Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Jul 24th 2012, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Thanks Kaye5, no, of course no explanation don't be crazy . At the end of the day its down to the Canadian medical people so its got to be done. I just hope its all fine. To be honest this is the easiest test to do - no bloods or anything invasive so Im pretty happy its for this and nothing else . Also, I have read on here that a lot of people have been previously called back for the same tests and I guess that gives some hope as they have been clear the second time also. I just want our immigration to happen so just hoping for that in the end - even if it delays it by a few weeks , have to think positive
Ha ha! of course no explanation!

I do wonder what makes them call back some and not others - if x-rays are clear, what grounds do they have to ask for repeats?

So the DMP telling us our x-rays were clear, means nothing.

Good luck sorting this all out; it hasn't helped with the DMP list reducing, so I hope you can get them done at your original DMP. Let us all know how you get on.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Ha ha! of course no explanation!

I do wonder what makes them call back some and not others - if x-rays are clear, what grounds do they have to ask for repeats?

So the DMP telling us our x-rays were clear, means nothing.

Good luck sorting this all out; it hasn't helped with the DMP list reducing, so I hope you can get them done at your original DMP. Let us all know how you get on.
Yeah!!! all sorted, talked to the DMP and tests started today!!! Brilliant as have the day off work. Im sure someone saying the x-rays are clear does mean something and I really wouldnt worry at all if I were you . Im just so pleased its sorted for now

More waiting again.....dum de dum
Old Jul 24th 2012, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah!!! all sorted, talked to the DMP and tests started today!!! Brilliant as have the day off work. Im sure someone saying the x-rays are clear does mean something and I really wouldnt worry at all if I were you . Im just so pleased its sorted for now

More waiting again.....dum de dum
Fingers crossed for you that this gets cleared up quickly.

All the best, Violet.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Fingers crossed for you that this gets cleared up quickly.

All the best, Violet.
Thank you very much Kaye5, its very much appreciated. Good luck with your application and hopefully you will also get very good news soon.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

mouradb is on a distinguished road

Hello guys,
I'm new here and i can see some of you have already had their PPR and some are still waiting, I hops these last will get theirs very soon.

well in my case, we (family of 3) have done the medicals last Tuesday and I haven't heard anything from the Doc which I presume all fine. I'm about to make the final payment now and send the police certificates and I'm wondering what is the ETA for them to request the passports?
I've read nearly all the thread and had a look at your signatures but I just wanted to get some feedback about this!!

Note this will be for the Quebec Selected Provincial.

Stressing this last step.

Thanks for your reply already
Old Aug 1st 2012, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mouradb
Hello guys,
I'm new here and i can see some of you have already had their PPR and some are still waiting, I hops these last will get theirs very soon.

well in my case, we (family of 3) have done the medicals last Tuesday and I haven't heard anything from the Doc which I presume all fine. I'm about to make the final payment now and send the police certificates and I'm wondering what is the ETA for them to request the passports?
I've read nearly all the thread and had a look at your signatures but I just wanted to get some feedback about this!!

Note this will be for the Quebec Selected Provincial.

Stressing this last step.

Thanks for your reply already
Hi, congratulations on doing your medicals , its great to have them out of the way .

Its fairly difficult to say how long it will take to the passport request however looking at others it does seem to take between 4-6 weeks at the moment so not long to go hopefully .

Good luck and dont stress too much, its and enjoyable experience except for the stress
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 10:38 am
Just Joined

mouradb is on a distinguished road

Hi, congratulations on doing your medicals , its great to have them out of the way .

Its fairly difficult to say how long it will take to the passport request however looking at others it does seem to take between 4-6 weeks at the moment so not long to go hopefully .

Good luck and dont stress too much, its and enjoyable experience except for the stress
Hi and thanks for your reply,
that is totally true, it is enjoyable, quick but comes with some stress,
I hope this will be sorted sometimes soon. I hope the same for you too.
good luck and keep us updated.

Mourad.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 4:40 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Question Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Hi Violets, How are things going? All this waiting is driving us nuts It would be nice if we can make some plans for the near future, but we can even do that at this present time. We have thought about going early, but are not sure how to do this now we are so far into our PR application.
Do you remember how long our nominations are valid for? We know they had to reach our visa office within 6 months from issue. I would imagine you should be ready to receive your visas soon?

