Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:27 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
PHEW! Rang CIC this morning and my application has FINALLY been opened.
Was opened this morning, still no sponsorship approval but at least I know its on its way. 74 days to be opened, their timeline is definitely not 55 days. And going by my application they are working on applications received the 13th January, not the 25th.
Thanks for the update, that's certainly encouraging! I'm planning on calling this week to see if there's any progress, and then will try again next week. Good they at least told you it's been opened, which means you'll hopefully hear something in the next 1-2 weeks (that's what the bloke I spoke to on the phone told me - 1-2 weeks post-opening is when you normally hear).

Fingers crossed... such madness...
Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck_eh is an unknown quantity at this point

WEHEY! Congrats Shudda! I am happy for you. Sleepless nights are over and time to celebrate. Am doing happy dance for you!
Old Mar 27th 2012, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shudda
It's official!!! COPR arrived today in Canada WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't thank each and every one of you enough. You have been the strength when I needed it the most. I'm so grateful for everything you've all done. THANK YOU!!!

peng, good luck with the move xxx
Great news Shudda and it has been a pleasure chatting with you on here!
Old Mar 27th 2012, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by peng
Who was this quote from? For the Anglo-Pacific one its woth checking if you have sole use of a cotnainer or if it is shared use- the shared takes longer than the other. Also i think i read quite a lot of bad feedback about Anglo-Pacific - Id probably use them as a bargining chip more than a use to ship company. GB Liners gave me an over the phone quote of £4000-4500 subject to them coming around. My three to sue from reviews are Pickford, Crown and GB Liners. But everyone - except BG liners has some bad review or another.
Peng would you mind if you can disclose where you found the comments for the shipping companies. We just contacted GB Liners to inquire and we will be scheduling a visit to get some quotes. We are looking to get a sole container so we are not waiting on anyone else.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Canuck_eh
Peng would you mind if you can disclose where you found the comments for the shipping companies. We just contacted GB Liners to inquire and we will be scheduling a visit to get some quotes. We are looking to get a sole container so we are not waiting on anyone else.
Check out this thread by our very own 123me

Does the link below help? I posted that question on here a month or so ago.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743285

Also if you do a general search you find more info- though a lot of stuff on people moving to Canada. Lastly I think i read some stuff on the canadavisa forum too.

Shudda- so pleased for you!!!- does this mean the big US trip is off?
Old Mar 28th 2012, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

COPR TODAY!! WOOO!!

Still deciding when to go bordering! Will let you know when it's all settled.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Canuck_eh!

Carrin - YAY!!! So happy for you! Man it feels good eh?

peng, we're in NYC at the moment. We'd planned to stay here until the end of May so we're sitting down today and deciding what we're going to do. We may still stay as planned or "land" and start our wonderful Canadian life sooner! Eiik!
Old Mar 28th 2012, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

nalin56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yay! My mum just called to tell me that my COPR has arrived in Scotland! Im so surprised it was done so quickly (applied via spousal route on 15th nov 2011)
I need some advice. I am staying with my husband in Vancouver just now. I am here as a tourist. If my mum sends the paperwork to me can i cross the border and land on the way back or should i go to the UK and land on my return? Also, i have some things im planning to ship over in August, how does that work when i land?
Old Mar 28th 2012, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by peng
Check out this thread by our very own 123me

Does the link below help? I posted that question on here a month or so ago.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743285

Also if you do a general search you find more info- though a lot of stuff on people moving to Canada. Lastly I think i read some stuff on the canadavisa forum too.

Shudda- so pleased for you!!!- does this mean the big US trip is off?
Thanks Peng the link was most helpful. We are now narrowing it down to 3 GB Liners, White and Company and Anglo pacific.

Carrin congrats to you as well! All the best on your move.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carrin
COPR TODAY!! WOOO!!

Still deciding when to go bordering! Will let you know when it's all settled.
Great to hear Carrin!!!!! I think everyone will have landed before my husband...but that is okay, at least we are all, or most of us are now finished this long process (November applicants)!
Old Mar 28th 2012, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nalin56
Yay! My mum just called to tell me that my COPR has arrived in Scotland! Im so surprised it was done so quickly (applied via spousal route on 15th nov 2011)
I need some advice. I am staying with my husband in Vancouver just now. I am here as a tourist. If my mum sends the paperwork to me can i cross the border and land on the way back or should i go to the UK and land on my return? Also, i have some things im planning to ship over in August, how does that work when i land?
Hi There
i was staying here in calgary when my COPR arrived and i was a little worried which was the best way to do my landing, when you get your paper work you will get a phone number on there that you can call to see if you can do your landing in your local office. I called and there was a six weeks waiting list, so i was told to just go the US border and tell them that you only want to enter for the purposes of immigration, the border control staff at the montana border were really nice, they told us that it would not be recorded on our passports that we were refused( this is what we were worried about) we had to collect some paper work from the US office then we just went back to the canadian border and explained again what we were doing, then went and filled out all the paper work with the canadian officer...so easy and not as scary as i thought it would be...much much cheaper than flying back home>> hope this has helped you...good luck and congratulations
Old Mar 28th 2012, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

nalin56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ivesy
Hi There
i was staying here in calgary when my COPR arrived and i was a little worried which was the best way to do my landing, when you get your paper work you will get a phone number on there that you can call to see if you can do your landing in your local office. I called and there was a six weeks waiting list, so i was told to just go the US border and tell them that you only want to enter for the purposes of immigration, the border control staff at the montana border were really nice, they told us that it would not be recorded on our passports that we were refused( this is what we were worried about) we had to collect some paper work from the US office then we just went back to the canadian border and explained again what we were doing, then went and filled out all the paper work with the canadian officer...so easy and not as scary as i thought it would be...much much cheaper than flying back home>> hope this has helped you...good luck and congratulations
Thanks ivesy! Were you staying in canada as a tourist at that time? Also, if i went into the states for a couple of days could i land on the way back or do i need to do a quick turn around? We are only 30 mins drive from the border so its no problem but we often go down for a couple of days at a time. Did you ship anything from the uk? From what i understand i would have to make a list of the goods im shipping in august to present to immigration when landing?
Old Mar 28th 2012, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nalin56
Thanks ivesy! Were you staying in canada as a tourist at that time? Also, if i went into the states for a couple of days could i land on the way back or do i need to do a quick turn around? We are only 30 mins drive from the border so its no problem but we often go down for a couple of days at a time. Did you ship anything from the uk? From what i understand i would have to make a list of the goods im shipping in august to present to immigration when landing?
I was on a six months visitors visa here staying with my husband, and i shipped my belongings over as we left the uk , immigrations border control when you collect your belongings ( just get you to sign paper work saying that you are not bringing anything else into canada at a later date. If your not far from the border of course you can go into the us and make a few days trip of it and then just do your landing on the way back, you might need to tell them that is what your doing...Good luck
Old Mar 28th 2012, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ivesy
I was on a six months visitors visa here staying with my husband, and i shipped my belongings over as we left the uk , immigrations border control when you collect your belongings ( just get you to sign paper work saying that you are not bringing anything else into canada at a later date. If your not far from the border of course you can go into the us and make a few days trip of it and then just do your landing on the way back, you might need to tell them that is what your doing...Good luck
Also i had a company ship my belongings out that may be why i didnt need to make a list as the company did this on my behalf
ivesy
Old Mar 28th 2012, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Canuck_eh
Thanks Peng the link was most helpful. We are now narrowing it down to 3 GB Liners, White and Company and Anglo pacific.

Carrin congrats to you as well! All the best on your move.
Please share your quotes-if you don't mind that is.

Congarats Carrin!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.