Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 8th 2012, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Grrrr! Good news - ish! I got a response to my email. They have tried to mail my COPR to me, but it got returned. The annoying thing is that I live in an apartment building, and they won't add my surname to the tennant list, because i am not a registered tennant. Obviously as we're not married, my boyfriend and I have different surnames! Normally they leave a card to say they tried to deliver, but it's obviously gone missing. So frustrating! Anyway, I have emailed them back asking them to send it again, and see if they can add my boyfriends name to the envelope and give me a tracking number so that at least I can track when it is supposed to be here. I can then at least go to the post office and collect it! Ooooh so annoying. Just another reason on my growing list to absolutely hate our landlord!!!
Old Feb 8th 2012, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

How very frustrating Victorfoxtrot!! I'd be livid.. well what else can you do? No one else feels the intense need to get your life on a normal track... just you and your partner. It's maddening. Here's hoping you get it without problems this time around.

Thanks you helpful ones as always, I've emailed a request for an update since we haven't even got notice that our app was received in London. Let's see what they say. I'd be happy with the standard "Everything is fine, go away for a while and let us work"
Old Feb 8th 2012, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

sky_summers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Grrrr! Good news - ish! I got a response to my email. They have tried to mail my COPR to me, but it got returned. The annoying thing is that I live in an apartment building, and they won't add my surname to the tennant list, because i am not a registered tennant. Obviously as we're not married, my boyfriend and I have different surnames! Normally they leave a card to say they tried to deliver, but it's obviously gone missing. So frustrating! Anyway, I have emailed them back asking them to send it again, and see if they can add my boyfriends name to the envelope and give me a tracking number so that at least I can track when it is supposed to be here. I can then at least go to the post office and collect it! Ooooh so annoying. Just another reason on my growing list to absolutely hate our landlord!!!
Great news . At least you know exactly where you are at now! Still frustrating for you I know, knowing you should have had your letter by now. But hey, you're almost there now!
Old Feb 8th 2012, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Can you not request any mail you are sent is held somewhere once it is sorted, before it is sent out for delivery? I believe you can do this with Canada post for a weekly fee, I heard somebody paying for it before in the Post office.. This would be ideal for you because you could go in every few days to check..
Old Feb 8th 2012, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Finally received confirmation that all was received in Mississauga, didn't realise that would take as long as it did. Onwards and upwards now!
Old Feb 8th 2012, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Can you not request any mail you are sent is held somewhere once it is sorted, before it is sent out for delivery? I believe you can do this with Canada post for a weekly fee, I heard somebody paying for it before in the Post office.. This would be ideal for you because you could go in every few days to check..
Oooh that is a good idea, thanks for the suggestion, might just do that for a couple of weeks. I would just like them to confirm they are going to re-send under my boyfriends name.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, victorfoxtrot, how frustrating.....this journey is difficult enough without the added extra bumps in the road!
Old Feb 8th 2012, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Screenwriter is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Putting together out outland application for spousal sponsorship.
What did everyone put for there contact information?

I'm currently in Canada but I'll be returning home in May to wait until the visa comes through. Although it says it will send things via email I know a lot of you have got things through the mail, so should I put my UK address on there as I assume I'd want my COPR to go there and not to my husbands address in Canada?
Old Feb 8th 2012, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Foxtrot. I almost laughed-almost... when i read this as its kinda sums up the process in one neat bundle. You are so nearly there with the CIC- well untill you go for Citzenship...
Old Feb 9th 2012, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Screenwriter
Hi all,

I'm currently in Canada but I'll be returning home in May to wait until the visa comes through. Although it says it will send things via email I know a lot of you have got things through the mail, so should I put my UK address on there as I assume I'd want my COPR to go there and not to my husbands address in Canada?
So as to not confuse them with your application, I would assume you would want to put down your current address in Canada. If you put down your UK address it would look like you are currently living there and would then have to alter parts of the application to back this up..

I would include a extra page written explaining your situation, for either route you take. No harm in doing this
Old Feb 9th 2012, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Screenwriter
Hi all,

I would also put your Canadian address, as this is currently where you are living. By the time May rolls around you should have had your first stage approval which is either email or letter, but that should arrive whilst you are still in Canada. I would then update your file - (you can do this on Ecas you'll get the details along with the sponsor approval) - with your UK address, and then the COPR will get sent there.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

I would also put your Canadian address, as this is currently where you are living. By the time May rolls around you should have had your first stage approval which is either email or letter, but that should arrive whilst you are still in Canada. I would then update your file - (you can do this on Ecas you'll get the details along with the sponsor approval) - with your UK address, and then the COPR will get sent there.
Would you think its safe to assume any recent applications will be getting COPR's now and not PPR. By recent I mean applied within the last month? I applied Jan and would MUCH prefer the COPR
Old Feb 9th 2012, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Would you think its safe to assume any recent applications will be getting COPR's now and not PPR. By recent I mean applied within the last month? I applied Jan and would MUCH prefer the COPR
Apologies: can I naively ask for an explanation of abbreviations PPR and COPR and their differences?
Old Feb 9th 2012, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by conjonway
Apologies: can I naively ask for an explanation of abbreviations PPR and COPR and their differences?
PPR - PassPort Request
COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency

CIC announced that as of 1st Dec they would no longer send a PPR to applicants from visitor visa exempt countries. Typically you had to send in your passport and wait for around 6 weeks for them to post it back with your visa in it.

Now they are instead just mailing out (by recorded delivery) the COPR, so no need to send in your passport.

Since 1st Dec it has been clear though that they have been phasing it out, rather than stopping immediately, as there have still been a few examples of people getting PPR rather than COPR. But it does seem that they've moved past that now.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 3:24 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

PPR - PassPort Request
COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency

CIC announced that as of 1st Dec they would no longer send a PPR to applicants from visitor visa exempt countries. Typically you had to send in your passport and wait for around 6 weeks for them to post it back with your visa in it.

Now they are instead just mailing out (by recorded delivery) the COPR, so no need to send in your passport.

Since 1st Dec it has been clear though that they have been phasing it out, rather than stopping immediately, as there have still been a few examples of people getting PPR rather than COPR. But it does seem that they've moved past that now.

1. Close but no cigar. CHC sends a PPR and you send a copy of every page of your passport. Then CHC sends you a plain paper copy of COPR, no longer the carbon interleave form.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.