Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 9th 2015, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

sunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

You don't have to show travel insurance, but IMO its a bit silly to travel without it - you don't want to be in the situation where the worst has happened and you're thousands of dollars in the hole.

I've used Worldwide Insure for all my recent policies, no UK residency requirements and decent prices.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 11:27 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I've always gone with the policy on my credit card which usually is 90-days out but has the residency requirement.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

EG2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all, I will take a look into this now. I have some insurance on my credit cards, having a foot in both worlds makes life a lot more tricky! Role on PR!
Old Apr 9th 2015, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

AdamR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Can I get a couple of updates to the spreadsheet.

I had my medical on the 28th November 2014 and today I received my AOR.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdamR
Hi,

Can I get a couple of updates to the spreadsheet.

I had my medical on the 28th November 2014 and today I received my AOR.
Updated thanks! You should receive sponsor approval within the next 2 weeks.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

AdamR is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you.

It all just got very exciting.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

RJ2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hello,

I joined this forum in the hopes that my uncertainties will be reduced by sharing my fears with people in the same boat.

I got married in July 2014. Did my application to sponsor my spouse, currently living in London, UK, August 30, 2014 through the Missisauga Canada Office. I was missing one form, so it was sent back to me October 1, 2014. I sent it back immediately and my application is shown as received on October 3, 2014.
I got my sponsor approval on December 12, 2014. My husband did his medical and submitted it December 29, 2014. Mind you, he wasn't asked for it, but we thought to be proactive. We have heard nothing since. My husband hasn't received any mail or emails and neither have I. I'm really starting to get worried that something is wrong. Anyone with any thoughts?

Also, Can I be added to the Timeline Spreadsheet. To whoever created and maintains that spreadsheet, thank you so much. It has been more useful and helpful than anything else available from the immigration offices and on the internet.

R.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RJ2014
Hello,

I joined this forum in the hopes that my uncertainties will be reduced by sharing my fears with people in the same boat.

I got married in July 2014. Did my application to sponsor my spouse, currently living in London, UK, August 30, 2014 through the Missisauga Canada Office. I was missing one form, so it was sent back to me October 1, 2014. I sent it back immediately and my application is shown as received on October 3, 2014.
I got my sponsor approval on December 12, 2014. My husband did his medical and submitted it December 29, 2014. Mind you, he wasn't asked for it, but we thought to be proactive. We have heard nothing since. My husband hasn't received any mail or emails and neither have I. I'm really starting to get worried that something is wrong. Anyone with any thoughts?

Also, Can I be added to the Timeline Spreadsheet. To whoever created and maintains that spreadsheet, thank you so much. It has been more useful and helpful than anything else available from the immigration offices and on the internet.

R.
Welcome, I have added you to the spreadsheet.

In your sponsor approval letter it would have said which visa office is processing stage 2 of your application. Can you let us know which visa office has your application?

Also when your husband sent in his medical did he label the envelope/cover letter with his UCI, file number, etc so that CIC could link it up to his application?

Lastly why are you worried? You are still well within the timeline for London applicants (assuming your app went there), look at the spreadsheet.

If you are worried because CIC did not contact you after you sent in the medical then do not worry, they are not in the habit of e-mailing you to say thanks. You could send a case specific enquiry if you wish but no guarantee they will respond.

Last edited by andrewbrit; Apr 9th 2015 at 9:47 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

RJ2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andrewbrit,

Thank you for adding me to the list. Our application was forwarded to the London, 38 Grosvenor Canadian high commission office.
Yes the medical test has been linked to our application. The CIC application check page for my application has been updated saying medical results received as well.
I'm worried because since the email saying I've been approved as a sponsor, no more communication has been sent to us. My husband in London has received absolutely no communication and we thought he would be asked for some type of a documentation or something by now. Is it normal to have almost 4 months pass with no communication?
I guess I'm simply worried because I Dont know what to expect next and when to expect it.
Thanks for your response.
I already feel better having joined this forum.

