Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Jul 13th 2012, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
All the best Arty
Hi Lovely-clouds.
Thanks
Old Jul 13th 2012, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Thats great news!!!
Fingers crossed.
Cheers Tony-Tiger.

Hope I get word soon,stomach still churning
Arty & Family
Old Jul 13th 2012, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Thanks for sharing that info with us Violets. Funny that you had problems with Halifax? We had trouble with Lloyds and they are now the same bank
We have to wait until Wednesday now and collect from our branch. They would not send it to our address. They said it is like a guaranteed cheque and they would not post it??
We have lost over a week now as they messed up the draft we asked for last week.
It is a little funny because my bank draft is a Lloyds draft!! How weird . You know, when I phoned the number that was on the paperwork (receipt) they were totally fine and it took no time to find out if it had been cashed, it was just the counter service - they really could not get their heads around it and it was so far the most difficult part of this whole process for sure, how crazy . Hope they don't mess up this time, just make sure there are Canadian bank details on the draft when you pick it up - should be as ours had . Good luck again
Old Jul 13th 2012, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Arty
Hi All,
just looked over our status with relation to our PNP application,below is our reply.
We received your application for permanent residence on February 24, 2012.

We started processing your application on April 23, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. ,

I feel as if this is going to look bad for us as I believed we would have got an email stating that we has passed.Well will wait with bated breath for their final decision,can anyone comment on this .
Cheers
Arty & Family
Arty, wow, congratulations and very best of luck - Im sure it will be great news . Good luck
Old Jul 13th 2012, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Arty, wow, congratulations and very best of luck - Im sure it will be great news . Good luck
Hi Violets are blue,
I hope so and the best of luck too you and everyone else on this emotional merry go round

Arty & Family
Old Jul 14th 2012, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Hi Meehan,
Sorry for the delayed response. I was on a training course ALLL day...

On the CIC forms to Sydney you should have your UK address on them. So the address that shows up on ECAS should be your UK address. But if you used your lawyer then that address will be used.
Write to the Canadian embassy ASAP(or send a email) with your file reference number and inform them of the address change. Update them of your UK address and your Aunts Address (your sponsor). Your medical will come through the post (UK address). COPR passport copy request and photographs request will come through email.
Hi Tony,

You mean that once UCI# & file number is received via email :
1) we shall next expect a med req via post mail (hopefully with RPRF request & the orientation program)
2) Next the Passport request via email.

So when does the email "decision has been taken" come? Is this before the passport or after the passport request? I am referring to the email as mentioned by Arty in this post -

Originally Posted by Arty
Hi All,
just looked over our status with relation to our PNP application,below is our reply.
We received your application for permanent residence on February 24, 2012.

We started processing your application on April 23, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. ,

I feel as if this is going to look bad for us as I believed we would have got an email stating that we has passed.Well will wait with bated breath for their final decision,can anyone comment on this .
Cheers
Arty & Family
Old Jul 14th 2012, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Hi Tony,

You mean that once UCI# & file number is received via email :
1) we shall next expect a med req via post mail (hopefully with RPRF request & the orientation program)
2) Next the Passport request via email.

So when does the email "decision has been taken" come? Is this before the passport or after the passport request? I am referring to the email as mentioned by Arty in this post -
Hey lovely clouds,

1 & 2. yes.
From what I could work out online. The 'decision has been made' comes when the medicals have been received and a decision has been made on the application. From what I could work out from others on the forum and what happened to myself, its a pretty much a home run.

Are you running a british application through India? or a Indian one if you don't mind me asking?
Old Jul 14th 2012, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Hey lovely clouds,

1 & 2. yes.
From what I could work out online. The 'decision has been made' comes when the medicals have been received and a decision has been made on the application. From what I could work out from others on the forum and what happened to myself, its a pretty much a home run.

Are you running a british application through India? or a Indian one if you don't mind me asking?
My application is Indian application only. I am an Indian citizen, currently residing in New Delhi.

