Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 10th 2019, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by glb19
Will check the post when I get home, but we've had the approval letter uploaded on MyCIC and the progress bar has completed
Prior to getting your CoPR. Did your progress bar move along as you met your milestones?

What was your progress bar estimate completion date prior to completion?
Old Apr 10th 2019, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

no real plan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hottawa
Hi everyone, we've got an update (I think/hope)! I was able to log into ECAS today using our receipt number - it says that they received our application on March 11 and started processing it on April 9. I've still not got an email from them but we've got our fingers crossed we'll get AOR1 in the next few days. Would be gutted if it turns out we're missing a signature or something!
Congrats! This is how mine started. Then a day or two later my sponsor got an email, then we could log into GCkey.
Old Apr 11th 2019, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

glb19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FARAH1305
Prior to getting your CoPR. Did your progress bar move along as you met your milestones?

What was your progress bar estimate completion date prior to completion?
The progress bar is pointless - it just puts the estimated completion date a year from the date your application was received. It doesn't change based on when you complete different parts, it only ticks down by months. It went from 8 months remaining to completed in the same day.

I'm not really sure what their reasoning for doing a progress bar is, maybe just to stop people whose applications are taking a longer period of time from contacting them and enquiring about it.
Old Apr 11th 2019, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute

The progress bar is pointless - it just puts the estimated completion date a year from the date your application was received. It doesn't change based on when you complete different parts, it only ticks down by months. It went from 8 months remaining to completed in the same day.

I'm not really sure what their reasoning for doing a progress bar is, maybe just to stop people whose applications are taking a longer period of time from contacting them and enquiring about it.
This is very good to know. Thank you
Old Apr 11th 2019, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - precisely! I think it will backfire on CIC, as people now see this end date almost as a guarantee - it most certainly isnt.
Old Apr 11th 2019, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Hottawa is an unknown quantity at this point

Aaand we got AOR1 a few hours later, we're buzzing! I've just started trying with GCKey, I understand it can take awhile to get the right combo. Thanks for the congrats!
Old Apr 13th 2019, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Final spreadsheet update from me - physical COPR received in the post today.
Old Apr 13th 2019, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

no real plan is an unknown quantity at this point

Final spreadsheet update from me - physical COPR received in the post today.
Congrats! I was right behind you in timeline, but sadly I still haven’t even got Decision Made in ECAS yet. Hopefully soon!

Out of interest, the COPR in the post, did you have to sign for it? Arrive by Royal Mail?
Old Apr 14th 2019, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by no real plan
Out of interest, the COPR in the post, did you have to sign for it? Arrive by Royal Mail?
Yes and yes.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 7:10 am
Just Joined

koaski is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning all!

I was browsing another forum last night and came across a thread that has got me worried about our own application.

Basically the OP had failed to declare being arrested on his Schedule A as he'd read the questions and none specifically said arrested but now faced inadmissibility for misrepresentation.

My own story:
A very long time ago as a stupid 13 yearold boy I was arrested for shoplifting. Nothing much came of it but I was take down to the local station and cautioned by the police.

When I went to Canada on IEC back in 2013 I declared this to CIC as part of the application which asked if I'd ever been arrested even though there was nothing on my police certificate.

For our PR application, just like the OP, I didn't see a question on Schedule A that specifically said arrested so I didn't tick yes to any of the boxes as I assumed 'detained, incarcerated or put in jail' meant actually being locked up rather than just getting a telling off. But now I'm questioning that decision...

Questions:
1. Will this cause any problems? Have I misrepresented having told CIC about it before but not now?
2. Should I try and correct this with CIC?
3. Is that even possible now the application has been submitted and is in process?

Any advice? Thanks!

Old Apr 15th 2019, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koaski
Morning all!

I was browsing another forum last night and came across a thread that has got me worried about our own application.

Basically the OP had failed to declare being arrested on his Schedule A as he'd read the questions and none specifically said arrested but now faced inadmissibility for misrepresentation.

My own story:
A very long time ago as a stupid 13 yearold boy I was arrested for shoplifting. Nothing much came of it but I was take down to the local station and cautioned by the police.

When I went to Canada on IEC back in 2013 I declared this to CIC as part of the application which asked if I'd ever been arrested even though there was nothing on my police certificate.

For our PR application, just like the OP, I didn't see a question on Schedule A that specifically said arrested so I didn't tick yes to any of the boxes as I assumed 'detained, incarcerated or put in jail' meant actually being locked up rather than just getting a telling off. But now I'm questioning that decision...

Questions:
1. Will this cause any problems? Have I misrepresented having told CIC about it before but not now?
2. Should I try and correct this with CIC?
3. Is that even possible now the application has been submitted and is in process?

Any advice? Thanks!
You must advise IRCC of your mistake now and of course it is possible to add or correct information once submitted. Explain it like you gave here on a case specific enquiry and attach a new version of the relevant form sign scanned and correctly completed. Unlikely to cause a problem, but you must be honest (although you made an honest mistake). I am sure you are not the first person to not understand that 'detained' includes 'arrested' that. CIC may have seen.

Last edited by Hurlabrick; Apr 15th 2019 at 12:04 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
You must advise IRCC of your mistake now and of course it is possible to add or correct information once submitted. Explain it like you gave here on a case specific enquiry and attach a new version of the relevant form sign scanned and correctly completed. Unlikely to cause a problem, but you must be honest (although you made an honest mistake). I am sure you are not the first person to not understand that 'detained' includes 'arrested' that. CIC may have seen.
Thanks Hurlabrick, I'll do that tonight.

I guess better me realising first and trying to make it better than waiting for CIC to work it out on their own! My mother always said this would come back to haunt me...

Should I try and upload a whole new Schedule A through the case specific enquiry or just a written explanation and see if they request a new form?
Old Apr 15th 2019, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by koaski
Should I try and upload a whole new Schedule A through the case specific enquiry or just a written explanation and see if they request a new form?
On IMM5669 there is a section at the end of Q2 (I assume it is 2j you have 'fallen foul' of?) where you can provide details. Put your explanation and details there and send in the new schedule A as a replacement. Explain briefly on the case specific query form why you are sending a new schedule A and that it was an honest mistake on your part through misunderstanding the question.

Old Apr 15th 2019, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
On IMM5669 there is a section at the end of Q2 (I assume it is 2j you have 'fallen foul' of?) where you can provide details. Put your explanation and details there and send in the new schedule A as a replacement. Explain briefly on the case specific query form why you are sending a new schedule A and that it was an honest mistake on your part through misunderstanding the question.
Brilliant, thanks again Hurlabrick!
Old Apr 26th 2019, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Hottawa is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning all! We just got our sponsor approval today, and our biometrics request! Just want to confirm my understanding, is London the only place in the UK where he can give his biometrics? Bit of a faff to head down from Scotland just for that...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.