Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 26th 2020, 6:38 pm
  #16306  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 8
mckayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Hello All,

Just received the PPR today for my spouse/PA. The application was processed at the London Visa Office.

The letter seems verbose and unclear where the passport should be sent to in London. PA is residing in Nigeria at the moment.

Last edited by mckayne; Aug 26th 2020 at 6:43 pm.
mckayne is offline  
Old Aug 26th 2020, 7:55 pm
  #16307  
BE Forum Addict
 
Hurlabrick's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: London, ON
Posts: 2,485
Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by mckayne View Post
Hello All,

Just received the PPR today for my spouse/PA. The application was processed at the London Visa Office.

The letter seems verbose and unclear where the passport should be sent to in London. PA is residing in Nigeria at the moment.
Canada House,
Trafalgar Square,
London
SW1Y 5BJ
Hurlabrick is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2021, 2:31 pm
  #16308  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 1
richardwhitehurst71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Hi team

I am currently living in the UK and my fiancee and I have applied for an outland spousal visa and looking for any indication of how long is left after the application moves from IRCC to Ottawa Visa Office. From researching it looks like it can be from 2 months to 8 months but wondering if anyone had any recent experience.

The stages we have passed so far:
  • June 2020 - Application Submited
  • January 2021 - AOR
  • January 2021 - Biometrics and Medical Requested, Submitted and Passed
  • January 2021 - Spousal sponsorship approved
  • January 2021 - Application moved to Ottawa Visa Office
Thanks all! Richard
richardwhitehurst71 is offline  
Old Feb 20th 2021, 1:39 pm
  #16309  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 1
benjifletch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Afternoon Everyone,

Has anyone who had submitted an Offshore spousal visa last year Jan 2020 on wards received their COPR?
My Application was accepted 10 January 2020 and transferred to the London Office August the 13th, obviously they aren't providing any time lines currently on the delay COVID has caused, but id just like to know if anyone is in the same boat or has received anything this year from the London office.
My visa is apparently on the final stages but where in the pile on the persons desk I do not know.
benjifletch is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2021, 2:45 pm
  #16310  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 11
JDS83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Hello all,

Would really appreciate your help and advice with regards to preparing to move to Canada (on the assumption my PR application is approved). I received an email today that my application was received by the London UK office for eligibility/admissibility. Whilst the email notes this process could take another 6 months+, I'm curious to understand the timelines you've experienced over the last 3-6 months given the somewhat relaxation of lockdown rules/return to office working in the UK.

Our hope is to complete our move to Canada by May 2022, in time to ensure our children are registered to start school in September. On the point of kids, interestingly, whilst my PR application has progressed, the application for their Canadian citizenship hasn't had any updates since online submission in January.

I would be keen to understand at what point prior to approval, did any of you take steps for your move i.e. selling house, shipping possessions etc...

I'm also trying to understand the dual intent possibility. Is it possible to move to Canada prior to my PR approval and my children's citizenship being granted? Can my wife and I continue working for our UK companies in Canada whilst awaiting approval?

Any advice or help would be much appreciated, particularly to help set my expectations and help us plan our move effectively.

Many thanks in advance. JD
JDS83 is offline  
Old Jun 18th 2021, 4:04 pm
  #16311  
BE Forum Addict
 
Hurlabrick's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: London, ON
Posts: 2,485
Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by JDS83 View Post
Whilst the email notes this process could take another 6 months+, I'm curious to understand the timelines you've experienced over the last 3-6 months given the somewhat relaxation of lockdown rules/return to office working in the UK.
Can't help you here. I would be certain things are hugely backed-up in London VO, best to assume at least 6 months, probably more.

Originally Posted by JDS83 View Post
Our hope is to complete our move to Canada by May 2022, in time to ensure our children are registered to start school in September. On the point of kids, interestingly, whilst my PR application has progressed, the application for their Canadian citizenship hasn't had any updates since online submission in January.
I would guess May 2022 is do-able. You really need to get your kids citizenship, THEN their Canadian passports sorted out first.

