Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 25th 2013, 2:44 pm
Stress Junkie

martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Decision made!!! (honestly thought it would never happen). How long til the email? Lol
Old Jan 25th 2013, 2:52 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Anywhere up to a week seems to be the norm. Are you in Canada or UK?
Old Jan 25th 2013, 2:55 pm
Stress Junkie

martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Anywhere up to a week seems to be the norm. Are you in Canada or UK?
We are in Canada. Just hoping it's good news.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Grats Marty. Everytime I see someone get a decision made I check ECAS immediately and it's never there

The annoying thing for me is that I am looking to take out a loan but am stuck in no man's land as no UK bank will give me a loan because I'm not resident there and no Canadian bank will give me a loan while I'm only on a temporary visa!
Old Jan 25th 2013, 3:02 pm
Stress Junkie

Originally Posted by michty6
Grats Marty. Everytime I see someone get a decision made I check ECAS immediately and it's never there

The annoying thing for me is that I am looking to take out a loan but am stuck in no man's land as no UK bank will give me a loan because I'm not resident there and no Canadian bank will give me a loan while I'm only on a temporary visa!
I know exactly what you mean, The waiting even began to strain my almost infinite patience. Hang in there, it'll come.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 3:45 pm
Best place on earth. BC.

MegRobEarlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you end up having to get medicals for your NA Children??
Old Jan 25th 2013, 3:49 pm
Stress Junkie

Originally Posted by MegRobEarlee
Did you end up having to get medicals for your NA Children??
No as there was no way I could do that short of kidnapping my children (criminal record not really something I wanted). so had to get a statutory declaration signed by a notary public.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by martyjay
Decision made!!! (honestly thought it would never happen). How long til the email? Lol
Congratulations....everyone seems to be hearing great news..... we're next?!
Old Jan 25th 2013, 4:20 pm
Best place on earth. BC.

MegRobEarlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by martyjay
No as there was no way I could do that short of kidnapping my children (criminal record not really something I wanted). so had to get a statutory declaration signed by a notary public.
Isnt it odd that sometimes they want you to bend over backwards to get the meds and sometimes the declaration is enough? I guess it depends on who reviews your case.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

wesbray is an unknown quantity at this point

My ECAS says application was received in September and medical results have been received but nothing has changed in a long time...
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wesbray
My ECAS says application was received in September and medical results have been received but nothing has changed in a long time...
Don't stress, ours was received October 1St/medicals received and nothing has changed since then!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:26 am
Just Joined

worldtrekker is an unknown quantity at this point

A quick addition to this thread, just as a bit of a warning to new applicants.

My husband and I applied for our spousal visa through the London Embassy in *December 2011* -- with me as a US citizen, him as UK citizen, both currently based in the UK and intending to relocate to the States.

Despite there being no particularly hitches or complications with our application, boy, was the process slooooooooow... Our visa was finally granted in *January 2013*, over a year later!

So, if you're applying for a spousal visa, make sure to get started with it well in advance of any plans to leave.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worldtrekker
A quick addition to this thread, just as a bit of a warning to new applicants.

My husband and I applied for our spousal visa through the London Embassy in *December 2011* -- with me as a US citizen, him as UK citizen, both currently based in the UK and intending to relocate to the States.

Despite there being no particularly hitches or complications with our application, boy, was the process slooooooooow... Our visa was finally granted in *January 2013*, over a year later!

So, if you're applying for a spousal visa, make sure to get started with it well in advance of any plans to leave.
I'm confused - this is a spousal visa for the States you are talking about yes?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Wrong forum I guess.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

worldtrekker is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, a visa for my British spouse to be resident and work in the States. Apologies if it's in the wrong forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.