British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Pudseytwo Mar 16th 2010 7:49 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Ours has been 'in process' since the 27th January and no requests for med's yet either :(

BumbleBeeUK Mar 16th 2010 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Brunti (Post 8422897)
I'm really sorry if this has been asked and answered before but I can't seem to find it on here. I have received my 120 day e mail and I am now ready to send everything off to London. I am sending a copy of the original application forms which were initially sent to Sydney. However I note on the Immigration website it states that you should send a copy of the documents with your original signature. The copy I am sending has a copy of the original signature. If that makes sense?? Am I reading too much into this or should I add a further original signature next to the copy signature?

Thanks

I am pretty sure we sent copies of the original application. i had a cover letter that was signed... and then of course all the stuff that has been notarized. surely wouldnt hurt to sign again though

BumbleBeeUK Mar 16th 2010 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8423281)
We got a letter via post with the new number on it. Tried to log on to ecas last night but I think it was down?!?
lns

HI LP
we have two different numbers as well. Mine works when i use the B number sent first time round... have you managed to get in yet? You know they only update it on tuesdays. We seem to always get our letters on a saturday and then the online tool is updated by wednesday reflecting the letter we received at the weekend.

bb

purple80 Mar 16th 2010 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8423281)
We got a letter via post with the new number on it. Tried to log on to ecas last night but I think it was down?!?
lns

What are you putting in as your place of birth?

purple80 Mar 16th 2010 8:43 pm

Our update

We had to go and renew WP today, when we were at the Immigration desk we were chatting to the IO about our future plans. She asked if we were planning to file for PR, we said that we had already, she checks the computer to see if she can tell us anything.

She looks at the screen, mutters a bit, turns to colleague and says what does that mean, he responds that he is not sure.....Now the paranoia has well and truly set in.

They still let us back into Canada,, so can't be all bad, can it?

So the waiting continues.....

Charlie

LinsyPinsy Mar 16th 2010 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by BumbleBeeUK (Post 8424984)
HI LP
we have two different numbers as well. Mine works when i use the B number sent first time round... have you managed to get in yet? You know they only update it on tuesdays. We seem to always get our letters on a saturday and then the online tool is updated by wednesday reflecting the letter we received at the weekend.

bb

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8425013)
What are you putting in as your place of birth?

I got in today, thanx...yeh....i think it was definately down when I tried yesterday.

lins

AmyDavid Mar 16th 2010 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8425024)
Our update

We had to go and renew WP today, when we were at the Immigration desk we were chatting to the IO about our future plans. She asked if we were planning to file for PR, we said that we had already, she checks the computer to see if she can tell us anything.

She looks at the screen, mutters a bit, turns to colleague and says what does that mean, he responds that he is not sure.....Now the paranoia has well and truly set in.

They still let us back into Canada,, so can't be all bad, can it?

So the waiting continues.....

Charlie

lol and they didn't tell you what it said! ARGHHHHHHHH! How did you walk away without punching them all? lol

purple80 Mar 17th 2010 2:42 am

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 8425438)
lol and they didn't tell you what it said! ARGHHHHHHHH! How did you walk away without punching them all? lol

She said something like administration or administration stage one. She was so nice which is why she looked in the first place, to see if she could tell us anything. We are giving it one more week and then we will send an email.

Gaz67 Mar 17th 2010 9:38 am

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy (Post 8422191)
Us too...us too!!!
AOR today. Cant believe it!!!!!!!!
lins

Gratz Lins.... Gratz Lady Locket :0)

Gaz

oceaneoneill Mar 17th 2010 11:41 am

Hi All,
I'm a newbie to posting but wanted to add my timeline & get some moral support for the wait ahead. We're in London hoping to get to Vancouver - hubby is main applicant & we've got two littlies under 3...
Here's our timeline so far:

FSW CAT 1 sent to Sydney NS 12th Sep 09 arrived 18th Sep 09
Recce to Vancouver 19th Sep 09
120 day e-mail 17th Nov 09
full app delivered to CHC 2nd Feb 10
AOR & new file number 10th Feb 10

I'll prob have A LOT of questions :)

Oceane x

Binty Mar 17th 2010 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by oceaneoneill (Post 8426577)
Hi All,
I'm a newbie to posting but wanted to add my timeline & get some moral support for the wait ahead. We're in London hoping to get to Vancouver - hubby is main applicant & we've got two littlies under 3...

Oceane x

Hi Oceane,

Would just like to say 'welcome' and hope the remainder of your process goes smoothly :fingerscrossed:

Binty

cornishhouse Mar 17th 2010 2:22 pm

Hi All,

Oceane x

Hi Oceane

Welcome, hope all goes well, it really hard playing the waiting game, this forum really helps, as you can see we are all in the same boat. My husband is the main applicant, we are hopfully going to Ottawa. Good luck!
Lec

LaurenandLuke Mar 17th 2010 3:30 pm

Good Luck Oceane,

My hubby is principle applicant too, ours has just been received as you can see on my timeline. Bracing ourselves for an anxious but hopefully not to long a wait. Keeping everything crossed anyway :fingerscrossed:

We are in Cornwall, hoping to go to Canada for a recce in the summer :thumbup:

Martin99 Mar 17th 2010 4:22 pm

Hi All,

Oceane x

Welcome to the thread.

What does your ECAS status show?

Hope everything goes well for you. :fingerscrossed:

Cheers

Martin

Martin99 Mar 17th 2010 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 8425747)
She said something like administration or administration stage one. She was so nice which is why she looked in the first place, to see if she could tell us anything. We are giving it one more week and then we will send an email.

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: