British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

joinerboy Jan 6th 2012 7:41 am

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

just noticed my typo in my last post
it should read as follows -
'It took me just 9 months to gain PR via FSW1 back in 2009'

nrh1981 Jan 6th 2012 12:21 pm

7months, 9months, still quicker than 99% of cases on here I would guess!! If nothing else it gives us all hope!

joinerboy Jan 6th 2012 12:54 pm

It was back in 2009 so not sure how much of a guide it will be to current processing timelines. But it shows how certain cases can be processed in a reasonable timeframe. I think as others have mentioned is that the London office now has is the increased volume of applications its having to process from outside the UK.
Hope you all hear positive news soon.

kat-b Jan 9th 2012 12:12 am

Congratulations to everyone who got theirs so fast! :-))

I wonder if it depends more on which job category you apply under, i applied under bar manager which was just a part time job as I finished my Masters a while ago but it was the only category i was eligible under. I think they have reached the Cap on this category under new system. Maybe they have way too many applicants for this and it goes to the bottom of the pile :-( God its frustrating! I just want to move already!! ;-)

Dave n Ailsa Jan 9th 2012 12:31 am

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 9829302)
Congratulations to everyone who got theirs so fast! :-))

I wonder if it depends more on which job category you apply under, i applied under bar manager which was just a part time job as I finished my Masters a while ago but it was the only category i was eligible under. I think they have reached the Cap on this category under new system. Maybe they have way too many applicants for this and it goes to the bottom of the pile :-( God its frustrating! I just want to move already!! ;-)

I really feel for you. We've only just applied and are already going stir-crazy :blink:

Hope you hear some positive news soon :fingerscrossed:

kat-b Jan 9th 2012 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa (Post 9829334)
I really feel for you. We've only just applied and are already going stir-crazy :blink:

Thanks :-)) I know i'm not the only person in this position though, fingers crossed for early this year!

Yours should move fast since you applied under the new new system! ;-)

Dave n Ailsa Jan 9th 2012 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 9830683)
Thanks :-)) I know i'm not the only person in this position though, fingers crossed for early this year!

Yours should move fast since you applied under the new new system! ;-)

Great, now I feel guilty :( ;)

kat-b Jan 9th 2012 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa (Post 9830700)
Great, now I feel guilty :( ;)

Hahaha no don't i'll be happy for you, well ok maybe a little envious too ;-) maybe you can find an extra job for me too once you get there, might speed up my app!

nrh1981 Jan 10th 2012 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa (Post 9829334)

Best of luck to you both. Currently the timescales appear to be 13 months from the point of application. Those unlucky enough to have been caught in the pre june 2010 dateline are not so lucky.

So fingers crossed you could be landing in April/May 2013. We applied back in February last year and we appear to be in the final steps now. Hopefully we will be over by early summer. :fingerscrossed:

diablorouge Jan 10th 2012 12:57 pm

As I posted last year, due to continuing movement of goalposts with regard to processing times my wife and I made the difficult choice to withdraw our applications. A letter was sent to London at start of October requesting that this was actioned. By the week prior to Xmas we had heard nothing from them so I sent an email stating the reason for our withdrawal (time being taken with the application and no information on progress from them) and that if they did not acknowledge our request that I would be left no choice but to make an official complaint.
I have just received an email acknowledging the withdrawal of our paperwork and that our fees would be refunded by bankers draft, BUT the draft may take up to 6 months to be sent to us.
You honestly couldn't make this stuff up, completely unprofessional and a great way of lining their coffers with interest on our money.

kat-b Jan 10th 2012 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by nrh1981 (Post 9832708)
Best of luck to you both. Currently the timescales appear to be 13 months from the point of application. Those unlucky enough to have been caught in the pre june 2010 dateline are not so lucky.

