Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 4th 2018, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by andrewjc
Update - COPR arrived today.

2 errors showing on it, it shows marital status as single when I am married and it is my wife who has sponsored me. It also shows last entry date as 2013 when I arrived under dual intent 2017. Do I need to contact the LVO to get this information amended or can I flagpole and get this changed on entry?
Thanks
Great isn't it! I would get the CoPR amended to show your correct marital status, but wouldn't bother about last entry date (although I suppose if you are getting it amended anyway, worth mentioning it).
Old Jul 4th 2018, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottymcd7
1. UK citizen on Spousal route is exempt form visa. I know I'd normally need an ETA if I was travelling.
Wiki is your friend! http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...need_an_eTA.3F

. I see it asks for any amendments to passport pages. Since submitting the initial application I've travelled to Canada where we went to the USA for a day or so, and as such have new immigration stamps. I take it I should submit these pages along with the bio page? (I'll submit them anyway but was just looking to see if anyone else has been in the same boat).

This refers to amendments like name changes on the formal page marked 'amendments' - not to recent trips and entry stamps
Old Jul 4th 2018, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

andrewjc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Great isn't it! I would get the CoPR amended to show your correct marital status, but wouldn't bother about last entry date (although I suppose if you are getting it amended anyway, worth mentioning it).
Do you know how I would go about getting this done? I have sent a case specific enquiry webform already, is there anything else to be done?

Thanks
Old Jul 4th 2018, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by andrewjc
Do you know how I would go about getting this done? I have sent a case specific enquiry webform already, is there anything else to be done?

Thanks
Yep - case specific query as you have done!
Old Jul 5th 2018, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick questions ... once you get your COPR ... can you travel back and forth while waiting for the PR landing card? Can you also now work?
Old Jul 5th 2018, 12:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FARAH1305
Just a quick questions ... once you get your COPR ... can you travel back and forth while waiting for the PR landing card? Can you also now work?

The COPR is the document that enables you to "land" as a Permanent Resident. Once your COPR is validated, signed by a CBSA officer at the 'landing interview' and you have been given a copy, you can leave Canada, however, you will need a PRTD to return if you don't have a PR card https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...e-arrival.html and http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/helpcen...num=605&top=10

Yes, you can work once you have landed as a PR and have a Social Insurance Number (Sin#) which can be obtained at any Service Canada office.
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-...vices/sin.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 5th 2018 at 1:02 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by FARAH1305
What Souxie said. So no, you can't easily travel back and forth until you get your PR Card, which could take 2 - 4 months from landing. If you fly out of Canada before you get your PR Card, you would need a PRTD issued by the local Canadian embassy of the country you are visiting before you will be allowed to board a return flight.

You can of course DRIVE (private car) to and from the USA, but you would need to show the border guys your stamped CoPR. Alternatively, you could drive to a US airport and travel to and from the US airport (of course you would need an ESTA etc.).
Old Jul 9th 2018, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

HerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Hello we having had a request for the Background Check, we sent the police check on Friday to the London office - so they should receive it today; however I'm curious how long a wait we have now until the portal changes to 'Background Check in Progress'?
And then, following that, how long does it take on average to change to 'Decision Made'?

Thank you !
HM
Old Jul 9th 2018, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HerMadge
Hello we having had a request for the Background Check, we sent the police check on Friday to the London office - so they should receive it today; however I'm curious how long a wait we have now until the portal changes to 'Background Check in Progress'?
And then, following that, how long does it take on average to change to 'Decision Made'?

Thank you !
HM
suggest you check the track8ng spreadsheet in my signature line for real world timescales. I dont really know what you mean by 'we having had a request for the background check'. CIC dont 'request' a background check from you, this is the final stage they go through once they are sure you are eligible and before decision made. I wonder if all they have asked for is you police cert - which is not the same thing?

BUT, once your case shows background check in progress, it normally takes anywhere from a couple of days to 2-3 weeks to get to decision made.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

HerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond reputeHerMadge has a reputation beyond repute

suggest you check the track8ng spreadsheet in my signature line for real world timescales. I dont really know what you mean by 'we having had a request for the background check'. CIC dont 'request' a background check from you, this is the final stage they go through once they are sure you are eligible and before decision made. I wonder if all they have asked for is you police cert - which is not the same thing?

BUT, once your case shows background check in progress, it normally takes anywhere from a couple of days to 2-3 weeks to get to decision made.
Thank you Hurlabrick - it's sounding positive!
To clarify, I'm not the one accessing the portal, it's my partner so he's said that they requested additional documents, and a link for Police Cert.
I'm guessing after this, the Background check to be moved to 'in progress' - if everything is as expected.

Thanks
HM
Old Jul 9th 2018, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you Hurlabrick - it's sounding positive!
To clarify, I'm not the one accessing the portal, it's my partner so he's said that they requested additional documents, and a link for Police Cert.
I'm guessing after this, the Background check to be moved to 'in progress' - if everything is as expected.

Thanks
HM
As all they have done is requested the police cert, then they have not yet started assessing PA eligibility, so I think you are still a long way from background checks on the PA starting. I would guess at 2 - 4 months yet I'm afraid....
Old Jul 9th 2018, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

As all they have done is requested the police cert, then they have not yet started assessing PA eligibility, so I think you are still a long way from background checks on the PA starting. I would guess at 2 - 4 months yet I'm afraid....
I think we are on the 'request for extra documentation' stage.
We had a note on the portal requesting 'extra documentation' - which was for his police certification.
We already provided a background check, with the original application.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 10:17 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I think we are on the 'request for extra documentation' stage.
We had a note on the portal requesting 'extra documentation' - which was for his police certification.
We already provided a background check, with the original application.

Sometimes they will request an updated form (background check) as well as Police Certificate, so you may want to keep an eye open for that too, just in case.

Old Jul 10th 2018, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

amyg339 is an unknown quantity at this point

APPLICATION ACCEPTED 🎉🎊🎉

recieved Tuesday 3rd July.

Recieved through mycic waiting for COPR through post now. How long does it usually take?
Old Jul 10th 2018, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Sometimes they will request an updated form (background check) as well as Police Certificate, so you may want to keep an eye open for that too, just in case.

Thanks, that one has been done too. I really don't think there is much left to do, so hopefully it's a fairly straight forward process from here on out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.