Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 16th 2015, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Terence Young, or the other half of Oakville? (That's my stomping grounds!)

Anyway, glad they are going to be able to look into it for you!
The other half (better half?) so its Lisa Raitt.

I called Terence Young's office first and they were mega helpful as they have a direct line into a person at CIC but as our postal code is Halton we get Lisa.

My wife's at the end of her tether with this so I've banned her from looking at your spreadsheet!!!
Old Apr 16th 2015, 4:56 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JZS
Hi guys. Ok so yesterday I got good news and stressful news at the same time and I don't know what to make of this. Let me know if anyone has heard of a similar situation as what is happening with the applicants file.

I checked ECAS and this is what was on it:

"2.We started processing your application on April 8, 2015.
3.We sent you a letter on April 13, 2015 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

My wife (the applicant) called CIC and asked them what the decision was and that we have not received an email as yet and what is the outcome. They replied with your lawyer will receive it, Sponsor has been approved, file is being sent to KENYA for further processing.

Good news is I am approved. Stressfull fact is my wife is not KENYAN, She has an ILR from England, lived in England for 5 or so years before she came to Canada after our wedding to live with me. She is an Indian passport holder but never lived there. Nothing to do with KENYA except the fact that she was born there and was a student in Tanzania for 2 years in 2011 which expired!

What is going on? Has anyone had a similar situation where the file went to a different country where they have no ties?
I wouldn't put much weight in what the call centre says. Give it a little bit longer until you actually receive the letter or email from CIC with your sponsor approval and then work out from that letter where the application was sent and go from there. IT's not easy but sit tight until you know 100% what that letter says.

Originally Posted by RJ2014
Hi Andrew,
All 4 applications went to the Mississauga office and the stage 2 are all in the London UK office. Mine is the same, so I was wondering whats the difference between the applications such that mine is taking longer? Lol, so anxious!
RJ2014
I'm confused. Everyone's applications go to Mississauga initially. I'm not sure what you filtered on in the spreadsheet as there are well more than 4 applications in London? Something's not clicking.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 4:59 pm
JZS
Just Joined

JZS is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks SchnookoLoly. I forgot to mention that the lawyer got an email just a couple hours after saying the same thing. NAIROBI KENYA. Lawyer said he will follow up but I know CPC-M wont reply until for a few weeks.

I expected New Delhi if not London since she has an Indian Passport. Not Kenya.

Super Stressed
Old Apr 16th 2015, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RJ2014
Hi Andrew,
All 4 applications went to the Mississauga office and the stage 2 are all in the London UK office. Mine is the same, so I was wondering whats the difference between the applications such that mine is taking longer? Lol, so anxious!
RJ2014
Not sure where you are getting your data from but look at the London spreadsheet in my signature. BritishBob and Raze stayed in Mississauga for the whole process.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 5:06 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JZS
Thanks SchnookoLoly. I forgot to mention that the lawyer got an email just a couple hours after saying the same thing. NAIROBI KENYA. Lawyer said he will follow up but I know CPC-M wont reply until for a few weeks.

I expected New Delhi if not London since she has an Indian Passport. Not Kenya.

Super Stressed
Okay, yeah, your lawyer needs to get on CIC's case STAT then as the app should not have gone to Kenya. It should have been either London or ND.

If your lawyer hasn't been able to solve this in maybe 2 weeks then get your MP involved. Keep on the lawyer about this as this is really strange and should not have happened.

Good luck, for you.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

jk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, this is our timeline so far.

Spousal Application (Married)
Application received: March 5th
AOR: April 16th
Sponsor approval: April 17th
Processing office: Mississauga
Our location: Edmonton, AB
Old Apr 17th 2015, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jk94441
Hi, this is our timeline so far.

Spousal Application (Married)
Application received: March 5th
AOR: April 16th
Sponsor approval: April 17th
Our location: Edmonton, AB
Thanks, I have added you to the spreadsheet. That was a very fast time for sponsor approval!
Old Apr 17th 2015, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

shooey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I now have some info to finally get on the scoreboard

Family Class Application - Common Law
Application received: January 29, 2015
AOR: Didn't get one
Started processing: March 27, 2015
Sponsor approval: Not yet received
Our location: London, UK.

We were waiting to hear back from CIC if they even received our application (I totally missed the courier drop-off address somehow and sent it to the PO box address).

What may be of interest to others, we heard nothing since sending the application in January, so my better half's sister (who lives in Canada) suggested contacting her local federal MPs office to chase up.

Within a space of hours a really efficient assistant was contacting the CIC on our behalf and we now know our client IDs, when the application was received and when they started processing it.

Admittedly they are taking their time with ours it seems, but it goes to show that the political scene in Canada seems both approachable and efficient and there is an easy route to contact the CIC if your sponsor has family in Canada waiting for you to move over!!!!

Hopefully this was the 'reminder' the CIC needed to crack on with our application!!
Old Apr 17th 2015, 7:34 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by shooey
Hi all,

I now have some info to finally get on the scoreboard

Family Class Application - Common Law
Application received: January 29, 2015
AOR: Didn't get one
Started processing: March 27, 2015
Sponsor approval: Not yet received
Our location: London, UK.

