Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Old Jan 20th 2015, 1:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Originally Posted by Kraven
Okay thanks, yes my company has sent off their prescreen part then I will send off my part when that comes through so I am at the very start of the process. This is for the Ontario PNP.

I'm just worried I might not even get to the point of being able to apply for BOWP if the PNP nomination doesn't come through in time.
Ah, ok, so if it's Ontario you should be ok. Irrc, processing times are within 90 days for ON for both the employer app and your nomination app, figure maybe 6 months max for both.

Good luck.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can't apply for EE using PNP until you've got the nomination
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to have an EE application in order to get expedited PNP processing?

Or do you just have to demonstrate eligibility for an EE stream?

Either way - has anyone been able to find out what the processing times for the expedited EE PNP application is yet?
Old Jan 21st 2015, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kraven
Okay thanks, yes my company has sent off their prescreen part then I will send off my part when that comes through so I am at the very start of the process. This is for the Ontario PNP.

I'm just worried I might not even get to the point of being able to apply for BOWP if the PNP nomination doesn't come through in time.
Have a look at my timeline for OPNP. It took much longer than we anticipated for the pre-screen and then in turn the nomination. We did however get a 2 year work permit at the POE when we arrived and you've then got 6 months from the date of nomination to submit your PR application.

We arrived in September but have only just sent our PR application. The joys of a transatlantic move with 3 kids (one of which was a newborn) and getting the other 2 into school and husband getting settled at work meant the 6 months passed very quickly!
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Swingdoor is an unknown quantity at this point

After submitting your application for PR, how long does it take to receive a reference number or something that I can show I have submitted the application. I cant extend my work permit until I can prove I have submitted a PR application.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kswoosh
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to have an EE application in order to get expedited PNP processing?

Or do you just have to demonstrate eligibility for an EE stream?

Either way - has anyone been able to find out what the processing times for the expedited EE PNP application is yet?
I know for BC PNP you have to provide proof you are in the EE pool and eligible for either CEC or FSW, you also need to add your EE profile number etc.

Not sure on other provinces though...
Old Jan 25th 2015, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Kraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to all

Could anyone tell me do I need to provide a letter of reference from my current employer? Or is it just previous employers?
Old Jan 30th 2015, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Kraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to all

I'm also applying to the Ontario PNP. Did anyone else get an affidavit completed? Is it relatively simple to do?
Old Jan 30th 2015, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

karli is on a distinguished road

Hi all,
I'm new to this thread but have been going through the NS skilled worker PNP for what feels like forever, looking to compare timelines-

Applied PNP - Feb 2013
Received nomination- August 2013
Federal application sent- December 2013
Medicals requested- February 2014
Medicals received- April 2014
Police certificates requested- May 2014
Police certificates received- July 2014
Permanent residents fee requested and paid- August 2014

Haven't heard anything since! Website status still showing as 'application received'. Should I be worried? Has anyone else waited 5 months + for an update since paying permanent residents fee? Other people I know had passport requests within weeks of paying that. This whole process is turning me into a paranoid mess, and very conscious that our medicals will be expiring very soon... I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks!
Old Jan 30th 2015, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

biddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud of

We paid our rprf in July I think might have been June. Our application went to in progress at the end of August we haven't heard a thing since. Our medicals expired yesterday

Hoping to hear something soon!
Old Jan 30th 2015, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

karli is on a distinguished road

That sucks about your expired medicals. Do you think they will make you have them re-done? I'm pretty sure ours will expire before we hear anything. Seems unfair when it is out of our hands how long this process takes.
I noticed this in the email for RPRF:
"If you delay the payment of the RPRF, your security or medical results may expire, which would delay the issuance of your visas. We therefore encourage you to pay the RPRF as soon as possible, by following these steps:..."

Given that we paid the RPRF promptly, surely it shouldn't be down to us to repeat and pay for new medicals...?
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 8:23 am
Just Joined

sp4rkswillfly is an unknown quantity at this point

From within Canada application (Ottawa processing)

Submitted bc pnp: Nov 2013
Received nomination: Feb 2014
Submitted to CIO Sidney: Mar 2014
Received & medical requested: Apr 2014
Submitted medical: Apr 2014
RPRF requested & paid: May 2014

I've yet to hear anything new. ECAS is saying 'application received'

Last edited by sp4rkswillfly; Feb 3rd 2015 at 8:26 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 9:27 am
Just Joined

sp4rkswillfly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snowhugs
PNP application. June 2013
PNP certificate (delay as had to wait for new year , and got details wrong)[b] March 6th 2014
PR application sent [b]March 7th 2014
PR application received: Nova Scotia March 18th
Money taken from Credit card 11 April 2014
Medicals requested end of April, medicals done May 1st !!
request fro Police checks and RPRF payment 30 May..

Everything sent and paid for . All received in Sidney, 25th June 2014
Documents sent from Sidney to Ottawa...

Waiting... Waiting ... website still says..application received...
Hello
How did you know when the documents were sent from Sidney to Ottawa?
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

vjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vjp300
PNP application sent: July 2013
PNP certificate received: December 2013
PR application received: April 29th 2014
Medicals requested 11 June, medicals done 18 June.

Online status... application received
Update:

RPRF payment requested and paid 27 Jan 2015

Fingers crossed to make the change to 'in process' soon...

Last edited by vjp300; Feb 3rd 2015 at 3:57 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

spud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond repute

I need a little help please. Letter received confirming application has reached final stage and requesting a couple of photos, updated info sheet and copy of passport to be sent to London however the appendix states if in Canada for next three months, i am, submit copy of passport and passport to Ottawa, no mention of photos ect, is this correct do i need to send passport?
Old Feb 5th 2015, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

I received BC PNP in November, sent my PR application to Sydney NS on 4th Dec, tracking shows it was signed for on 8th December and I have heard nothing since. I emailed them, using the online form at the end of January and still have not heard anything. Can anyone advise me as to a timeframe for hearing from them or receiving a processing number?
Starting to get worried as its two months they have my application and not even an acknowledgement of receiving my forms?

I checked on the CIC website and it says this:
If you mailed your application to CIC, you may wish to use a courier service that requires a signature when delivered, gives you a delivery confirmation and/or allows you to track your package. Please note that there may be a delay between the date CIC physically receives your application and the date it is opened. CIC cannot confirm that your application package has been received until it has been opened in our offices.

How long is it reasonable to expect it to take for them to OPEN my application? They have had it for two months already. My major concern is that it has got lost since it was signed for.

Last edited by Eddmac; Feb 5th 2015 at 10:11 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.