Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 24th 2012, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Pancakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Photos for the medical are completely separate from the photos you give with your application, so if the doctor has asked for 4, take 4 additional ones, do not take them out of the 8 you have to include with your application.
Thanks
Old Sep 24th 2012, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

lordchewington is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GS1
Hi,

Please can someone advice:

I logged onto application status and my status has changed it now states:

We started processing xxxxxxxx application on September 19th, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on xxxxxx application. The office will contact xxxxx concerning this decision

Does any one know what the next step is, i.e. is it good or bad news? How will I be informed? Post, email? I did state I wanted to know my email but I checked my inbox and received nothing?

Lordchewington and Bumbleebee2 – any news on yours
Yes, decision made! I didn't know until I read your post and checked fingers crossed it's good news!
Old Sep 24th 2012, 5:04 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Summer is over and officers get back to PR work now that students and visitors are squared away. Also over are the holiday season and arrivals and departures of officers. So, now things move again of the PR front!
Old Sep 24th 2012, 5:05 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Until Christmas, when it all grinds to a halt again!
Old Sep 24th 2012, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

CanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Depends how they do it, and everyone's cases seem to be different.

For us, we got PPR (passport request) through email, sent to my husband (who was the one being sponsored). He had a form to fill out and had to send his passport - but because he is British, he only has to send photocopies of all pages of his passport (including the blank ones!), not the whole passport.

They then sent COPR about 4ish weeks later through registered/signed post.

Not everyone gets the PPR step, though - some people have gone straight to COPR without having a passport request, and there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason as to why some have the request and some don't.
In our case, it was a COPR form in 2 copies, along with a letter explaining the landing process. As my husband was already in Canada, we flagpoled the same day the COPR came in - we are only 45 minutes from a border. No passport request.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 12:06 am
GS1
Forum Regular

GS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ALL,
Guess what? I received my CORP today - 2 forms - done, done!
thanks for all your advice throughout and god bless all and gud luck with your applications.
All in All - once it gets to Canada Embassy in London - its a clear 90 day process from when they confirm, that depends on if all is correct and straightforward application.

GS1.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GS1
Hi ALL,
Guess what? I received my CORP today - 2 forms - done, done!
thanks for all your advice throughout and god bless all and gud luck with your applications.
All in All - once it gets to Canada Embassy in London - its a clear 90 day process from when they confirm, that depends on if all is correct and straightforward application.

GS1.
That's great news, congratulations!
Old Sep 25th 2012, 2:35 am
GS1
Forum Regular

GS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lordchewington
That's great news, congratulations!
Hi Lordchewington, yours is probably also in the post- it comes recorded so therefore you will need to sign for it.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GS1
Hi Lordchewington, yours is probably also in the post- it comes recorded so therefore you will need to sign for it.
I see. It may come ups or something then as I'm already in Canada
Old Sep 25th 2012, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

CanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lordchewington
I see. It may come ups or something then as I'm already in Canada
No, it comes via Canada Post. Ours did.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 8:41 am
Just Joined

supergirl116 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats GS1! Was hoping today would be the day for decision made. I don't know why we're not a straightforward case. We're married and we have lots of proof that we've been together for years. Hubby's arriving Thursday, will customs give him hell? We thought it would be here by now, it's been almost four months. He only booked a one way ticket.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

newfie7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sponsorship approved!!! . Hope London is this quick on the ball!
Old Sep 27th 2012, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I and a couple of others were let go yesterday, been on the cards as they restructured their internal business units. I was on the second of two TWPs here in Alberta and working for the same company since 2009...

Whilst this is crap, I already have other offers from other employers.

We're about 4 to 6 weeks away from COPR according to the timeline.

Questions:
1. What effect does this have on my applcation.
2. Do I need to change anything or inform the people in London looking at my file.
3. Do i need to inform anyone here in Canada.

I wanted to post this right away for feedback, will now go use the search button. Thanks for any input.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 6:56 am
Just Joined

I can't say for 100% sure, but I don't think you need to inform them. Though I do know for a fact that during spousal sponsorship it isn't necessary that you have money or a job to be able to sponsor your spouse. Although, they require you to take care of your spouse for several years after their arrival without recourse to public assistance. That sucks that you got let go, good luck on finding a new job!
Old Sep 29th 2012, 7:01 am
Just Joined

My husband has arrived in Canada, luckily he had no problem going through customs. Should we contact the consulate to change his address to mine? We listed his outside of Canada address as his parents'. They could always forward any paperwork to us. We applied outside of Canada, will it be a problem that he is now inside Canada on a visitor visa? Will it slow the application in any way to change his address? It's been over 8 months since we applied and we thought it would be ready by now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.