Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 2nd 2012, 9:21 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Nope.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

vancouverpickles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lordchewington
COPR arrived today!!! Just picked it up from the post office, it's official! Time for a few (too many) beers, gonna drive to the border and flagpole tomorrow
So so happy, I can finally get back to work!
Thanks to everyone who gave their advice and shared their stories, it really has made this whole process more manageable!
That is great news for you! Your timeline was pretty much exactly the same as ours and I have spent the past few weeks reading all your post- they have really helped me get through and now we both have our CORP. Congratulations! Enjoy your new life.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

lordchewington is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vancouverpickles
That is great news for you! Your timeline was pretty much exactly the same as ours and I have spent the past few weeks reading all your post- they have really helped me get through and now we both have our CORP. Congratulations! Enjoy your new life.
Thanks , you too!

So that's it, just returned from the border and am now a permanent resident
No issues at all with immigration, they were super friendly and only took 5 minutes. Job done!
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Pancakes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Nope.
Oh good, that'll save time

Thank you

P.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks , you too!

So that's it, just returned from the border and am now a permanent resident
No issues at all with immigration, they were super friendly and only took 5 minutes. Job done!
Awww Congratulations
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Bumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond repute

COPR arrived today!!! Just picked it up from the post office, it's official! Time for a few (too many) beers, gonna drive to the border and flagpole tomorrow
So so happy, I can finally get back to work!
Thanks to everyone who gave their advice and shared their stories, it really has made this whole process more manageable!
Congrats.

I'm getting slightly concerned as I've not heard a thing and my status is still saying medical received.

Anyone else on roughly the same time line as me heard anything?
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

supergirl116 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2
Congrats.

I'm getting slightly concerned as I've not heard a thing and my status is still saying medical received.

Yep, Bumblebee, I'm in the same situation! Except my application was received January 30. I am starting to worry, it's into the 9th month of total processing.

Congrats lordchewington!!
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Bumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by supergirl116
Yep, Bumblebee, I'm in the same situation! Except my application was received January 30. I am starting to worry, it's into the 9th month of total processing.

Congrats lordchewington!!
We are still on the 'medical received' stage so a bit behind you.

We are moving out on the 12th of this month and heading over mid Nov. I initially thought we would have plenty of time....
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

We are still on the 'medical received' stage so a bit behind you.

We are moving out on the 12th of this month and heading over mid Nov. I initially thought we would have plenty of time....
Yeah, I know, it's so crazy. I thought we'd have heard by now too. My husband came to Canada on Thursday, we're so frustrated and we are finding it hard to keep waiting. We're only starting out our careers now and finances are tight without him being able to work most of this year.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhhh, have finally joined the wait! Sent in our application to Mississauga last week, now the waiting begins!
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

vancouverpickles is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats.

You are on the same time line as myself and my partner. We applied in March (common law), got sponsorship June 20th and then heard nothing. Sept 27 it went to In Process and we got a decision on Sept 29th. The letter was already at his parents house by then.

I know how stressful this process is, it was keeping me awake at night worrying! But I have realized everything everyone says is true - there appears to be no real pattern to it because for us they had clearly processed it before ecas was updated because the letter arrived before ecas said Decision Made. I was getting myself more stressed because I could see other people posting they had a decision and they had applied after us! Just hold tight, hopefully it will suddenly arrive as ours did. I did email London at one point to double check they hadn't sent us a request for more information because our addresses were a bit messed up.

Fingers crossed for you that you'll hear something soon!
Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by supergirl116
Yeah, I know, it's so crazy. I thought we'd have heard by now too. My husband came to Canada on Thursday, we're so frustrated and we are finding it hard to keep waiting. We're only starting out our careers now and finances are tight without him being able to work most of this year.
You should of heard something by now.. I know Londons timeline is 7 months but I would send a case-specific enquiry to London just asking, theres no harm. You sent yours 2 weeks after mine and I got PR 2 months ago... Whats your situation, fairly simple??
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the support guys! I found out what was wrong! They never received our receipt of payment for the right of permanent residence fee that we paid in August. So that means we would have received COPR in August had everything not gone awry!!

The only reason we found out is we went to our local MP's office and he made some calls the the high commission on our behalf. I am so upset that our application has been delayed for months because of this, but it should be smooth sailing from now. I'll let you know how it goes!
Old Oct 5th 2012, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

bluesteele is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
My husband and I are about to start the spousal sponsorship route (he's the Canadian citizen, I'm British). I know it's probably all covered in this thread but at 298 pages it makes for a long read!
Is there anything that we should know? Any tips, pointers, guidlines or warnings?
Has anybody made the application in the UK and then gone over to Canada before the visa is approved (obviously can't work or claim benefits etc).
Many thanks
Old Oct 5th 2012, 10:06 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

This whole forum is for immigration to Canada, not just this thread - first tip is to read the wiki and have a search around for any questions you have, then anything outstanding feel free to post either here or in the main forum in a new thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.