way will I attempt multi-quote of that enormity, especially with my comedy typos earlier in the day.

So...

1. HoneyB - congratulations on the PPR after so long! Great that you can drop off and pick up. Much less stressful than stalking the postie.

2. Violets - oh, your post did make me laugh! "I know!". Must try that in Sybil Fawlty style on the phone to her pal Audrey. "Ooh, I know!"

Glad to hear you didn't get TB follow up in Canada. HoneyB - seems it makes no difference if TB was found or not, I think they just check some people in Canada anyway - but it isn't a big deal, I've heard. We are also TB-testers (negative). Will let you know if we get the follow up call or not, once we get COPR.

As for everyone else, I think I lost the plot about 2 pages ago!!

Back to waiting (which I'm good at).
Hi Kaye,

It can't be far away now from popping through your letterbox.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GazGsm1
Hi Kaye,

It can't be far away now from popping through your letterbox.
Nothing today.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

GazGsm1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Nothing today.
They do say it normally takes between 3-4 weeks. I received mine relatively quickly.

It won't be long now until you're on here with big smiles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.