Also the E-Cas thing is driving us nuts lol

Last edited by vettemaster; Aug 7th 2012 at 4:45 am.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 4:42 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Hang in there. Mine took just over a month.
This whole process of waiting gave me a whole load of grey hairs..!
Hey Tony, how are things? How does it feel to be on the other side No more waiting for PR decisions or emails/letters etc?

Have you made any plans when you are to move?
Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hi Violets, How are things going? All this waiting is driving us nuts It would be nice if we can make some plans for the near future, but we can even do that at this present time. We have thought about going early, but are not sure how to do this now we are so far into our PR application.
Do you remember how long our nominations are valid for? We know they had to reach our visa office within 6 months from issue. I would imagine you should be ready to receive your visas soon?

Also the E-Cas thing is driving us nuts lol
Hi Vettemaster, oh my god dont freak me out , I thought that the nominations only had to get there within six months and then they were locked in - holy crap, i hope thats the case. I dont even remember how long ago I received mine off the top of my head .

I was thinking of putting a message on here yesterday asking you if you had heard anything. You know you really should hear within the next week or so I would think . I know what you mean about driving you crazy. I still cant have an x-ray for another 21days !!!!(not counting or anything ), but trying to just not think about it.

We thought of just going also but my daughters graduation is in a few weeks so we are just hanging on for that at the very least and by then Im hoping that all results will be back. Its good to know that the work permit is there with a job offer though which makes it more tempting to just go and get on with it.

Hang on in there Andy , I imagine you will hear this week or early next and as for e cas, mine has not changed from the two lines on there and I have given up looking to be honest, not so crazy because of it
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:26 am
B.E.Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply Violets, I checked with the bank last Friday and the draft still was not cashed? The guy on the phone at the international transfers section seemed to get a bit funny when I asked him if he could check the draft status. He said it is not normally something they do? I have booked a week off work next week as I need a break from my company. I hope we hear something soon too. Hopefully we will not have to be delayed too much longer. Good luck with your next x ray
Hi Vettemaster, oh my god dont freak me out , I thought that the nominations only had to get there within six months and then they were locked in - holy crap, i hope thats the case. I dont even remember how long ago I received mine off the top of my head .

I was thinking of putting a message on here yesterday asking you if you had heard anything. You know you really should hear within the next week or so I would think . I know what you mean about driving you crazy. I still cant have an x-ray for another 21days !!!!(not counting or anything ), but trying to just not think about it.

We thought of just going also but my daughters graduation is in a few weeks so we are just hanging on for that at the very least and by then Im hoping that all results will be back. Its good to know that the work permit is there with a job offer though which makes it more tempting to just go and get on with it.

Hang on in there Andy , I imagine you will hear this week or early next and as for e cas, mine has not changed from the two lines on there and I have given up looking to be honest, not so crazy because of it
Old Aug 7th 2012, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

no freaking out needed . As long as you got your PR application in while your nomination was valid, you are good.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hey Tony, how are things? How does it feel to be on the other side No more waiting for PR decisions or emails/letters etc?

Have you made any plans when you are to move?
Hey Vettemaster.

Im doing good. It feels a bit strange being on the side where everything is done. Its almost like I don't want to go. I just settled back after leaving Calgary for over a year. I am glad its over. A new challenge is about to begin.

I started working for a contractor for the Olympics and im earning a whopping....wait for it... £7 per hour. Shifts are long and im standing in the rain all day telling drivers they cant turn right in central London. It can be a bit soul destroying coming all the way down from management and doing this, but im using it as a opportunity to expand on skills. Im also using it as a way to get a solid UK reference. Its also gives me something to do while I kill time over summer as flights are expensive. But its only three weeks work, but it will pay for my flight and excess luggage.
I was looking at flights, they are expensive till 6th October when the prices drop(Canadian affair). Im still deciding what to do in terms of baggage. I'l only have two suitcases and a box or two of cds and books. Thats it.

I have the CIIP prepare to move to Canada thingy on the 4/5th September. I have been researching cars on kijji too. Just working out average prices and millage.

So after the 16th next week. I'l be starting to pack, close my phone account etc and book my flight.

As for yourself, hang in there mate. Its the olympics, I bet you its cos of that everything has been put on hold.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 1:53 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Hello Ilse , can we still go early (with job offer)while our PR is nearing the end of its process? Or is it best to wait it out?
Originally Posted by manitobain
no freaking out needed . As long as you got your PR application in while your nomination was valid, you are good.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manitobain
Thanks manitobain, thats good to know - all relaxed again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.