Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Old Oct 23rd 2014, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Bitingllama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Landed in Canada 22 oct 2011 ICT work visa
Received Manitoba PNP July 2013
CIC received PR application 18 dec 2013
Medicals done 11 February 2014
In process 23 July 2014
Decision Made 6 Oct 2014
Copy of passports, bio data and more pictures request 21 Oct 2014
Received in Ottawa 23 Oct 2014

CoPR should be in my hands soon.

I also applied to extend my ICT visa on 16th Sept 2014 online and they are still processing it so am on implied status for now.
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

vjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant futurevjp300 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by snowhugs
my on line status says application received,(which by the way was March 2014) and was last updated in May !!!

everything has been paid, documentation is complete., everything done..just waiting...

and waiting.....

and waiting......

Have you heard anything recently?

I haven't and I expected to be 'in progress' by now and it's beginning to concern me...
Old Jan 13th 2015, 12:04 am
Just Joined

plawrie81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I checked my status today and it has been changed to Decision Made....not sure when it was changed.....so excited....hopefully wont have to wait much longer....
My Husband is the main applicant my question is can we land separately or do we have to do it together????
Old Jan 13th 2015, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

I got my PNP, sent in my PR app and through tracking saw it delivered. How long do you normally have to wait before it gets logged and you get a reference number?
Old Jan 13th 2015, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

dominiqueincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been "in process" for 5 months now. Should I be concerned?
Old Jan 13th 2015, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dominiqueincanada
I've been "in process" for 5 months now. Should I be concerned?
I have been in 'in process' since March 2014.
Just changed to 'Desicion Made'
Try not to worry. ...depends as well On the processing times for ur application
Old Jan 13th 2015, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

dominiqueincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by plawrie81
I have been in 'in process' since March 2014.
Just changed to 'Desicion Made'
Try not to worry. ...depends as well On the processing times for ur application
Thanks plawrie81. The waiting is frustrating
Old Jan 13th 2015, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dominiqueincanada
Thanks plawrie81. The waiting is frustrating
I know it's so hard....we have been at this for 2 years so far and now they have made a desicion but I have no idea what it is or when I will find out!
Old Jan 14th 2015, 9:08 am
Just Joined

chantal111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can i ask a question

Can 2 members in the family ( 2 partners) apply 2 pnp application to the same province under different categories. For example the husband will apply for international post graduate category ( the regular one) and the wife will apply as a principal application for different category in pnp???????

Also if we r allowed to apply 2 applications.in case the my husband application was approved ( he included me as a dependent in the application), should i withdraw my pnp application because i am already nominated with him in his approved pnp application??? Or i am allowed to be also nominated as a principal applicant ( if i am qualified) ???

Can one family has 2 different approved pnp applications in different categories????

Thank you soooo much
Chantal111
Old Jan 17th 2015, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

snowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud of

WOO HOO...

Just checked website, My application has changed from" Application received" to "in process" ..we have had "application received" since March 2014.. I really hope this is all done before our medicals expire in May ...

Am feeling happy though, things are moving !

Last edited by snowhugs; Jan 17th 2015 at 2:35 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Kraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to all

Hi all,

My employer has just sent off their part of the PNP application (the first step)

So once that comes back I will send off my application.

I am currently on an IEC visa which expires in October, do you think I will have enough time for the PNP/PR application to be complete by then?

Or will there be a way for me to extend my visa if I do run out of time?

Thanks
Old Jan 20th 2015, 1:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kraven
Hi all,

My employer has just sent off their part of the PNP application (the first step)

So once that comes back I will send off my application.

I am currently on an IEC visa which expires in October, do you think I will have enough time for the PNP/PR application to be complete by then?

Or will there be a way for me to extend my visa if I do run out of time?

Thanks
You certainly won't have time to get PR by then, whether or not you have nomination will depend on the province as processing times vary massively depending on that.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Kraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to all

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You certainly won't have time to get PR by then, whether or not you have nomination will depend on the province as processing times vary massively depending on that.
Ah. Even with the express entry route?
Old Jan 20th 2015, 1:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kraven
Ah. Even with the express entry route?
You can't apply for EE using PNP until you've got the nomination, and from what you've said you've only just applied for that?

So again, it will depend on the province as to when you get nomination - when you do, then you can apply for a BOWP/TWP to tide you over whilst you submit your application and await PR. Unless you're in one of the provinces with lengthier processing times (AB or BC), if so, then you're unlikely to even get nomination by then!

Top tip, when asking any questions about PNP, it's always useful to state the province and/or stream you're applying under, as they vary so much. You could maybe add it to your signature so that people know when you ask questions and can answer accordingly?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 20th 2015 at 1:16 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can't apply for EE using PNP until you've got the nomination, and from what you've said you've only just applied for that?

So again, it will depend on the province as to when you get nomination - when you do, then you can apply for a BOWP anyway, so PR's not as crucial.
Okay thanks, yes my company has sent off their prescreen part then I will send off my part when that comes through so I am at the very start of the process. This is for the Ontario PNP.

I'm just worried I might not even get to the point of being able to apply for BOWP if the PNP nomination doesn't come through in time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.