Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 21st 2012, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck_eh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by 123me
I am confused, did you get your UCI # and approval all in one day?
Yes. I cant believe it myself! They are having a "Speedy Gonzales" day i guess. I know its uncanny but I think they are really determined to decrease backlog due to Christmas. I hope those who are waiting with us will get some form of acknowledgment soon from CIC Mississauga.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Canuck_eh
Yes. I cant believe it myself! They are having a "Speedy Gonzales" day i guess. I know its uncanny but I think they are really determined to decrease backlog due to Christmas. I hope those who are waiting with us will get some form of acknowledgment soon from CIC Mississauga.

Wow, that is great. I had to re-read who sent the posts because at first I thought I was reading things. Then I quickly checked our status...no change
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Wow, that is great. I had to re-read who sent the posts because at first I thought I was reading things. Then I quickly checked our status...no change
Atleast you got your medical acknowledged so that is another step forward and a very good sign that things are looking up. As they said "Patience is a virtue". Perhaps you will hear something soon. Hang in there 123me.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

merylbaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys! I got my approval today! Wippppeeee!!!!! I am absolutely over the moon. All the hard work of filling up the application paid off! Here's the gist of the email.

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of your spouse xxxxx.

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.

Thanks to all as its great to share such experiences. I hope that stage 2 will not be too long now - needless to say that we will patiently wait.
wow that is fantastic! pleased for you. I checked my emails again by nothing Where is the 2nd part of your application being processed?
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by merylbaz
wow that is fantastic! pleased for you. I checked my emails again by nothing Where is the 2nd part of your application being processed?
In london so we are hoping that will hear soon again but I think I will leave my inbox alone for a week or so to keep me sane! he he he

Hang in there and fingers crossed your much awaited email will arrive.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Atleast you got your medical acknowledged so that is another step forward and a very good sign that things are looking up. As they said "Patience is a virtue". Perhaps you will hear something soon. Hang in there 123me.
I don't really expect to hear anything till February to be honest. I am happy if my husband can move here by March. He usually comes for the month of March, so for him to come in March again, and get to stay, that will be awesome.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't really expect to hear anything till February to be honest. I am happy if my husband can move here by March. He usually comes for the month of March, so for him to come in March again, and get to stay, that will be awesome.
Fab news everyone!! Lovely to see the processing time is speeding up again and the good news seems to be coming through thick & fast since xmas right?!

Hoping we'll have our sponsorship approval sometime within the next 3 weeks!
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lozzyblue
Fab news everyone!! Lovely to see the processing time is speeding up again and the good news seems to be coming through thick & fast since xmas right?!

Hoping we'll have our sponsorship approval sometime within the next 3 weeks!
I hope to hear within that time too. Looking at your timeline, ours was recieved a week before yours, lets hope they keep up the good work
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope to hear within that time too. Looking at your timeline, ours was recieved a week before yours, lets hope they keep up the good work
Great well I'll be watching with interest as to when you hear something!!
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Hi Merylbaz, I am in the process of applying my daughters born in uk. I am canadian living in uk - did you only have to send birth certificate and your canadian citizenship card as proof of identification? Many thanks for any comment.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Merylbaz, I am in the process of applying my daughters born in uk. I am canadian living in uk - did you only have to send birth certificate and your canadian citizenship card as proof of identification? Many thanks for any comment.
Hi Canuck_eh, I did send my birth certificate, after getting a new one as mine was an old Quebec one which was no longer eligable and I had to send my fathers birth certificate as I had lived out of Canada longer than 4 years prior to 1977, and I had to send my marriage certificate as my name was not the same as on my birth certificate, phew!!
But these may not all apply to you of course
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Canuck_eh, I did send my birth certificate, after getting a new one as mine was an old Quebec one which was no longer eligable and I had to send my fathers birth certificate as I had lived out of Canada longer than 4 years prior to 1977, and I had to send my marriage certificate as my name was not the same as on my birth certificate, phew!!
But these may not all apply to you of course
Hi Merylbaz, thanks for the info. I was not born in canada but naturalized so will probably send my citizenship certificate, kid's birth cert, our marriage certificate re: change of lastname and kid's brit passports. Hopefully that's all they need. Did they request any medical records from birth to present? Cheers
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Good news people!! I got an email from the ecas tracker to say my file had been updated and yes, finally a decision has been made. Ecas now says this when I log in:

We received VICTORFOXTROT'S application for permanent residence on August 30, 2011.
We started processing VICTORFOXTROT's application on January 17, 2012.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on VICTORFOXTROT's application. The office will contact VICTORFOXTROT concerning this decision.

So now I guess I just have to wait for the COPR to arrive in the post. Let's hope it is next week......then we can make a trip to Buffalo next weekend and land! Yay.

So Janham....you are next!
WOW great! sorry only just seen yours and 123me s comments not sure they came on my email notification as usual but with all the packing up the house business I may have missed them.

Fantastic news Victorfoxtrot so pleased will now read the posts after this which I should have done first but was too excited

Last edited by janham; Jan 23rd 2012 at 5:01 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

victorfoxtrot, I am a lady, just so you know.
Me too lol
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Merylbaz, thanks for the info. I was not born in canada but naturalized so will probably send my citizenship certificate, kid's birth cert, our marriage certificate re: change of lastname and kid's brit passports. Hopefully that's all they need. Did they request any medical records from birth to present? Cheers
No, didn't send any medical info, did have to send photos though, sure they had to be done to specification.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.