Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 15th 2017, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

amyg339 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
If you were living in the UK, then you won't have a NoA. Did you include any of your UK tax forms instead?

And to reiterate what Hurl said, no, an application wouldn't take any longer because of same-sex vs opposite-sex. It will be given exactly the same consideration as an opposite-sex file. As long as their proof that your relationship is legit and genuine, and you have all the paper trail to back it up, then you're golden. As Hurl said, they'll take much more interest in flags like cultural differences, rushing to get married, limited or few meetings, very large age gaps, that sort of thing. So you have nothing to worry about. Do keep us updated on your progress!!

I meant to say my wife didn't include her NOA (she is the Canadian). I didn't attach any tax forms as it didn't ask me to. I don't think :/ *worried*
Old May 15th 2017, 4:50 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

No, you didn't need to include anything.

Why was your wife not able to include a NoA?
Old May 15th 2017, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

No, you didn't need to include anything.

Why was your wife not able to include a NoA?
She was being assessed for another job she had and tax wasn't being deducted so it hadn't been issued to her when we sent the papers off. Sods law it can through the post to her that week 🙄
Old May 15th 2017, 4:55 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Ah fair enough. I assume your letter explained that. Make sure you keep it handy as they may ask you for a copy of it down the road.
Old May 15th 2017, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Ah fair enough. I assume your letter explained that. Make sure you keep it handy as they may ask you for a copy of it down the road.
No doubt ... anything to slow us down 😂 Thanks for your help
Old May 15th 2017, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amyg339
Thank you will do. Just out of curiosity, do same sex marriage tend to have a longer wait / more complications or no difference?

Thanks
Whilst I know you've already been told, I can assure you from personal experience, that's a hell no.

Our same sex common law partnership had about as fast a run through Ottawa as anyone could reasonably expect, and none of the extra stuff we were asked for was proof of relationship-related.

Canada's had same sex marriage for a decade longer than Britain, and their last Conservative government withdrew foreign aid funding from some African countries specifically because of their attacks on LGBT rights. Obviously individual case officers have their personal political/religious/moral views, but I've never seen any suggestion that LGBT relationships are in any way discriminated against by CIC. Considering the level of documentation they have to do, any officer who consistently refused to believe eg bona fide relationship status of same sex partners would be rapidly noticed.
Old May 15th 2017, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
Whilst I know you've already been told, I can assure you from personal experience, that's a hell no.

Our same sex common law partnership had about as fast a run through Ottawa as anyone could reasonably expect, and none of the extra stuff we were asked for was proof of relationship-related.

Canada's had same sex marriage for a decade longer than Britain, and their last Conservative government withdrew foreign aid funding from some African countries specifically because of their attacks on LGBT rights. Obviously individual case officers have their personal political/religious/moral views, but I've never seen any suggestion that LGBT relationships are in any way discriminated against by CIC. Considering the level of documentation they have to do, any officer who consistently refused to believe eg bona fide relationship status of same sex partners would be rapidly noticed.
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond with that information. It certainly puts my mind at ease 🙌🏽
Old May 16th 2017, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

sunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond repute

Update for the spreadsheet - sponsor approval email came on May 10th!

No Schedule A/Meds request yet but hopefully that'll land in my inbox in the next couple of days.
Old May 16th 2017, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunshinedust
Update for the spreadsheet - sponsor approval email came on May 10th!

No Schedule A/Meds request yet but hopefully that'll land in my inbox in the next couple of days.

Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.
Old May 16th 2017, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

habsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi expats!

It has been a long time, I do apologise, everything has been hectic (as always)

To finish up the spreadsheet my COPR was received on the 18th Feb, thought I would never see that day!

It runs out on the 30th May so I will be landing on the 23rd in Montreal and going from there. Time just seems to fly and I've still got so much to do...

Anyhow I am excited and nervous at the same time, once I am settled and things have calmed down I would like to update you on my progress in Canada and you never know it would be nice to gatecrash on one of your famous meetups one day.

I would just like to say thank you to the amazing staff and community at BE, wealth of information and support. I definitely couldn't of done it without you!

So thank you once again and see you on the other side
Old May 16th 2017, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by habsfan
Hi expats!

It has been a long time, I do apologise, everything has been hectic (as always)

To finish up the spreadsheet my COPR was received on the 18th Feb, thought I would never see that day!

It runs out on the 30th May so I will be landing on the 23rd in Montreal and going from there. Time just seems to fly and I've still got so much to do...

Anyhow I am excited and nervous at the same time, once I am settled and things have calmed down I would like to update you on my progress in Canada and you never know it would be nice to gatecrash on one of your famous meetups one day.

I would just like to say thank you to the amazing staff and community at BE, wealth of information and support. I definitely couldn't of done it without you!

So thank you once again and see you on the other side

Yes, you were a close contemporary of my own timeline. Congratulations and have fun on your landing shortly. It is really a non-event if you have your stuff in order.

We hope to land as settlers in the next couple of months and may well try to arrange a meet up in Ottawa, if you are only? in Montreal, it could be a doable trip?

Spreadsheet updated.
Old May 16th 2017, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

habsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Yes, you were a close contemporary of my own timeline. Congratulations and have fun on your landing shortly. It is really a non-event if you have your stuff in order.

We hope to land as settlers in the next couple of months and may well try to arrange a meet up in Ottawa, if you are only? in Montreal, it could be a doable trip?

Spreadsheet updated.
Hi Hurla,

Ah yes the class of June 2016, a fine vintage I may add

Glad to see your landing went smoothly and good luck with settling in the Summer, exciting times!

A non-eventful landing sounds good too me, smooth sailing and stress free. Just arranging my 'special' folder as I type... documents, COPR, CSQ, landing lists etc etc.

Just looking forward to seeing my better half, its been a long 10 months, I miss her and her organisational skills! Exciting

Well that sounds like a plan Hurla, it's only a couple of hours drive or so and its been about 5 years since I last visited Ottawa so it would be the ideal excuse

Thanks for updating the spreadsheet and I'll pop back in soon(ish).

Thanks again Expats
Old May 16th 2017, 1:08 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

An update from us (Sydney Australia office). We got a request on 11 May for a letter stating that my partner is not including his 18 year old son. I'm hoping it's the last thing they ask for.
Old May 18th 2017, 12:23 am
Just Joined

emmacuddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all!

I'd love to be added to the spreadsheet! My common-law partner (from the UK) and I sent in our application 2017/03/24. On 2017/04/20th we were asked for Schedule A and Police Certificated, which we submitted on 2017/05/05.

I got an email today titled: "OVS Sponsorship Eligibility Decision" with news that our application has been sent to Ottawa. I have not yet received a decision on whether I have been approved as a sponsor. Is this normal?

Thank you so much everyone. This forum has saved our butts many times throughout the process.
Old May 18th 2017, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by emmacuddy
Hi all!

I'd love to be added to the spreadsheet! My common-law partner (from the UK) and I sent in our application 2017/03/24. On 2017/04/20th we were asked for Schedule A and Police Certificated, which we submitted on 2017/05/05.

I got an email today titled: "OVS Sponsorship Eligibility Decision" with news that our application has been sent to Ottawa. I have not yet received a decision on whether I have been approved as a sponsor. Is this normal?

Thank you so much everyone. This forum has saved our butts many times throughout the process.
If have sent it on to a Visa Office, then it must be sponsor approved. Hard to say whether this is normal as we are all getting used to the new process which only started on 16th December 2016.

Can you tell us roughly where in the UK you are? Spreadsheet updated, thanks for sharing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.