Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 18th 2012, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Stevo78x is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

@ Toniwharton - I did the same thing - moved to Canada mid PR application and my PR info was redirected by the person who moved into my house - I did change my address to Canada but it seemed to be too late and the PR docs had already been sent to my UK address. Im not sure they change the process mid way through and they just continue from London. When I 'landed' the immigration official just changed my address manually. I would advocate its the right thing to do as not sure of the rules - but you could wait for the docs to be sent to your parents house.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 10:45 am
Just Joined

supergirl116 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm getting concerned... Has anyone had their application stay "in process" in London for almost a month? Everyone seems to get decision made really soon after they get in process. What could they be doing for almost a month with my hubby's application???
Old Sep 18th 2012, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

toniwharton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stevo78x
@ Toniwharton - I did the same thing - moved to Canada mid PR application and my PR info was redirected by the person who moved into my house - I did change my address to Canada but it seemed to be too late and the PR docs had already been sent to my UK address. Im not sure they change the process mid way through and they just continue from London. When I 'landed' the immigration official just changed my address manually. I would advocate its the right thing to do as not sure of the rules - but you could wait for the docs to be sent to your parents house.
Thanks for the advice. Hope you are enjoying life in Canada?!
Old Sep 18th 2012, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

toniwharton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ashleyi
Hi everyone! Funny you should mention what happens when you land in Canada, we have been talking about this ourselves! My partner (british) and I (Canadian) are currently living in the UK, and will be here until we get a decision. We may need to travel to Canada separately for the big move, will it cause any problems for him? Or is it better for us to travel together?
If you partner has PR Card already there should be no problem at all going seperately if thats what you need to do.
I don't have my PR Card yet, but as soon as the immigration officers saw my husband's canadian passport, they did not bat an eyelid, so worth going together in that case.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

ashleyi is an unknown quantity at this point

Toniwharton - thank you! The flights are expensive so it might be easier to go separately.

Supergirl - we went from sponsor approved to in progress with London in about 2 days - and that was 2 months ago. You are definitely not alone

Ashley
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Question: when your application passes Stage 1 (outbound) and is sent to London do you get any notification that London have received it and it's in progress? If so, how long is this taking on average?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:37 am
Just Joined

Stevo78x is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by toniwharton
Thanks for the advice. Hope you are enjoying life in Canada?!
It's fantastic. I'm sure we have been lucky but life really is better for us! I think it really depends on your attitude - don't expect things to be easy I. Fact do t expe f anything just enjoy it and get out and experience it. At least then you have experienced something new independent of whether you plan to stay here a long time or go back!!
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:38 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michty6
Question: when your application passes Stage 1 (outbound) and is sent to London do you get any notification that London have received it and it's in progress? If so, how long is this taking on average?
You won't know that London has actually received it. Just have to hope it got there! (Don't get ChrisBrockhurst started on this...)
Old Sep 19th 2012, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

richtee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
You won't know that London has actually received it. Just have to hope it got there! (Don't get ChrisBrockhurst started on this...)
Exactly, we got sponsor approval without any other status update and our status for the London stage has been 'application received' for ages, I wouldnt be surprised if the next update goes straight to decision made. The time frames and status updates seem variable and adhoc.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richtee
Exactly, we got sponsor approval without any other status update and our status for the London stage has been 'application received' for ages, I wouldnt be surprised if the next update goes straight to decision made. The time frames and status updates seem variable and adhoc.
mine went pretty much straight to decision made after they got everything (i had to send some of it myself which created numerous issues)

For most people its being sent from Ottawa CPP or CPC-Mississauga so its a safe bet it will arrive. Just the long waiting game when it gets there.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who got PR in July or August got their PR cards yet? Nearly 2 months and waiting for mine now and i'm going home for a visit in 4 weeks...
Old Sep 19th 2012, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

UKCamaroSS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by richtee
Hi Richtee,

Out of interest, when did you receive sponsorship approval?

Our application was received in Mississauga on July 31, and expect a decision in the next 3 weeks or so based on CIC timelines, so would be keen to know if the timelines are pretty accurate-you applied about 6 weeks before us.

Cheers

Last edited by UKCamaroSS; Sep 19th 2012 at 7:53 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

richtee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKCamaroSS
Hi Richtee,

Our application was received in Mississauga on July 31, and expect a decision in the next 3 weeks or so based on CIC timelines, so would be keen to know if the timelines are pretty accurate-you applied about 6 weeks before us.

Cheers
Hi, I need to update my signature. Our approval came through on the 28th of August.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UKCamaroSS
Hi Richtee,

Cheers
Its hit and miss. Dont hold onto other peoples timelines too much as you will just worry yourself. You have no idea of the other peoples circumstances, application information and of course the visa officer processing it etc. Way too many factors to consider.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 2:52 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Its hit and miss. Dont hold onto other peoples timelines too much as you will just worry yourself. You have no idea of the other peoples circumstances, application information and of course the visa officer processing it etc. Way too many factors to consider.
Agreed.

While I was waiting, I generally kept an eye on other people who had similar timelines to me (first ofr sending it off, then for getting sponsor approval) as it just gave me a general idea - but don't rely on it as gospel. As Chris said, everyone's case is different, so just use it as a guide, but not as hard fact. You'll just drive yourself nuts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.