Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Wikiposts

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 19th 2012, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Screenwriter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Another probably silly question but did you include the checklist pages as well? x
Old Mar 19th 2012, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 123me
Carrin, you should be next!
Wonderful news Shudda and Peng!! So pleased for all of you!!

For us... nothing yet. Emailed them about the lost medicals but just getting the form letter response so far. Very... very... frustrating.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by CanAngel
Well I think it will last for a little while, it is just very exciting for us to officially start the waiting game. We had been waiting for what seems to be a long while... See we're both on a second marriage, but to get there, he had to finalize his divorce as he was separated when we met. His ex wanted to do the divorce on her terms, so we had a good long waiting game until we could get married. Had to change our date twice too! I had been working on the "final" application for 6 months when we finally tied the know at the end of February...

So you see, it IS exciting to enter the waiting game
Crikey, I can see why you're excited and relieved to have it "off your desk" and where it needs to be.

I see like me you're having to jump through the additional Quebec hoops. All of this swift processing in London is really encouraging but it seems from the various spreadsheets I've been looking at that Mississauga have been slowing down a bit in the last couple of weeks so I'm worried about that. Plus I keep reading horror stories of people who were awaiting their sponsor approval letter for months after being getting approval by email and so were not being able to get things moving with Quebec in any sort of timely manner. I think I'll be more relaxed when I know everything is in London. But probably not really as my moving date will probably be uncomfortably close by then.

I still live in fear of the letter requesting additional medical stuff as well. Hopefully nothing will be needed.

Congrats to those who got their approval today!
Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

merylbaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Yay, congratulations Peng and Shudda!!!! Hopefully going by your timelimes I should hear something soon
Old Mar 19th 2012, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Screenwriter
Another probably silly question but did you include the checklist pages as well? x
Yes, check off the forms on the checklists, and then include the checklist pages!
Old Mar 19th 2012, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

CanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Deficient
Plus I keep reading horror stories of people who were awaiting their sponsor approval letter for months after being getting approval by email and so were not being able to get things moving with Quebec in any sort of timely manner.
But Quebec will take a printout of the sponsorship approval email, no need to send in the letter. I will certainly not be waiting for an official letter, I already have all the paperwork ready to go - yup, all of the 3 forms needed
Old Mar 19th 2012, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by CanAngel
But Quebec will take a printout of the sponsorship approval email, no need to send in the letter. I will certainly not be waiting for an official letter, I already have all the paperwork ready to go - yup, all of the 3 forms needed
Same here, my app is ready to go, no timewasting! I didn't think Quebec would just accept the email, that is good to know.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 9:03 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Still waiting for mine which was received 13th Jan. I rang them again today and the lady took every possible bit of information including the Canada post tracking number as they still dont have anything on file for me or my sponsor. She has initiated a search for it what ever that means. frustrating!! I know it was delivered 13th Jan and thats it.
Okay, that's worrying... I'll wait until they change the processing date on the website and then give them a call if I don't hear anything before then... I definitely remember seeing on Royal Mail's site that it had been received and signed for, though I can't remember the name, will dig through my email just in case. Ack!

Originally Posted by screenwriter
What order did everyone follow for the checklists? The document checklist - sponsor and then document checklist immigrant do not match up.

Is it a case of just putting it together as best as possible?
We noticed that as well, I think we followed the checklist, since that's what you have to include, and we also included a table of contents and split it as:

-Sponsor forms
-Sponsored person forms
-Additional information - sponsor
-Additional information - sponsored person
-Appendices (this is where we put stuff like the lease, photos, cards, bills, bank accounts, etc etc etc - then everywhere on the forms that said "please provide additional info" we just put a sheet that said "IMMxxxx, Question x: For additional proof of a genuine and continuing relationship, please refer to the following appendices included with our application package:
Appendix A: Copy of residential lease
Appendix B: Photos and evidence of trips together
etc etc etc
Old Mar 19th 2012, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Email from the High Commission today.

MEDICALS RECEIVED!!

Oh thank goodness. Now to finalize the whole big deal. Soon hopefully soon.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carrin

MEDICALS RECEIVED!!

Great to hear. It will be any day now! Are you both in England?
Old Mar 20th 2012, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 123me
Great to hear. It will be any day now! Are you both in England?
No 123me.. we are both in Canada. After almost a year he's really antsy to start working and we can have that nice normal life together. Really - REALLY - can't wait.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

No 123me.. we are both in Canada. After almost a year he's really antsy to start working and we can have that nice normal life together. Really - REALLY - can't wait.
I bet he is antsy to start working, and yes a normal life is what I am looking forward to as well. My husband and I have never spent more then a month at a time together (since 1977 & 1984), as we have lived in separate countries for years. I am counting down the days till he gets here.....48!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point

MEDICALS RECEIVED!!

That is good news and thanks for the good wishes. Im sure yours will fly through now. 123me was really quick once they got the extra bits. From the statitics i was looking at im sure they are trying to hit the lowest time possible - its interesting that almost 2 months to the day we got ours through.

We had Pickford visit last week- we will get the quote through tomorrow. We need a 20ft container. Has anyonelse had quotes/move experainces to share.

We are in full job search mode- hopefully my letter will be in hand tommorrow.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

MEDICALS RECEIVED!!

Yay carrin! Must be nice to hear of progress! Hopefully Decision made by the end of the week
Old Mar 20th 2012, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

CanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Deficient
Same here, my app is ready to go, no timewasting! I didn't think Quebec would just accept the email, that is good to know.
Well, the MICC website says:

"Have in hand your sponsorship letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) which confirms that your sponsorship is approved
If your sponsorship application is approved, CIC will notify you by letter and invite you to continue the process by submitting an undertaking application to the MICC.
This letter is very important since it constitutes proof that your sponsorship application was submitted to and approved by CIC.
* You must forward a copy of this letter to the MICC when submitting your undertaking application, accompanied by the fees payable and all required forms."

but the checklist that you send in with your application says to enclose:

"a copy of the letter or email received from Citizenship and Immigration Canada confirming that your
sponsorship application is approved
Note: This is the letter or email addressed to the sponsor (guarantor), not to the sponsored person. If you do
not enclose this letter or email, your application will be returned to you."

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q.../checklist.pdf

Most likely because CIC does not communicate by mail if you provide an email address.
I am going to send in the email

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.