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Welcome, I have added you to the spreadsheet.

In your sponsor approval letter it would have said which visa office is processing stage 2 of your application. Can you let us know which visa office has your application?

Also when your husband sent in his medical did he label the envelope/cover letter with his UCI, file number, etc so that CIC could link it up to his application?

Lastly why are you worried? You are still well within the timeline for London applicants (assuming your app went there), look at the spreadsheet.

If you are worried because CIC did not contact you after you sent in the medical then do not worry, they are not in the habit of e-mailing you to say thanks. You could send a case specific enquiry if you wish but no guarantee they will respond.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andrewbrit,

Thank you for adding me to the list. Our application was forwarded to the London, 38 Grosvenor Canadian high commission office.
Yes the medical test has been linked to our application. The CIC application check page for my application has been updated saying medical results received as well.
I'm worried because since the email saying I've been approved as a sponsor, no more communication has been sent to us. My husband in London has received absolutely no communication and we thought he would be asked for some type of a documentation or something by now. Is it normal to have almost 4 months pass with no communication?
I guess I'm simply worried because I Dont know what to expect next and when to expect it.
everything seems fine to me! No need to worry i haven't had communication from CIC since SA back in Oct 2014 and im not worried (partly because of this forum and its awesome spreadsheet). All the stats are in there to compare your app progress. Just hang tight.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 10:12 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andrewbrit,

Responding in place of Andrew while he fiddles with something on the spreadsheet that is breaking my brain. Serves us right for trying to make the spreadsheet more clever...

Awesome that the medical has been linked to your application.

Honestly, if you provided a complete application and there are no flags in your file, it's unlikely you'll hear much of anything from LVO until they are ready to issue your COPR. Have a look at the spreadsheet. There's a column for "Extra docs requested" - you can see there that only about half of people are asked for extra docs. Anyone who has had a request has details of the request captured in the Notes column.

So just take a deep breath and calm yourself. You may not get asked for anything, you may get asked for something. Not much you can do but sit back and wait! This is totally normal, absolutely nothing worrying so far with what you've experienced.

Breeeeeeeeeeathe.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 10:42 pm
Concierge

Okay, after a few hours of Andrew and I bashing our heads against the spreadsheet, we finally have a funky new chart working on the cover page.

We have added a chart that shows details of the past 20 decisions split by office and includes the average processing time for those past 20 decisions. This should give a decent idea of more recent processing times instead of just year-by-year averages.

It's worth noting that the average for London is at 9.6 months, so a bit longer than the 7-8 months we have been quoting more recently.

Enjoy the enhanced nerdiness!
Old Apr 9th 2015, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Zoeboe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, can you update our info on the spreadsheet please,

Ecas now shows medical received as of April 4th

Thanks

Originally Posted by Zoeboe
Hi, We'd like to be added to the spreadsheet please.
Applying common-law. Application received Jan 15, 2015. AOR March 13. Sponsor approved March 25. Processing office is Mississauga. We are living in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
Thanks very much!
Old Apr 9th 2015, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zoeboe
Hi, can you update our info on the spreadsheet please,

Ecas now shows medical received as of April 4th

Thanks
Spreadsheet updated, thanks Zoe!
Old Apr 9th 2015, 11:40 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Okay, after a few hours of Andrew and I bashing our heads against the spreadsheet, we finally have a funky new chart working on the cover page.

We have added a chart that shows details of the past 20 decisions split by office and includes the average processing time for those past 20 decisions. This should give a decent idea of more recent processing times instead of just year-by-year averages.

It's worth noting that the average for London is at 9.6 months, so a bit longer than the 7-8 months we have been quoting more recently.

Enjoy the enhanced nerdiness!
Looks great, thank you for your time SchnookoLoly and Andrew! Makes me feel a bit better as I'm approaching 9 months with no updates or progress

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.