Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 7th 2011, 10:57 am
MUA
Forum Regular

MUA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by suze_h
Wow, MUA, you've really had a frustrating time of it...and I was complaining because I've been in process in London since 5th November and not heard anything - feel bad now!! I really hope you hear something from them in the timescale they've stated, you've definitely done your share of waiting!!

Just a quick question - when they requested more information did it show on ECAS that they had requested it and were waiting for your response, or did they just send you a letter? I'm getting concerned that maybe they have requested more information from me and I've just missed an email or a piece of mail or something!!!

Good luck with the rest of your application x
Hi Suze_h,

I sent them a Case Specific Enquiry mid September and they emailed me back requesting additional information. I have received all information from them via email. I don't know whether to trust the postal service for mail, as I didn't receive my initial letter dated 13/08/10. Oh I have used my work email address rather than my hotmail so I don't loose any emails via the Junk mail.

I waited till December as I didn't want to bother them too much with emails as to where my application stands. Really annoyed as I could have already got PPR for passports.

As far as ECAS it just showed 'In Process', nothing about additional information was mentioned. Oh well hopefully by mid Feb I should hear from them.

Good luck
Old Jan 7th 2011, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point

It was my PPR!! They emailed to confirm this morning with a really apologetic message!!! Soooooo happy! Kind of glad I didn't call yesterday and shout at them Thanks for all your support and GOOD LUCK to all of you who are still waiting - keeping everything crossed for you guys xx
Congratulations suze_h thats fantastic news. Keep us updated and let us now how it goes when you land. Happy 2011
Old Jan 7th 2011, 2:09 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

J2J is on a distinguished road

Congrats Suze! What wonderful news!
Old Jan 7th 2011, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

So heres to hoping that next week will be the start of a glut of PPR requests!!! I've almost given up hope of my Ecas going to 'in progress' now and really hope they just jump start to PPR requests. Come on London I believe in you
Old Jan 7th 2011, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianLove is an unknown quantity at this point

Fingers crossed the PPRs keep on coming. Can i just check that the PPR is only for the spouse requiring a PR card - not the sponsor?! i am pretty sure it is, but want reassurance!

Last edited by CanadianLove; Jan 7th 2011 at 7:14 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

It was my PPR!! They emailed to confirm this morning with a really apologetic message!!! Soooooo happy! Kind of glad I didn't call yesterday and shout at them Thanks for all your support and GOOD LUCK to all of you who are still waiting - keeping everything crossed for you guys xx
congrats Suze! delighted for you!
Old Jan 7th 2011, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CanadianLove
Fingers crossed the PPRs keep on coming. Can i just check that the PPR is only for the spouse requiring a PR card - not the sponsor?! i am pretty sure it is, but want reassurance!
Yes... you as the applicant for PR should receive the PPR.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 9:13 am
Best place on earth. BC.

MegRobEarlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

Is the average wait time for SS still 3 months from start to finish..?
Me and my OH are applying in July and just want to set our expectations realistically..he might take a new Year long contract in May and wondered if it was worth the while?

Thanks!

Also if anyone knows the answer, we have been living together for 2 years, he has been separated from his exwife for 3, but his divorce has only just gone through. would our year cohab start from the time his divorce is final or would we have to wait another year from then to prove the 'year' cohab?
Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Megs_4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Congrats Suze_h! That is fantastic news and puts some hope out there for others that decisions are being made

Quick question regarding notification... We're still in the start of it all, waiting to get our decision whether I have been approved to sponsor my partner. Checked Ecas and a decision has been made and a letter was sent on January 7th.

Did any of you get an email confirming the approval, or at this point are only letters sent. I put we would like to be contacted by email, but didn't receive a notice. Knowing Canada Post it will be at least another week before we get the letter!?

MegRobEarlee - from what I can see on here it's on average 4-5 months. Sorry can't help with the second question. Good luck with it all!!

Thanks

Megs & Gordie
Old Jan 10th 2011, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Megs_4
Hi All

Congrats Suze_h! That is fantastic news and puts some hope out there for others that decisions are being made

Quick question regarding notification... We're still in the start of it all, waiting to get our decision whether I have been approved to sponsor my partner. Checked Ecas and a decision has been made and a letter was sent on January 7th.

Did any of you get an email confirming the approval, or at this point are only letters sent. I put we would like to be contacted by email, but didn't receive a notice. Knowing Canada Post it will be at least another week before we get the letter!?

MegRobEarlee - from what I can see on here it's on average 4-5 months. Sorry can't help with the second question. Good luck with it all!!

Thanks

Megs & Gordie
Hi Megs,

I received my letter 3 days after the decision was made and I am also in Canada. So you may get a letter today. I haven't heard of anyone getting an email at this stage .
Old Jan 10th 2011, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Megs_4
Hi All

Thanks

Megs & Gordie
Yep, that sounds like good news for you Megs!! You wont get any email confirmation at this stage - Mississauga just send out letters. Keep us all posted when you receive it
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:31 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

J2J is on a distinguished road

We finally got some optimistic news to share! At mid morning today my hubby received a phone call from High Commission that totally took him off guard. The lady stated that she wanted to ask him a few questions about his desire to live in Canada with his wife. She asked if he had ever been in Canada for more than 6 months? (all of his visits were clearly identified on the application with copies of flight information to support it) He went on to say No, that his longest visit was 35 days. That was it! no more questions, and she went on to say that he should be hearing soon for his passport request.
So now on to becoming obsessive waiting for the mailman and checking emails (including spam)
Still not showing "In Process"
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

Originally Posted by J2J
We finally got some optimistic news to share! At mid morning today my hubby received a phone call from High Commission that totally took him off guard. The lady stated that she wanted to ask him a few questions about his desire to live in Canada with his wife. She asked if he had ever been in Canada for more than 6 months? (all of his visits were clearly identified on the application with copies of flight information to support it) He went on to say No, that his longest visit was 35 days. That was it! no more questions, and she went on to say that he should be hearing soon for his passport request.
So now on to becoming obsessive waiting for the mailman and checking emails (including spam)
a phone call? how strange... but then I guess its a good thing that if the IO want to find something out that they will pick up the phone rather than sending a letter and costing more time.

No in process for me either J2J. Bah !
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

that's great news - weird - but great! At least you now know its definitely in process and not too long to wait!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by J2J
That's great news J2J! Fingers crossed the waiting is nearly over for you now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.