Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Feb 26th 2013, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by GazGsm1
They do say it normally takes between 3-4 weeks. I received mine relatively quickly.

It won't be long now until you're on here with big smiles
Yeah, I'm being a bit unreasonable expecting it here in two weeks, but always living in hope that something might actually happen quickly.

Looking at shipping, insurance quotes, plummeting exchange rates, the housing market is sufficient to prevent big smiles.

Can't believe after all this, I am actually having serious doubts.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

GazGsm1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Yeah, I'm being a bit unreasonable expecting it here in two weeks, but always living in hope that something might actually happen quickly.

Looking at shipping, insurance quotes, plummeting exchange rates, the housing market is sufficient to prevent big smiles.

Can't believe after all this, I am actually having serious doubts.
I am fortunate, in that I am single and only need to ship excess clothes, which Fedex for someone similar can take care of. I am also staying with relatives for the foreseeable future when I arrive in Peg.

The down grading of the UK currency does have me concerned also.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

family_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant future

Passport requests received today, so excited.
Now we have those, is that it officially can we start booking flights for june??
Old Feb 26th 2013, 5:51 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by family_of_4
Now we have those, is that it officially can we start booking flights for june??
A very super speedy timeline 5 months from application received to passport requests?

Last edited by vettemaster; Feb 26th 2013 at 5:56 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

family_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant future

I know, the delays always seem to be when additional medical info is requested. I think as a family we are extremely unlucky and this is the 1st time anything has ever run smoothly for us....
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:29 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

I know, the delays always seem to be when additional medical info is requested. I think as a family we are extremely unlucky and this is the 1st time anything has ever run smoothly for us....
Congrats to you and I hope you get your Confirmation of Permanent Residence soon
Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:15 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Mate that's great news and record time, lets hope we and others are not too far behind you (Providing medicals and other checks are ok).
Did you have a job offer that was submitted with your application or is it just that your application went smoothly?

Got to feel for Kaye and Vettemaster, I hope they are next for posting some good news

Regards

Andrew
Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

no job offer, it just seemed to flow smoothly with no additional info needed along the way.
I have fingers crossed everyone will be hearing good news soon..
Its weird really its the most exciting time of our life, yet its the news our family has been dreading. They are trying to sound happy when you know they are not!!
Old Feb 26th 2013, 7:31 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

no job offer, it just seemed to flow smoothly with no additional info needed along the way.
I have fingers crossed everyone will be hearing good news soon..
Its weird really its the most exciting time of our life, yet its the news our family has been dreading. They are trying to sound happy when you know they are not!!
Its going to be the opposite for us, we are joining the rest of our family who have been there 22 years, but I know what you mean, your leaving day will be emotional. Good luck

Regards

Andrew
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

thanks andrew
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GazGsm1
I am fortunate, in that I am single and only need to ship excess clothes, which Fedex for someone similar can take care of. I am also staying with relatives for the foreseeable future when I arrive in Peg.

The down grading of the UK currency does have me concerned also.
Our problem is tied up assets - untie the assets and everything is rosy. Trouble is that seems like an impossible task right now!

Wow! That is quick - congratulations! Well, we booked flights for June on PPR (even though it says not to). Don't see why not, especially if you can do drop off / pick up for COPR.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chiefmissile

Got to feel for Kaye and Vettemaster, I hope they are next for posting some good news
Aw, thanks!

To be fair, we are much better off than Vettemaster in terms of getting through this process, so I hope for his good news before mine.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Kaye, Were in blackpool so london is a long expensive trip when were trying to save every penny. we need more photos on sat and post office it is. Whats the difference in timeline from actually dropping off in london to posting via mail?? My eldest son is doing his GCSEs so we cant go until the end of June.

Last edited by family_of_4; Feb 26th 2013 at 8:45 pm. Reason: extra added to message
Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Kaye, Were in blackpool so london is a long expensive trip when were trying to save every penny. we need more photos on sat and post office it is. Whats the difference in timeline from actually dropping off in london to posting via mail?? My eldest son is doing his GCSEs so we cant go until the end of June.
Gaz got his in two weeks by post, but the usual time appears to be three to four weeks and you can't chase them until six weeks.

Going by forum reports, COPR seems to be fairly reliable, although we have had one letter sent to the wrong postal address (they didn't update it properly) and our PPR email sent to the wrong email address (they didn't input it correctly) so we are still slightly worried!!

London is two week turnaround but as you say, involves two journeys unless you can get someone to do it for you, and it is only on Thursdays so that adds to the "real" timescale.

We are also waiting for our eldest son to finish his Standard exams.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

post it definately is, like i say were tied until June..
we all have two pictures left that we had done at max speilmans when we sent the origional off in october but i havent go a clue if their on matte paper, so we will trudge down with them on saturday and ask, lol... Ive searched the whole house tonight and we have millions of ball point pens and nothing else, lol
Im debating booking flights for June to... Icelandair seems like a cheapest option, who are you flying with?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.