British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/timeline-fsw-application-cio-sydney-ns-621358/)

nrh1981 Mar 26th 2012 12:35 pm

Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by 99problems (Post 9972632)
Congrats to all getting movement/progress.

We are yet to hear anything though I read on another thread that CIC now expect to reach processing decisions for all Jun 2008 - July 2010 apps by June 2012. If you buy that. My concern is having to provide a new up to date employers reference as I have just started a new job and dont want to leave for at least another year. Is it normal to have to rpovide all new refs with your up to date background forms? Also am I right in thinking you dont have to submit your passport to get PR? I travel regularly through my job and couldn't surrender my passport for more than a week...awkward!

You have to surrender your passport still to get PR, but you can accelerate the process (normally 4-6weeks) down to 2 weeks if you take it there in person.

99problems Mar 26th 2012 3:43 pm

Hmm thanks. Seeing as I was self employed and still have the company prior to taking my current job, I am now contemplating writing as my own employer requesting a 2nd passport from poassport office whcih is legitimate when long visa apps take possession of you passport and you need to travel. Point is, you need to justify it with a supporting letter from your employer............

We'll see. Is there no system they operate for people who need to travel all the time?

Salmanizak Mar 26th 2012 7:16 pm

Congrats to all who's 'in process' state has actually become 'dynamic' now :)

I have also learned from various sources that wrap-up/finalization of 38-occupations applications is actively in process, particularly at London visa office. It appears they have these days started working on last 6 months' group of applications, submitted between Jan - June 2010.

I have also heard about many refusals though :o

Please comment to better understand the prevailing circumstances.

Hope and pray all goes well with everybody!

kat-b Mar 30th 2012 11:25 pm

I guess they have a lot more time now they have cancelled all pre 2008 applications!! What a nightmare for those people though.

So hopefully we'll hear soon although if they are clearing out the dead wood i'm scared i'll be rejected as not sure that my 'skills' are in demand now .......... i guess some movement is better than nothing! Roll on June........

Bali2010 Mar 31st 2012 12:21 am

I am on the list of 38 and just had my medical, so some movement.

kat-b Mar 31st 2012 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 9981285)

Oh that's good news! Hopefully the rest of us won't be too far behind :-)

Salmanizak Apr 1st 2012 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Bali2010 (Post 9981285)

Under what NOC did you apply?

The Sun Apr 2nd 2012 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Salmanizak (Post 9982994)
Under what NOC did you apply?

My friend, dont get worried any longer, as information has it, all those pre-June 2010 completed applications that were submitted to CHC London on before december 2010 will be sent medical request before the end of July 2012.

So hopefully we will be on smiling moments:) soon!!!

Salmanizak Apr 2nd 2012 9:59 am

Originally Posted by The Sun (Post 9984587)
My friend, dont get worried any longer, as information has it, all those pre-June 2010 completed applications that were submitted to CHC London on before december 2010 will be sent medical request before the end of July 2012.

So hopefully we will be on smiling moments:) soon!!!

I hope so; what is the source of this information by the way?

sdo1982 Apr 19th 2012 7:59 am

In Process!, though I fear it may be a moot point given the latest announcement by "Krazy Kenny" *sigh*

witchileiz Apr 19th 2012 8:03 am

Originally Posted by sdo1982 (Post 10014018)
In Process!, though I fear it may be a moot point given the latest announcement by "Krazy Kenny" *sigh*

Wah - great news Sdo!:thumbsup: ....Just posted a rather gloomy depressed reply on another thread, after reading the latest Kenney fairytale, and now your news has lifted me once again.... *roller-coster*:blink:

Salmanizak Apr 19th 2012 8:19 am

In my opinion 0213 and 0111 appeared to be at great risk; so at least something MOVING for you, I hope it leads quickly to your Medicals . . . . . Best of Luck :thumbup:

sdo1982 Apr 19th 2012 10:08 am

Looking at it, from In Process the fastest I have seen med requests is 4 months, that puts us past June when it appears "If you are not on the list you are not coming in" So I am guessing the last 3 years may have been a waste.

Crushing Apr 19th 2012 5:57 pm

Congrats sdo, your timeline is very similar to our's, so we can only pray and hope things move along swiftly now.

Best of luck.................:fingerscrossed:

sdo1982 Apr 24th 2012 9:56 am

So i just clicked on "In Process" on ecas to see what it says:

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on March 28, 2012.

Does that then mean i am actually really in process? :eek: