Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 20th 2012, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

CanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of light
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by 123me
My husband and I have never spent more then a month at a time together (since 1977 & 1984), as we have lived in separate countries for years. I am counting down the days till he gets here.....48!
Wow, I can't imagine how you did that... I hate the distance, ok there is skype and email, but the difference in time zones makes it very challenging, especially with little ones. There is rarely a time where both of us are free and awake at the same time

Difficult to grow as a couple together when your daily life is totally different.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shudda
US TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! US TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!! So glad we stayed on the exact same timeline Lots of love!! Fingers crossed the mail man comes soon with definite good news
Many congrats Shudda, how very very exciting don't know what we'll all do now we don't have to check the flippin E-cas; oh yes I do sort and wait for the PR card which I am doing at present oh and get a job then
Old Mar 20th 2012, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Maz_C is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone! I wanted to post my timeline, I just found out we received sponsorship approval. We had to call CIC, still haven't received any email notification. It took a bit longer than the time they're listing on the website unfortunately...fingers crossed for London to be quicker!

Spousal app (outland)Rec'd in Mississauga 06/01/12
Sponsorship Approved 16/03/12
Old Mar 20th 2012, 10:56 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz_C
Hi everyone! I wanted to post my timeline, I just found out we received sponsorship approval. We had to call CIC, still haven't received any email notification. It took a bit longer than the time they're listing on the website unfortunately...fingers crossed for London to be quicker!

Hi Maz_C, thanks for the info! Today was Day 55 of my application, so as soon as the date on the website changes I'll be calling! Can I ask which number you called? Saves me hunting for it.

Cheers!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Maz_C is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi SchnookoLoly, no problem:

1-888-242‑2100

I think mine took a while longer than some - I saw that people who had applied around the same time got approval in late Feb. Good luck!!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Not been around for a few days as life is very busy but really pleased to see so much progress on checking in this morning! Congrats to everyone

Must be our turn soon.....
Old Mar 21st 2012, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lozzyblue
Not been around for a few days as life is very busy but really pleased to see so much progress on checking in this morning! Congrats to everyone

lozzyblue- your application is going crazy fast!!
Old Mar 21st 2012, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update Maz_c, makes me feel more comfortable about mine that arrived on the 13th Jan.. would hope approval is coming in the next few days judging by if you got your approval on the 16th!

Did you only call the CIC once or did you call them a few times?
Old Mar 21st 2012, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lozzyblue

Think I'm next after you! Shall be staring at your timeline for the next few weeks
Old Mar 21st 2012, 3:22 am
Just Joined

CanuckColleen1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Hi Maz_C, thanks for the info! Today was Day 55 of my application, so as soon as the date on the website changes I'll be calling! Can I ask which number you called? Saves me hunting for it.

Cheers!
I'm on the almost exact same timeline as you Maz_C. Received in Mississauga on 5 Jan, received approval on 16 March. Didn't receive email either - called CIC but had to call a different number as I'm in the UK and the 888 number doesn't work unless you are in Canada... let me know if anyone needs it!
Old Mar 21st 2012, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
lozzyblue- your application is going crazy fast!!
do you think?! I still think 123me was quicker!
Old Mar 21st 2012, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by conjonway
Think I'm next after you! Shall be staring at your timeline for the next few weeks
Yay! Will keep my fingers crossed for some good news for you conjonway
Old Mar 21st 2012, 3:27 am
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Make sure you check your spouse's email as well - as I've just chased my application up, and apparently it was sent to London on the 20th February, and an email was sent to the sponsor that approved had been granted.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 3:46 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanuckColleen1972
I'm on the almost exact same timeline as you Maz_C. Received in Mississauga on 5 Jan, received approval on 16 March. Didn't receive email either - called CIC but had to call a different number as I'm in the UK and the 888 number doesn't work unless you are in Canada... let me know if anyone needs it!
Yes please!! I'm in the UK.

Today is now Day 56 of my application and I'm getting increasingly worried that I haven't heard anything yet but at least the posts of people having not heard anything with applications before mine makes me feel a bit better about it. Can't help but wonder if there's some other delay or whatever... but certainly nothing in my email, which includes the spam folder! (I'm the sponsor.)
Old Mar 21st 2012, 4:54 am
Just Joined

CanuckColleen1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Yes please!! I'm in the UK.

Today is now Day 56 of my application and I'm getting increasingly worried that I haven't heard anything yet but at least the posts of people having not heard anything with applications before mine makes me feel a bit better about it. Can't help but wonder if there's some other delay or whatever... but certainly nothing in my email, which includes the spam folder! (I'm the sponsor.)
I was the exact same but called this number and they asked loads of info from me (names, dobs, address, date submitted, etc, etc) and then said that they had good news and that it had been apoproved on the 16th and that an email had been sent. They also confirmed my email address and said it was sent to that one, even though I've checked my spam and everything and no sign of it. Then he said it may take as long as 5 days to receive. I was able to get my client id number from him now though,so it isn't a big deal if i don't get the email ever!

The number you need to call is:
001 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)
Eventually after all of that you get through to a person and just let them know you are waiting for your sponsorship approval, and that the website is showing they are working on 25 Jan applications, and yours was signed for on ?? day. They should be able to help you. You need a receipt number though or some other number that they can track you by - I used my receipt number.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.