We were waiting to hear back from CIC if they even received our application (I totally missed the courier drop-off address somehow and sent it to the PO box address).

What may be of interest to others, we heard nothing since sending the application in January, so my better half's sister (who lives in Canada) suggested contacting her local federal MPs office to chase up.

Within a space of hours a really efficient assistant was contacting the CIC on our behalf and we now know our client IDs, when the application was received and when they started processing it.

Admittedly they are taking their time with ours it seems, but it goes to show that the political scene in Canada seems both approachable and efficient and there is an easy route to contact the CIC if your sponsor has family in Canada waiting for you to move over!!!!

Hopefully this was the 'reminder' the CIC needed to crack on with our application!!
CIC does not send AOR to everyone, so the fact that you haven't heard is not surprising.

CIC's website says they are currently processing applications received on 4-Feb. Usually they are accurate within about a week or two.

Do not abuse the MP process. There's a reason we have the spreadsheet. We usually only recommend getting your MP involved when your process is well over the advertised processing time, or if there is something looking like it's going off the rails with your application. The user 'mec' has been posting recently and HE has been advised to contact his MP as his app has been in process for well over a year with no communication from CIC.

At least you have your UCI numbers, which means your application has been opened. Hopefully you can log into ECAS, give it a shot -if you are getting errors, try the suggestions listed in the FAQ, and if not it's more likely that your app just hasn't been registered in the system yet.

Just sit tight. You are getting way ahead of yourself!! Added to the spreadsheet in the meantime!

Last edited by SchnookoLoly; Apr 17th 2015 at 7:36 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Thanks, I have added you to the spreadsheet. That was a very fast time for sponsor approval!
Wow - well done!!
Old Apr 17th 2015, 10:01 pm
mec
Forum Regular

mec will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
he user 'mec' has been posting recently and HE has been advised to contact his MP as his app has been in process for well over a year with no communication from CIC.
Job for Monday! GCMS notes didn't arrive on time today either... so I really have reached the end of my patience

Now it's time to forget about it and enjoy the weekend!
Old Apr 18th 2015, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

rozzle89 is an unknown quantity at this point

For everybody freaking out about the fact that their ECAS won't work/is not updated/has errors etc. etc. - throughout our whole process our ECAS has ALWAYS been behind. We received sponsor approval on March 17th and this didn't actually show up on our ECAS until yesterday. We also received our AOR on 6th March and weren't even able to access ECAS successfully until about 3 weeks ago... So, please remain calm and don't expect your ECAS to show to-the-minute updated information! Personally I am happier for them to be actually spending their time working on my application as opposed to faffing around with ECAS!

-Rosie
Old Apr 18th 2015, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rozzle89
For everybody freaking out about the fact that their ECAS won't work/is not updated/has errors etc. etc. - throughout our whole process our ECAS has ALWAYS been behind. We received sponsor approval on March 17th and this didn't actually show up on our ECAS until yesterday. We also received our AOR on 6th March and weren't even able to access ECAS successfully until about 3 weeks ago... So, please remain calm and don't expect your ECAS to show to-the-minute updated information! Personally I am happier for them to be actually spending their time working on my application as opposed to faffing around with ECAS!

-Rosie
Hmmm - not sure about that.

It's easy to call out people as "freaking out" about ECAS after the event and when everything has occurred as it's supposed to and according to timelines, like yours has seemed to but where it has not (I'm more than a month over and have heard nothing) all you can do is hope that ECAS shows something or AOR arrives or there is some kind of movement - at least it shows that someone at CIC is at least looking at the application!
Old Apr 18th 2015, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

rozzle89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dillisodhi
Hmmm - not sure about that.

It's easy to call out people as "freaking out" about ECAS after the event and when everything has occurred as it's supposed to and according to timelines, like yours has seemed to but where it has not (I'm more than a month over and have heard nothing) all you can do is hope that ECAS shows something or AOR arrives or there is some kind of movement - at least it shows that someone at CIC is at least looking at the application!
FYI, we waited almost 3 months for sponsor approval ! So I understand completely that your patience may be waning - ours was too. We actually haven't heard a peep for over a month and so my experience is far from over! I was actually just trying to put some people's minds at rest because in my experience, ECAS has never been up to date even though my application has been moving along behind the scenes and I feel as though that may be the case for a lot of people. Not trying to call anybody out!
Old Apr 19th 2015, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rozzle89
FYI, we waited almost 3 months for sponsor approval ! So I understand completely that your patience may be waning - ours was too. We actually haven't heard a peep for over a month and so my experience is far from over! I was actually just trying to put some people's minds at rest because in my experience, ECAS has never been up to date even though my application has been moving along behind the scenes and I feel as though that may be the case for a lot of people. Not trying to call anybody out!
Oh dear - well wishing you the best so everything else goes through quick n easy 👍

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.