British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Bali2010 Mar 18th 2010 10:09 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Gaz

That is great & such a relief.
:thumbsup:
Bali

LinsyPinsy Mar 18th 2010 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8429413)
Hi Martin and Gang

Im the bearer of some exciting NEWS :thumbsup:

Received an email off CHC today :eek:

"Good morning,

Your documents were fine and I am about to send you medical instructions and a document request today. You may take your medical examinations with a DMP in Canada - that is not a problem"

EXCELLENT NEWS :thumbsup:

IM SOOOO OVER THE MOON

Thanks guys for all the help and support over the last YEAR seems like years

We are due to fly over on the 7th May hence i inquired about the possibility if PR was looming around our departure date could we take Meds in Canada

I think we have around 7 weeks from tomorrow to take meds (hopefully no complications there) and pick our visas up..

Its probably borderline but doable (was gonna write acheivable but i cant spell it lol)

Good Luck everyone else.... :fingerscrossed:

Gaz

:thumbsup:I am so pleased for you!!! :thumbsup:Just shows you its worth fighting your corner. Really delighted for you :D

oceaneoneill Mar 19th 2010 12:18 am

Hi Martin and Gang

"Good morning,

Your documents were fine and I am about to send you medical instructions and a document request today. You may take your medical examinations with a DMP in Canada - that is not a problem"

IM SOOOO OVER THE MOON

We are due to fly over on the 7th May hence i inquired about the possibility if PR was looming around our departure date could we take Meds in Canada

I think we have around 7 weeks from tomorrow to take meds (hopefully no complications there) and pick our visas up..

Its probably borderline but doable (was gonna write acheivable but i cant spell it lol)

Gaz

Wow!!!!! HUGE Congrats:thumbsup:

oceaneoneill Mar 19th 2010 12:22 am

[QUOTE=purple80;8429735]Most of us have requested email contact, just send a case specific email.

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemai...mission=london

Charlie

Aha great!! Thanks Charlie - I'll send them an e-mail - do I just put my file number in the subject line..?

cheers again
Oceane

purple80 Mar 19th 2010 3:32 am

[QUOTE=oceaneoneill;8430998]

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8429735)
Most of us have requested email contact, just send a case specific email.

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemai...mission=london

Charlie

Aha great!! Thanks Charlie - I'll send them an e-mail - do I just put my file number in the subject line..?

cheers again
Oceane

Yes, put in your most recent file number, doesn't hurt to put in name and address as well.

Charlie

Funky Florist Mar 19th 2010 9:03 am

As an avid reader, but seldom commentator, on this extraordinarily useful forum, I just wanted to let you know we got our 120 day email today. Speedy turnaround from Canada! We hope to submit documents to London by the end of the month.

You guys are so helpful, and as we're keeping our application quite secret at the mo, it's nice to be able to tell someone!

Martin99 Mar 19th 2010 9:30 am

Hi Martin and Gang

"Good morning,

IM SOOOO OVER THE MOON

Gaz

Gaz

I am absolutely delighted for you. What a relief!

Now you can begin planning the next chapter of your life. What a fantastic thought.

All the very best. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Mar 19th 2010 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Funky Florist (Post 8431753)
As an avid reader, but seldom commentator, on this extraordinarily useful forum, I just wanted to let you know we got our 120 day email today. Speedy turnaround from Canada! We hope to submit documents to London by the end of the month.

You guys are so helpful, and as we're keeping our application quite secret at the mo, it's nice to be able to tell someone!

Congratulations and welcome to the thread!

Cheers

Martin

Gaz67 Mar 19th 2010 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Martin99 (Post 8431798)
Gaz

I am absolutely delighted for you. What a relief!

Now you can begin planning the next chapter of your life. What a fantastic thought.

All the very best. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martin

Thanx Martin...:)

A relief indeed after not knowing what way it was gonna go with the new submitted docs... at least they made the right decision :thumbup:

So Plan A is still on track will be booking meds as soon as the med requests letter arrive , if it doesnt come in the afternoon post I will ring and arrange meds anyway knowing the letter is imminent..

On this point im just wondering if i need to quote a reference as such for arranging the medical? or its just the letter we need to take with us!!

Its took a bit of stress off my mind and searching for an LMO need not happen now :p

Cheers
Gaz

Gaz67 Mar 19th 2010 11:03 am

Cheers Bali, Lins and Ocean :p

Was worth all that document and certification chasing :rofl:

Good Luck with all the rest of you :thumbup:

Your support and wishes of good luck helped me out for sure ...

Also the excellent Lady Laura I got from CHC was SUPERDOOPER in her correspondence and her prompt emails ...

I should send her a nice box of chocs or flowers!! :eek:

Gaz

Martin99 Mar 19th 2010 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Gaz67 (Post 8431997)
Thanx Martin...:)

A relief indeed after not knowing what way it was gonna go with the new submitted docs... at least they made the right decision :thumbup:

So Plan A is still on track will be booking meds as soon as the med requests letter arrive , if it doesnt come in the afternoon post I will ring and arrange meds anyway knowing the letter is imminent..

On this point im just wondering if i need to quote a reference as such for arranging the medical? or its just the letter we need to take with us!!

Its took a bit of stress off my mind and searching for an LMO need not happen now :p

Cheers
Gaz

You can probably go ahead and book the medicals, Gaz. However, you will need to take the letter/forms they send you when you actually go for the tests.

Cheers

Martin

tracys Mar 19th 2010 7:06 pm

Hi all,

Just recieved e-mail from our lawyer that they have recieved our 120 day e-mail! Am so excited, one step closer to Canada!

They seem to be going through the applications really fast now, wasn't expecting to hear until at least 9th April at the earliest :D Maybe we will get to Canada in 2010 after all:fingerscrossed:

I can't stop smiling, anyone would think I'd won the lotto:lol: Goodness knows what I'll be like if we ever get our visa's:fingerscrossed:

Now how do I go about getting police certs and photos? ......... Any links much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, from a very excited and happy Tracy

LinsyPinsy Mar 19th 2010 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by tracys (Post 8432981)
Hi all,

Just recieved e-mail from our lawyer that they have recieved our 120 day e-mail! Am so excited, one step closer to Canada!

They seem to be going through the applications really fast now, wasn't expecting to hear until at least 9th April at the earliest :D Maybe we will get to Canada in 2010 after all:fingerscrossed:

I can't stop smiling, anyone would think I'd won the lotto:lol: Goodness knows what I'll be like if we ever get our visa's:fingerscrossed:

Now how do I go about getting police certs and photos? ......... Any links much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, from a very excited and happy Tracy

Excellent, really pleased for you. Its a great feeling isn't it.
Photos..we went to Snappy Snaps. They have places all over the country.
Police certs...http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...rity/index.asp

tracys Mar 19th 2010 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8432992)
Excellent, really pleased for you. Its a great feeling isn't it.
Photos..we went to Snappy Snaps. They have places all over the country.
Police certs...http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...rity/index.asp

Cheers Linsy, will google our nearest SS for photos when I have stopped jumping round the room:rofl:

Tracy

Bali2010 Mar 19th 2010 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by Funky Florist (Post 8431753)

congrats
....and I know what you mean about not be able to tell everyone - I find it v strange

Originally Posted by tracys (Post 8432981)
Hi all,

great news