Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 18th 2015, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

pauc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi All,

Congrats to those who have had progress recently.

Small update from me - ECAS shows my application as In Progress. Not sure of the exact date this happened but it's nice to see!
Old Aug 18th 2015, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauc
Hi All,

Congrats to those who have had progress recently.

Small update from me - ECAS shows my application as In Progress. Not sure of the exact date this happened but it's nice to see!
Spreadsheet updated, I entered the In Process date as 17-Aug.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 8:16 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Those of you wondering about ecas and in process, there's an faq section on it. Basically, in process, either being there or not being there, means squat.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Those of you wondering about ecas and in process, there's an faq section on it. Basically, in process, either being there or not being there, means squat.
Am I missing something in the FAQ? I thought it said that if ECAS updates then that's accurate? I know that if it doesn't update then that's not always accurate as ecas is awful at updating?

I ask this as I got an email from London last week telling me that I wasn't currently in active processing, and to hold tight re my medical expiring until I was in process, at which point they'd contact me for more info and decide on an extension of my medicals or if I need to redo them. Yesterday I got an email asking for more info re my medicals, and suddenly ecas states 'in process' where it did not before.

I guess I could be just way too hopeful here, but we had kind of thought that this together could mean we are finally in active processing?

Ah well, back to square one I guess
Old Aug 18th 2015, 5:59 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patterson
Am I missing something in the FAQ? I thought it said that if ECAS updates then that's accurate? I know that if it doesn't update then that's not always accurate as ecas is awful at updating?

I ask this as I got an email from London last week telling me that I wasn't currently in active processing, and to hold tight re my medical expiring until I was in process, at which point they'd contact me for more info and decide on an extension of my medicals or if I need to redo them. Yesterday I got an email asking for more info re my medicals, and suddenly ecas states 'in process' where it did not before.

I guess I could be just way too hopeful here, but we had kind of thought that this together could mean we are finally in active processing?

Ah well, back to square one I guess
Yes, you are correct. If it changes then you are in active processing, but no change does not necessarily mean you are not.

I just posted the reminder because everyone seems to be going all bonkers over it changing or not changing... still impossible to guess on how long to go from in process to DM... could be days or could be months, there's really not been any obvious pattern on the spreadsheet.

Just trying to make sure everyone keeps a cool head.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

DandH is an unknown quantity at this point

Update!!!! We received the magical paper in the post. Off to the border we go. Thanks everyone for your encouragement and insight.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 6:15 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by DandH
Update!!!! We received the magical paper in the post. Off to the border we go. Thanks everyone for your encouragement and insight.
Fantastic! Make sure you review the wiki articles about landing and goods to follow and all that!

Spreadsheet updated! (So fun to do an update, Baby Schnooks is giving us a big fight about sleeping in her crib, even for naps, so she's often on my chest as it's the only way to get her to sleep, which means I've used the computer about 3 times in the past week! I read this thrad regularly but responding is difficult from my phone, and doing stuff on the spreadsheet is just about impossible. Huge props to Andrew for stepping up and doing about 99% of the work the past 3 weeks... hopefully Baby Schnooks gets used to her crib and starts sleeping there more regularly... currently doing her second nap today in there, which is a record!)
Old Aug 18th 2015, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

rafi.london is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, nobody did my update on our application!

August 17th 2015 - Request for passport copy and photos requested sent on email, same date that ECAS went to DM

Basically have sent passport to VAC and hopefully will receive back the passport with the immigration visa within a week.

Regarding my earlier post which I shared my big news, nobody actually replied to me...
Old Aug 18th 2015, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rafi.london

August 17th 2015 - Request for passport copy and photos requested sent on email, same date that ECAS went to DM

Basically have sent passport to VAC and hopefully will receive back the passport with the immigration visa within a week.

Regarding my earlier post which I shared my big news, nobody actually replied to me...
Spreadsheet updated. Sometimes posts get lost so thanks for reminding me!
Old Aug 18th 2015, 10:00 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by rafi.london

Congrats! Sometimes if there's a flurry of posts some posts get lost... it happens! Don't take it personally! There's often 3-4 conversations going on in the same thread, so it's easy for some posts to get lost!
Old Aug 19th 2015, 1:49 am
Just Joined

DandH is an unknown quantity at this point

Just another quick update for flagpolers. We went to the border, spent 45 minutes on the American side where we were treated like gold. Then about 45 minutes on the Canadian side. For everyone waiting, stay strong. This feeling is worth it.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Decisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandH
Just another quick update for flagpolers. We went to the border, spent 45 minutes on the American side where we were treated like gold. Then about 45 minutes on the Canadian side. For everyone waiting, stay strong. This feeling is worth it.
nice one!

The waiting is so painful. Glad its over for you!
Old Aug 19th 2015, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

chrisco87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi !

As of this morning, we are "In progress" on Ecas !! I am really excited ! However, nothing else has changed, it still just says "application received" and "medical results received".

Thank you for updating the spreadsheet!
Old Aug 19th 2015, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spreadsheet updated chrisco!
Old Aug 19th 2015, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

Good morning all! So I found an odd little addition to my ecas this morning- the other day it switched to 'in process' but when I clicked in still had just 1) application received and 2) medical results received. Now strangely this morning i now have 3) we sent you correspondance on August 17th. If you have no yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondance before sending us additional information as the correspondance will outline all information required.

I'm assuming this referrs to the email request for info re my expired medicals, but I already emailed them back with that information? Just seems an odd thing to have on ecas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.