Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Jul 12th 2012, 5:13 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Tony_Tiger, would you mind putting what you find out on here please (if its not too much hassle) as I have some stuff like that also and just wanting to know similar information. Im thinking of taking most of it on the plane as extra and the only heavy stuff we are intending to take is a bike and sad as it sounds my pilates machine (about 35kg) so just beginning to think about what to send and take also. Hope you enjoy whatever it is you are doing at the Olympics .
Hi Violets, we found a company that will ship boxed items over and the rates were good. I will try to look at my emails and find out who they are. Here is one company we have looked at http://www.shipit.co.uk/ They do box moves, suitcase or larger etc

Last edited by vettemaster; Jul 12th 2012 at 5:48 am.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Violets, we found a company that will ship boxed items over and the rates were good. I will try to look at my emails and find out who they are. Here is one company we have looked at http://www.shipit.co.uk/ They do box moves, suitcase or larger etc
Thanks so much Vettemaster, I will have a look and ask for a quote . Good news (I think), I checked with my bank today and my bank draft was cashed on 29th June for the right of residence fee - yeah I hope . So it took a good month for them to get it and cash it (i would have to check the dates to be sure - but a month or just over). Good to know all of those documents are received at least and that there is some movement in the background . Thanks again
Old Jul 12th 2012, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Tony_Tiger, would you mind putting what you find out on here please (if its not too much hassle) as I have some stuff like that also and just wanting to know similar information. Im thinking of taking most of it on the plane as extra and the only heavy stuff we are intending to take is a bike and sad as it sounds my pilates machine (about 35kg) so just beginning to think about what to send and take also. Hope you enjoy whatever it is you are doing at the Olympics .
No problemo. I'l post as I find stuff. I really should start packing/planning but the training for this job has taken life over a bit.

There are a few things im not going to bother to take with me for the sheer sake of transport costs. i.e bike(racer), car tools, expensive desk/ computer stand. Im just going to sell them.

Thats a good link Vettemaster, will look into it.

Thank you Jay.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
No problemo. I'l post as I find stuff. I really should start packing/planning but the training for this job has taken life over a bit.

There are a few things im not going to bother to take with me for the sheer sake of transport costs. i.e bike(racer), car tools, expensive desk/ computer stand. Im just going to sell them.

Thats a good link Vettemaster, will look into it.

Thank you Jay.
Thanks for that Tony_Tiger, just chill and enjoy the job and the games and then all systems go!!!
Old Jul 12th 2012, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

FLMeehan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I have been keeping an eye on the post for some time, congrats to Tony_tiger. I am currently on the long non stopping treadmill for PR with my husband and 2 children. My aunt in Edmonton sponsored us and we applied to AINP May 09. Dec 11 we were nominated by Alberta (became Provincial Nominees PNP), sent our forms to CIC Feb 2012, 28th April 12 we received an email saying our application is complete and it will be sent to our Visa office, we live in the uK so this must be London. to this date our file does not show on ECAS. Like all of you it does get very frustrating waiting, I check ECAS everyday, for the last 2 wks hoping it will show something. I think like some have said it seems to have slowed down a little, Although on the London Canadian Embassy Website it stated 6months for Provincial Nominees. I will keep you posted. Our aim is to be completed and able to Move this time next year, so our children can start the new school term in Sept. We are looking at moving to Cochrane Calgary.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 9:04 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Hi Violets, no problem. Just one question, when you did your bank draft, did you have any problems with your bank? Our bank messed up our first bank draft. The second one I did today. I think I got it right? We had to fill out a draft form again. We made it out to what the letter described, although there was nothing on the form to add any receivers bank details. I take we write these on the draft when we have received it?

Andy
Thanks so much Vettemaster, I will have a look and ask for a quote . Good news (I think), I checked with my bank today and my bank draft was cashed on 29th June for the right of residence fee - yeah I hope . So it took a good month for them to get it and cash it (i would have to check the dates to be sure - but a month or just over). Good to know all of those documents are received at least and that there is some movement in the background . Thanks again
Old Jul 12th 2012, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FLMeehan
Hi All,

I have been keeping an eye on the post for some time, congrats to Tony_tiger. I am currently on the long non stopping treadmill for PR with my husband and 2 children. My aunt in Edmonton sponsored us and we applied to AINP May 09. Dec 11 we were nominated by Alberta (became Provincial Nominees PNP), sent our forms to CIC Feb 2012, 28th April 12 we received an email saying our application is complete and it will be sent to our Visa office, we live in the uK so this must be London. to this date our file does not show on ECAS. Like all of you it does get very frustrating waiting, I check ECAS everyday, for the last 2 wks hoping it will show something. I think like some have said it seems to have slowed down a little, Although on the London Canadian Embassy Website it stated 6months for Provincial Nominees. I will keep you posted. Our aim is to be completed and able to Move this time next year, so our children can start the new school term in Sept. We are looking at moving to Cochrane Calgary.
Hi Meehan (thank you!) and welcome to the forum.

I checked your timeline and its very similar to mine. I applied in 2008 under the family stream but it was rejected in 2009 as some documents were not valid on my sisters side. We applied again in May 2009, got asked additional documents in 2010. Like yourself I received my PNP certificate in late November/early December. I sent my forms to CIC in Feb too. I received email in March that my application was received etc.
I am surprised your file is not showing on ECAS. It was pretty up to date and accurate with mine. On your email from Sydney CIC... there are two numbers. UCI number and Application EP number. You can use one of either to check. You enter this on the ECAS website, but you have to 'select' which identifier it is(i.e UCI or EP number). Have your tried both numbers?
Old Jul 12th 2012, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

hi tony

travelling light is good. In fact, before immigration we plan to sell off our stuff, & buy afresh in Canada.