Originally Posted by JDS83 View Post
I would be keen to understand at what point prior to approval, did any of you take steps for your move i.e. selling house, shipping possessions etc...
I would start selling the house in the UK once you get your PR Sponsorship CoPR. That form will have a date by which you must land in Canada and declare PR by, usually a few months after the CoPR is issued. This is NOT necessarily the date you must emigrate by, you could land in Canada, activate your PR then return to the UK on the next flight to sell up and move to Canada for good many months later. Have a good read of the wiki link regarding the lading process here:

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

Originally Posted by JDS83 View Post
I'm also trying to understand the dual intent possibility. Is it possible to move to Canada prior to my PR approval and my children's citizenship being granted?
I am not sure about your kids citizenship, you might have to wait for this. But YOU can go to Canada under 'dual intent' before your spousal PR is finalised. Have a read of the wiki link here:

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...d:_Dual_Intent

Originally Posted by JDS83 View Post
Can my wife and I continue working for our UK companies in Canada whilst awaiting approval?
I am not absolutely certain, but AIUI yes, you could continue to work for your UK employer remotely as long as your work has nothing to do with Canada (i.e. your company does not have you working with a Canada-based client). I am sure others will chime in here on something more definitive.
Hurlabrick is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2021, 9:25 am
  #16312  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 11
JDS83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Many thanks Hurlabrick much appreciated. Yeah the Children's citizenship is the one which is somewhat troubling me at the moment as it's been 6 months now. I'll probably reach out to IRCC to hopefully try getting an update on this.

I'm sure this has been possibly posted elsewhere, but could anyone recommend shippers, money transfer services or any other services we will need to use in our move please? I'm keen to get an idea on costs and ensure we budget appropriately for our move. Many thanks again in advance.

JDS
JDS83 is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2021, 9:32 am
  #16313  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,257
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by JDS83 View Post
Many thanks Hurlabrick much appreciated. Yeah the Children's citizenship is the one which is somewhat troubling me at the moment as it's been 6 months now. I'll probably reach out to IRCC to hopefully try getting an update on this.

I'm sure this has been possibly posted elsewhere, but could anyone recommend shippers, money transfer services or any other services we will need to use in our move please? I'm keen to get an idea on costs and ensure we budget appropriately for our move. Many thanks again in advance.

JDS
I wouldn't worry about the citizenship, as timescales are much longer than 6 months so you're well within the processing time. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ing-times.html

For advice on shippers, money transfer etc, please start a new thread in the main Canada forum.

Thanks, and good luck.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2021, 9:37 am
  #16314  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 11
JDS83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Thanks christmasoompa . Wow when I submitted the citizenship application back in Jan 21, the processing time was 4-5 months, not 15!!!!

Will do re: moving services. Cheers again.
JDS83 is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2021, 2:19 pm
  #16315  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by JDS83 View Post
Many thanks Hurlabrick much appreciated. Yeah the Children's citizenship is the one which is somewhat troubling me at the moment as it's been 6 months now. I'll probably reach out to IRCC to hopefully try getting an update on this.

I'm sure this has been possibly posted elsewhere, but could anyone recommend shippers, money transfer services or any other services we will need to use in our move please? I'm keen to get an idea on costs and ensure we budget appropriately for our move. Many thanks again in advance.

JDS
Did you apply directly to the London High Commission? You can also apply for their passports to be processed concurrently.. under 'urgent processing' if you need to come to Canada earlier than 15 months... do you know if they have started processing the citizenship application? (they should have returned the backing documentation if they have)

The initial application overview is done at the High Commission of Canada, generally within 4 weeks of receiving your application. Any original supporting documentation is returned to the applicant within this time, along with confirmation that the application has been forwarded to the Registrar of Canadian Citizenship in Sydney, Nova Scotia for processing.
Citizenship Certificate: https://www.canadainternational.gc.c....aspx?lang=eng
Passport: https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/consular_services_consulaires/passports_checklist_child-enfant_verification_passeports.aspx?lang=eng

If you are moving to Canada in the near future, please visit the CIC website for information on URGENT processing
Dual Canadian citizens impacted by eTA can apply for a proof of citizenship urgently. To qualify, you must:
  • also be a citizen of a visa-exempt country
  • have proof of air travel to Canada within 6 months following the date of application and
  • have applied at the same time for a citizenship certificate and a Canadian passport

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 21st 2021 at 2:24 pm. Reason: fixed quote
Siouxie is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2021, 3:25 pm
  #16316  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 11
JDS83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Thanks Siouxie . No I applied for their citizenship online through my IRCC account. The status hasn't been updated since January though when the application was read/received.