So fingers crossed you could be landing in April/May 2013. We applied back in February last year and we appear to be in the final steps now. Hopefully we will be over by early summer. :fingerscrossed:

Hi

Summer! Thats so exciting! :-)) I know I sent my initial application in April 2010 just before the rule change. We were all encouraged to do this incase the occupation list changed which thousands of other people probably did too! In hindsight it would have been better if I'd just waited as mine was still on the new list. No idea if it would have been possible to withdraw and resubmit! I guess I might as well just hold on now. Still better than being on the old old list I guess! ;-)

kat-b Jan 10th 2012 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by diablorouge (Post 9832736)
As I posted last year, due to continuing movement of goalposts with regard to processing times my wife and I made the difficult choice to withdraw our applications. A letter was sent to London at start of October requesting that this was actioned. By the week prior to Xmas we had heard nothing from them so I sent an email stating the reason for our withdrawal (time being taken with the application and no information on progress from them) and that if they did not acknowledge our request that I would be left no choice but to make an official complaint.
I have just received an email acknowledging the withdrawal of our paperwork and that our fees would be refunded by bankers draft, BUT the draft may take up to 6 months to be sent to us.
You honestly couldn't make this stuff up, completely unprofessional and a great way of lining their coffers with interest on our money.

Wow you got your AOR 4 months before me and still hadn't heard anything by end of last year! It really is a nightmare! At least if they gave you some kind of indication of the time period you could plan. It sucks waiting all this time and then there's still a chance you could be refused! Are you going to apply again under the new rules or move anywhere else?

Mac2 Jan 10th 2012 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 9832756)
Hi

Summer! Thats so exciting! :-)) I know I sent my initial application in April 2010 just before the rule change. We were all encouraged to do this incase the occupation list changed which thousands of other people probably did too! In hindsight it would have been better if I'd just waited as mine was still on the new list. No idea if it would have been possible to withdraw and resubmit! I guess I might as well just hold on now. Still better than being on the old old list I guess! ;-)

If your NOC is still on the list, then it may be worth you reapplying before you go in process. At least then you will be on the priority list and can expect roughly 12 months for processing and can get your money back for the current application. We got our AOR in May 2010 and we are still waiting!

kat-b Jan 10th 2012 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Mac2 (Post 9832783)
If your NOC is still on the list, then it may be worth you reapplying before you go in process. At least then you will be on the priority list and can expect roughly 12 months for processing and can get your money back for the current application. We got our AOR in May 2010 and we are still waiting!

Hi

The Cap has been reached for this year. I guess I could submit a new application for July 1st 2012 (not sure how this works. Do they just take the first 500 that arrive in the mail??). Its a little risky as its a popular category and 500 applications could easily arrive on the first day. Theres no guarantee it'll still be on the list either. I guess I could leave my current application in and put in a new one too. The way its looking my new one could be through before the other even goes to 'in process'

Thanks Mac2 I hadn't actually considered this properly until now and it does seem like an option. I still have all the letters, certificates etc. I'd just need to get copies notarised again and police certs, language tests etc. It wan't until i started reading other threads that I've realised it could actually take years under the 2008-2010 category!!!

Kat-B

nrh1981 Jan 10th 2012 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by kat-b (Post 9832881)
Hi

The Cap has been reached for this year. I guess I could submit a new application for July 1st 2012 (not sure how this works. Do they just take the first 500 that arrive in the mail??). Its a little risky as its a popular category and 500 applications could easily arrive on the first day. Theres no guarantee it'll still be on the list either. I guess I could leave my current application in and put in a new one too. The way its looking my new one could be through before the other even goes to 'in process'

Thanks Mac2 I hadn't actually considered this properly until now and it does seem like an option. I still have all the letters, certificates etc. I'd just need to get copies notarised again and police certs, language tests etc. It wan't until i started reading other threads that I've realised it could actually take years under the 2008-2010 category!!!

Kat-B

My understanding is that the cap applies to the first 500 that are registered. In order to be registered you need to apply with a complete application, which according to a Visa consultant i spoke with last year, 60% of applications are now returned first time around for errors. So i reckon you would be safe enough to check if its on the list then apply that day. You have the complete package and you know it was previously given an AOR.
If you send it before the date they announce it you would likely be rejected as it would fall under the previous period.