Hmmm.. so if I understand you correctly, once the meds are received at embassy and before the passport request , this may be an automated email received by us from CIO system.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Hi lovely clouds,

I have family in Delhi..

On the ECAS website there is another section that explains each stage (i.e medical request sent/ application in process etc).

I just checked the processing times for New Delhi and it says 10months. I don't think you would have that long to go.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

FLMeehan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Meehan,
Sorry for the delayed response. I was on a training course ALLL day...

On the CIC forms to Sydney you should have your UK address on them. So the address that shows up on ECAS should be your UK address. But if you used your lawyer then that address will be used.
Write to the Canadian embassy ASAP(or send a email) with your file reference number and inform them of the address change. Update them of your UK address and your Aunts Address (your sponsor). Your medical will come through the post (UK address). COPR passport copy request and photographs request will come through email.
Thanks Tony, I have sent them an email, when I checked Ecas today, It says In Process 11th July!. How do I add my timeline on the bottom so others can see?
Old Jul 14th 2012, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FLMeehan
Thanks Tony, I have sent them an email, when I checked Ecas today, It says In Process 11th July!. How do I add my timeline on the bottom so others can see?
Hey Meehan,

Congrats. Good to hear your in process.

To add a timeline to your signature. Select 'My Profile' on the top left.

Select 'Edit Signature' on the left.

A box will show up where you can type your time line.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 6:44 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Hi Violets, I spoke to the bank Friday and they said the only details that will be on the Bankers Draft is who they will pay the draft to ie: "Receiver General for Canada" No account details other than mine? Please tell me this is ok? They are saying it is just like a guaranteed cheque?
It is a little funny because my bank draft is a Lloyds draft!! How weird . You know, when I phoned the number that was on the paperwork (receipt) they were totally fine and it took no time to find out if it had been cashed, it was just the counter service - they really could not get their heads around it and it was so far the most difficult part of this whole process for sure, how crazy . Hope they don't mess up this time, just make sure there are Canadian bank details on the draft when you pick it up - should be as ours had . Good luck again
Old Jul 14th 2012, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Violets, I spoke to the bank Friday and they said the only details that will be on the Bankers Draft is who they will pay the draft to ie: "Receiver General for Canada" No account details other than mine? Please tell me this is ok? They are saying it is just like a guaranteed cheque?
Wow, this is a little weird, hang on I have a copy of the bank draft...I have and and sending you a pm if thats okay?
Old Jul 14th 2012, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vettemaster, that last message did not make much sense , sorry. Have a copy of my bank draft and sent you PM with phone number for international help desk at the bank. I am assuming it might be the same as yours hopefully .
This is seriously the most frustrating part of this whole process and I really dont understand why banks know nothing about bank drafts and why they make such a mountain out of it. I would get on to your bank again for sure on Monday morning and get them to phone through or phone yourself, just to make sure you are getting correct thing back as the receiver bank details are required on there (which will be there automatically but I was also told that nothing would be until the manager got involved). It will work out but it will cause you such frustration until you get it though because you get so many different messages from the different people at the counter in the bank - its really not nice
Old Jul 14th 2012, 9:53 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Vettemaster, that last message did not make much sense , sorry. Have a copy of my bank draft and sent you PM with phone number for international help desk at the bank. I am assuming it might be the same as yours hopefully .
This is seriously the most frustrating part of this whole process and I really dont understand why banks know nothing about bank drafts and why they make such a mountain out of it. I would get on to your bank again for sure on Monday morning and get them to phone through or phone yourself, just to make sure you are getting correct thing back as the receiver bank details are required on there (which will be there automatically but I was also told that nothing would be until the manager got involved). It will work out but it will cause you such frustration until you get it though because you get so many different messages from the different people at the counter in the bank - its really not nice
Hi Violets, I got your pm. Thanks for your help

Andy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.