I would be tempted to submit an urgent processing request, though not sure if any of the documentation I have would make the citizenship application urgent. In your experience, would reference to my PR application help or be considered in this case?

I suppose my concern with the processing times as they stand, is that the children's citizenship could be granted in March next year, by which point I would hope my PR is approved. I would then need to add another 10 weeks (at a guess?) to then get the children's CAD passports before we can all move?
JDS83 is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2021, 6:14 pm
  #16317  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by JDS83 View Post
Thanks Siouxie . No I applied for their citizenship online through my IRCC account. The status hasn't been updated since January though when the application was read/received.

I would be tempted to submit an urgent processing request, though not sure if any of the documentation I have would make the citizenship application urgent. In your experience, would reference to my PR application help or be considered in this case?

I suppose my concern with the processing times as they stand, is that the children's citizenship could be granted in March next year, by which point I would hope my PR is approved. I would then need to add another 10 weeks (at a guess?) to then get the children's CAD passports before we can all move?
How did you apply through your MyCIC account if you are not a permanent resident? - Even the Grant of Citizenship application for online is only available to a few..
A new online citizenship application (e-app) is now available for some randomly selected applicants.
I believe that it might be quicket to resubmit a paper application - .. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...hip/apply.html

The package includes the instruction guide, forms and document checklist.

You must
  • download and print the checklist and the forms
  • fill out all the forms
  • include all documents listed in the document checklist
Dual citizens are able to get urgent processing if they are likely to be travelling to Canada in the next 6 months from time of application.. if you are considering dual intent, it might be worth applying for urgent processing - but regardless you should apply for both citizenship and passports..

Where to submit your proof of citizenship application

United Kingdom

Submit your completed application form and all documents to the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate that serves the area.

Do not submit your application to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney, Nova Scotia. If you do
  • CPC may have to contact the embassy, high commission or consulate in your area to validate your documents
  • this can add 6 to 8 months of delays to the processing time

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 21st 2021 at 6:31 pm.
Siouxie is offline  
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 3:36 pm
  #16318  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 11
JDS83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Since reading your reply Siouxie I've been scrambling to find out if I've screwed up my kid's citizenship application!!

I can't remember where (nor can I find it on the website) but yes, through my CIC account, it allowed me to submit both citizenship applications. To your point though, it should have gone in paper form to the London UK office....

I phoned them this morning in addition to submitting a webform query to IRCC, and the high commission suggested waiting to hear back from IRCC before resubmitting if needed. They did say though, that they've had a number of applications submitted online so I can only hope and pray that I don't need to resubmit.

Reading about the urgent processing, is there anything I can mention or provide now to make the application urgent? It's too early for us to provide the items requested (i.e. job offer, lease, sale of house, airline tickets), but would reference to my PR help at all?

Last edited by JDS83; Jun 22nd 2021 at 3:40 pm.
JDS83 is offline  
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 6:52 pm
  #16319  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by JDS83 View Post
Since reading your reply Siouxie I've been scrambling to find out if I've screwed up my kid's citizenship application!!

I can't remember where (nor can I find it on the website) but yes, through my CIC account, it allowed me to submit both citizenship applications. To your point though, it should have gone in paper form to the London UK office....

I phoned them this morning in addition to submitting a webform query to IRCC, and the high commission suggested waiting to hear back from IRCC before resubmitting if needed. They did say though, that they've had a number of applications submitted online so I can only hope and pray that I don't need to resubmit.

Reading about the urgent processing, is there anything I can mention or provide now to make the application urgent? It's too early for us to provide the items requested (i.e. job offer, lease, sale of house, airline tickets), but would reference to my PR help at all?
They may have updated the way you can apply for proof of Citizenship.. I can only go on what I have read on the official website.... fingers crossed for you!
To apply for Urgent Processing you have to have applied for BOTH their proof of Citizenship and their Passports at the same time.. .. and perhaps your spouse has to return to Canada with your children prior to your PR coming through, arrangements for the return to Canada - a job interview or somesuch.. (in theory).. so would need their passports / Citizenship.- Dual Nationality children

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 22nd 2021 at 6:55 pm.
Siouxie is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.