We checked out the rates for extra boxes from India. 25 Kg Extra bag on flight costs about $30, while same thing on FedEx is about $200.... Waayyyy offf.
We'r gonna go with in-flight to the max as allowed in range of $30.
From UK, the link shared by vettemaster might come handy.

And enjoy your oly job. Am sure you will enjoy it all in the end. Do share some london oly pics if you can. Got some good memories with that city.

Thanks Lovey Clouds.. Packup time..? oh yeah...
Its still sinking in. Its a weird feeling indeed.

I just started training for a new job, its only for the summer (olympics). Pay is basic but I thought it would be a good way to get some cash together before I go.
I was thinking around September time.

Im not immigrating with much. Two suitcases, one indian style heavy cotton blanket/duvet and two small boxes of books and CD's. Thats it, I don't have very much.
Im trying to work out the best way of shipping. Should I take them(boxes) with me on the flight and pay extra for baggage. It seems expensive on Air/transat. Or do Airfreight? Oneway tickets on main airlines are too expensive. I don't suppose I could throw in a couple of items in someone else's shipping container..?

Vettmaster, No wagamama substitute im afraid. Ive looked everywhere (hell I might just buy the recipe book they sell in the restaurants). But I found a couple of very yummy Asian restarurants in Calgary when I was there.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
hi tony

travelling light is good. In fact, before immigration we plan to sell off our stuff, & buy afresh in Canada.

We checked out the rates for extra boxes from India. 25 Kg Extra bag on flight costs about $30, while same thing on FedEx is about $200.... Waayyyy offf.
We'r gonna go with in-flight to the max as allowed in range of $30.
From UK, the link shared by vettemaster might come handy.

And enjoy your oly job. Am sure you will enjoy it all in the end. Do share some london oly pics if you can. Got some good memories with that city.
Hey!

May I ask who your flights are with? I know extra baggage on BA was not really that much only £50/75. I remember I was taking a giant fitness mat to Calgary (you cannot find those blue style exercise matts made the same way anywhere in north America!). I asked if I can take it, they did not even charge me they just looked at me and said no big deal. But single flights on major carriers are expensive. Chartered flights do singles but extra baggage policy is expensive.
I'l try and take some pics!
Old Jul 12th 2012, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Got our UCI# today

Guys a quick que - from your posts so far...I understand that RPRF fee is payable alongside the meds.

A) Does it have to be in form of a bank demand draft made out in Canadian Dollar only?

B) Where does it need to be submitted? Local embassy? We do have VFS offices here who handle lot of paperwork for the visa etc processes on behalf of CHC. But CHC also takes interviews etc. So, per your experiencewill we have to submit this fee at VFS office or CHC directly?

C).Also... I might be missing something. Ithink this RPRF is 450$ peradult applicant inthe application ... That means 2 for us (me & my hubby)... Making it C$900. Right?
Old Jul 12th 2012, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey!

May I ask who your flights are with? I know extra baggage on BA was not really that much only £50/75. I remember I was taking a giant fitness mat to Calgary (you cannot find those blue style exercise matts made the same way anywhere in north America!). I asked if I can take it, they did not even charge me they just looked at me and said no big deal. But single flights on major carriers are expensive. Chartered flights do singles but extra baggage policy is expensive.
I'l try and take some pics!
Thank you for the pics.

Flights were Air India from Delhi to Toronto & Air Canada onward from Toronto to Winnipeg. I will also check later forJet Airways-WestJet combo.
Also, the flight ticket has 2 baggage per person allowance included.

50GBP is like 70-75$... Gee that's a lot than the quote I got for above airline combo.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Thank you for the pics.

Flights were Air India from Delhi to Toronto & Air Canada onward from Toronto to Winnipeg. I will also check later forJet Airways-WestJet combo.
Also, the flight ticket has 2 baggage per person allowance included.

50GBP is like 70-75$... Gee that's a lot than the quote I got for above airline combo.
Im assuming its so high because the airport taxes are very very high here in the UK in comparison on anywhere else.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi Meehan (thank you!) and welcome to the forum.

I checked your timeline and its very similar to mine. I applied in 2008 under the family stream but it was rejected in 2009 as some documents were not valid on my sisters side. We applied again in May 2009, got asked additional documents in 2010. Like yourself I received my PNP certificate in late November/early December. I sent my forms to CIC in Feb too. I received email in March that my application was received etc.
I am surprised your file is not showing on ECAS. It was pretty up to date and accurate with mine. On your email from Sydney CIC... there are two numbers. UCI number and Application EP number. You can use one of either to check. You enter this on the ECAS website, but you have to 'select' which identifier it is(i.e UCI or EP number). Have your tried both numbers?
Hi Yes I have tried both Numbers, and selected the correct UCI or EP bit, The next bit your name I have put just my surname and my full name, caps, non-caps? am I doing this bit correct? it's my name and details that are on the letter from CIC. then my dob and united kingdom. Just comes up unable to identify me (thanks for your reply)
Old Jul 12th 2012, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Im assuming its so high because the airport taxes are very very high here in the UK in comparison on anywhere else.
Forgot to add we have used Canadian affairs for flights, they have their own webpage I have found these the cheapest. You can go online and play around with dates see what comes out the cheapest. They have a summer sale on 10% off from 1st aug to 31 Oct. you have to quote 'Red Hot Canada'
Old Jul 12th 2012, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FLMeehan
Hi Yes I have tried both Numbers, and selected the correct UCI or EP bit, The next bit your name I have put just my surname and my full name, caps, non-caps? am I doing this bit correct? it's my name and details that are on the letter from CIC. then my dob and united kingdom. Just comes up unable to identify me (thanks for your reply)
You enter your Surname only. I don't think caps make a difference.
On place of birth select 'England' NOT United Kigdom. Try this and let us know if it works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.