British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

kat-b Nov 3rd 2011 10:48 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath (Post 9713475)
Most of us aren't "in process" in that period, you're not alone.

It's always good to know you're not alone! :-)) I was starting to think it was just me!

rubberduckofdeath Nov 3rd 2011 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 9713481)
It's always good to know you're not alone! :-)) I was starting to think it was just me!

On ECAS I'm marked as "in process" but I'm not because it doesn't say anything about when they *started* processing my file. More waiting required!

The Sun Nov 25th 2011 5:03 am

What a standstill!!! FSW is like a forgotten programme by CIC offices

Dave n Ailsa Nov 25th 2011 5:12 pm

Thought I may as well join this little thread.

Fedex reports that our package was signed for this morning in Sydney NS.

I'll update my sig when anything happens.

diablorouge Nov 25th 2011 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by The Sun (Post 9753081)
What a standstill!!! FSW is like a forgotten programme by CIC offices

My wife and I have become so disillusioned with waiting to hear anything that we made the hard decision to withdraw our applications.
We sent a letter three weeks ago asking for a refund of our application fees and guess what? We have heard NOTHING

Midge

jamie677 Nov 25th 2011 5:43 pm

We are thinking of withdrawing our app too,had enough now.
Is it to late to get your fee back?

PMM Nov 25th 2011 7:15 pm

Hi

Originally Posted by jamie677 (Post 9753893)
We are thinking of withdrawing our app too,had enough now.
Is it to late to get your fee back?

If the application in London has gone into processing, most likely you aren't getting your fees back.

jamie677 Nov 25th 2011 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 9754046)
Hi

If the application in London has gone into processing, most likely you aren't getting your fees back.

Thanks, I thought it was too late

Mac2 Nov 26th 2011 7:32 am

Originally Posted by jamie677 (Post 9754239)
Thanks, I thought it was too late

Jamie 677,

Looking at your dates I would suggest that you are not 'in processing' and it is an ecas mistake. You only received AOR on 18th Feb 2011 and to be in process 4 days later would be exceptional for an MI-1 applicant! I am sure you would be entitled to your money back if you asked for it! Most MI-1's wait 8 months or more before going in process and then another year or so before CIC actually pick up your file and process it! Is it not worth you just forgetting about the application for now and get on with your UK life? 2012 is supposed to be a year when CIC are addressing the backlog of applicants, in another 6 months you may have a better idea where you stand.
Mac2

scotty1974 Nov 26th 2011 11:14 am

2012 is supposed to be a year when CIC are addressing the backlog of applicants, in another 6 months you may have a better idea where you stand.
:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

get the finger out CIC!!

jamie677 Nov 26th 2011 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Mac2 (Post 9754722)
Jamie 677,

Looking at your dates I would suggest that you are not 'in processing' and it is an ecas mistake. You only received AOR on 18th Feb 2011 and to be in process 4 days later would be exceptional for an MI-1 applicant! I am sure you would be entitled to your money back if you asked for it! Most MI-1's wait 8 months or more before going in process and then another year or so before CIC actually pick up your file and process it! Is it not worth you just forgetting about the application for now and get on with your UK life? 2012 is supposed to be a year when CIC are addressing the backlog of applicants, in another 6 months you may have a better idea where you stand.
Mac2

Yeah thanks we may just leave it in,it has been 14 mths since london uk have had our file,it took them 5 mths to send us an AOR not sure why that was.i m going to email and ask what our status is but doubt i will get much joy;) just all comes down to timing,my son leaves school in sept

99problems Nov 28th 2011 3:29 pm

For those of you (like us) who have been waiting more than a year since AOR, you may as well see it through now having done all that work. Pity is we want to move house in any event in next year or so but given property market rotten here may as well wait.

Have done 2 recce trips now and suppose the danger in an immigration system which takes years rather than months is that a decent proportion of applciants may die/change their minds/migrate elsewhere/lose interest. I guess I see it as if it comes good in 18mths time we shall have an interesting option available. Can't believe they charge money for this service....

diablorouge Nov 29th 2011 7:58 am

Originally Posted by 99problems (Post 9758159)
For those of you (like us) who have been waiting more than a year since AOR, you may as well see it through now having done all that work. Pity is we want to move house in any event in next year or so but given property market rotten here may as well wait.

Have done 2 recce trips now and suppose the danger in an immigration system which takes years rather than months is that a decent proportion of applciants may die/change their minds/migrate elsewhere/lose interest. I guess I see it as if it comes good in 18mths time we shall have an interesting option available. Can't believe they charge money for this service....

What Service? If only our own country was allowed to run its immigration system in the same way. Everybody and his uncle walks right in here and many don't even bother knocking.;)
We've still heard nothing with regard to the letter sent to London which is just unbelievable.

PortchesterRoyal Nov 29th 2011 10:34 am

After reading this post I feel a bit deflated now. My wife Debra is a Social Worker and we are going to send off our application in the New Year! Lets hope it speeds up next year!
If any anybody has any advice in relation to the application I would be most grateful:)

Thanks

John

Mac2 Nov 29th 2011 11:11 am

Originally Posted by PortchesterRoyal (Post 9759941)
After reading this post I feel a bit deflated now. My wife Debra is a Social Worker and we are going to send off our application in the New Year! Lets hope it speeds up next year!
If any anybody has any advice in relation to the application I would be most grateful:)

Thanks

John

Hi PortchesterRoyal,

You would be applying under the latest Ministerial Instructions (MI-3). These and MI-2 applicants are treated as a priority and are currently being processed in 6 - 12 months, a promised time we were told when we applied (We are MI-1 applicants). These timescales should not extend out as ours did, because of the cap on the numbers of new applicants in the later MI-2 and MI-3 streams. When we applied there was no cap and as you can see from our timeline we are now approaching two years and still waiting for medicals.