British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

Salmanizak Nov 1st 2011 10:13 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Regarding the Feb-08 ~ Jun-10 'backlogs'; are there any good news / updates / expectations / Hopes ??? :confused:

juliyajones Nov 1st 2011 11:53 am

I'd be grateful to listen to of others' actual connection with the timeline between making a credit card applicatoin towards the CIO in Sydney, NS and finding the email acknowledgement. I've adopted previous posts and also the Trackitt information but there does not seem to be much precedent information to evaluate the efficiency from the new system.

My very own FSW application pack was received through the CIO on 17 June, 2009. Up to now, I've heard nothing. It might be good to listen to how others do with programs posted in say May and June this season.

Mac2 Nov 1st 2011 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Salmanizak (Post 9708011)
Regarding the Feb-08 ~ Jun-10 'backlogs'; are there any good news / updates / expectations / Hopes ??? :confused:

Hi,

Malco - March 9th 2010 AOR just got PPR on 28th October 2011. Most March / April 2010 AOR's are now at PPR or have their visa's, with a few exceptions still waiting. The latest 2010 MI1 steam FSW to get processed was sandsfamily with a May 8th 2010 AOR. Everyone after these dates in our stream is still waiting.

AmyDavid Nov 1st 2011 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by juliyajones (Post 9708139)
I'd be grateful to listen to of others' actual connection with the timeline between making a credit card applicatoin towards the CIO in Sydney, NS and finding the email acknowledgement. I've adopted previous posts and also the Trackitt information but there does not seem to be much precedent information to evaluate the efficiency from the new system.

My very own FSW application pack was received through the CIO on 17 June, 2009. Up to now, I've heard nothing. It might be good to listen to how others do with programs posted in say May and June this season.

Your pack went to CIO Sydney in June 2009 and you have heard nothing since? Do you mean 2009 at CIO Sydney or you do you mean 2009 at London?

christmasoompa Nov 1st 2011 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 9708891)
Your pack went to CIO Sydney in June 2009 and you have heard nothing since? Do you mean 2009 at CIO Sydney or you do you mean 2009 at London?

You are fab for trying to help, but just fyi, Juliyajones has left the building...........

helcat12 Nov 1st 2011 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 9708976)
You are fab for trying to help, but just fyi, Juliyajones has left the building...........

What?
So quickly?

Was it something we said.......:confused:

christmasoompa Nov 1st 2011 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by helcat12 (Post 9709176)
What?
So quickly?

Was it something we said.......:confused:

No, of course not - as if you lot could scare somebody away! Others on the forum might be able to, but that's a different story. ;):D

If somebody's karma button has disappeared, it just means they've been banned.

:)

helcat12 Nov 1st 2011 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 9709250)
No, of course not - as if you lot could scare somebody away! Others on the forum might be able to, but that's a different story. ;):D

If somebody's karma button has disappeared, it just means they've been banned.

:)

Ooooooh blimey:scaredhair:

Watching my Ps and Qs, then;)

sdo1982 Nov 2nd 2011 10:17 am

My docs got to London this Feb, according to London "we hope this case will move into active processing in the next few months" So basically 8 months after my AOR, add another 8 for processing and 4 to get meds out of the way and ill bet penny to a pound it will be bang on 20 months for processing.
TWP here we come then! :rofl:
I do however expect an announcement late this year or early next due to the political implications:

http://www.cireport.ca/2011/10/ndp-c...pplicants.html

I am hopeful as part of that report: "Kenney has said that any labour force growth will need to be completely supplied by immigration within five years."
So you never know maybe London might get some more budget / staff to help them out as I get the feeling they are swamped even with the new cap in place.

kat-b Nov 2nd 2011 1:41 pm

My account still isn't showing 'in process' and it been over 8 months since AOR!! So frustrating! I did send them an email but no acknowledgement. I just wish it would show on the system as at least then I would know something was happening! I guess I'm not the only person on this timeline though!! ;-)

Bali2010 Nov 2nd 2011 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 9710520)
My account still isn't showing 'in process' and it been over 8 months since AOR!! So frustrating! I did send them an email but no acknowledgement. I just wish it would show on the system as at least then I would know something was happening! I guess I'm not the only person on this timeline though!! ;-)

my AOR is July 2010 and I am still not in process:(

will be moving soon so when I update my address I will be looking to see if they put in process.

if the average is now 27 months, rather then 8-12 when I started that means another year if I am one of the 'average'. Could easily be July 2013 at this rate.

kat-b Nov 3rd 2011 2:36 am

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 9711356)

will be moving soon so when I update my address I will be looking to see if they put in process.

if the average is now 27 months, rather then 8-12 when I started that means another year if I am one of the 'average'. Could easily be July 2013 at this rate.

Oh wow that is depressing!! What category did you apply under? I wonder if it would be easier to try and apply for a job over there? Oh and I changed address recently too and sent them an email re this but no acknowledgement :-(

Bali2010 Nov 3rd 2011 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 9711713)
Oh wow that is depressing!! What category did you apply under? I wonder if it would be easier to try and apply for a job over there? Oh and I changed address recently too and sent them an email re this but no acknowledgement :-(

I applied under Financial manager which is not on the most recent list, so not sure if they put those not on the new list to the back of the queue or if it is just random.

will just wait & see if anything ever happens but moving on with life here regardless with a new job & relocation in UK

kat-b Nov 3rd 2011 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 9713454)
I applied under Financial manager which is not on the most recent list, so not sure if they put those not on the new list to the back of the queue or if it is just random.

will just wait & see if anything ever happens but moving on with life here regardless with a new job & relocation in UK

Yeah I applied under Restaurant Manager as it was the only thing on the list i had experience in. I'm a cop now. I think they have way too many applicants for that category too so maybe thats why mine is slow. Yeah I'm not in a great rush either but moving a year from now would be perfect! I might start looking at other options like job offers! Good luck :-)) Hope something happens for you soon!

rubberduckofdeath Nov 3rd 2011 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 9711356)

Most of us aren't "in process" in that period, you're not alone.