Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

Old May 11th 2014, 3:38 am
Just Joined

Marie006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PNP Applicants (Within Canada) - Share your timelines

At last we received our COPR 10th May 2014!! So happy!

We got nominated for BC May 2013 myself, husband and two kids, sent PR application middle of July 2013 got a request for Medicals end of October, Medicals done 29th November 2013.

RPRF requested 1st March 2014, paid 13th March 2014
PPR 23rd April 2014
Old May 11th 2014, 6:20 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marie006

We got nominated for BC May 2013 myself, husband and two kids, sent PR application middle of July 2013 got a request for Medicals end of October, Medicals done 29th November 2013.

PPR 23rd April 2014

Congrats!!!
Old May 11th 2014, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Marie006 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much!!!
Old May 12th 2014, 12:58 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marie006

PPR 23rd April 2014
Congrats
Old May 16th 2014, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

helenawelena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PNP Applicants (outside Canada) - Share your timelines

Hello!

After a certificate under the PNP programme.....

My time lines are:

App received by CiC, London: Feb 2013

Started dealing with case: Dec 2013

Meds received: Dec 2013

RPRF fee paid and Police reps sent: Feb 2014 (not showing as that on ECAS but fee gone from my bank)

ECAS showing "In process" for some months.

A recent query had a (not very helpful!) reply saying "awaiting review by Officer".

Can we share experiences?

What do we think the review is about, i.e. am I close to the end?!

Thanks!
Old May 16th 2014, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

gl222 is an unknown quantity at this point

AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream....

AOR Received. 18-10-2013
Med's Request 16-11-2013
Med's Done 28-11-2013
"In process" 19-3-2014

Passport Req..: 15-05-2014
Old May 17th 2014, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Asakara81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I trying to emigrate to canada bc on Pnp programme I have sent off the application on 9-4-14 and just received the email to say they have assigned an assessor to deal with our case, no upto yet has mentioned any medicals do we need to do this before we go or is this something that is done when applying for PR?
Old May 17th 2014, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Asakara81
Hi

I trying to emigrate to canada bc on Pnp programme I have sent off the application on 9-4-14 and just received the email to say they have assigned an assessor to deal with our case, no upto yet has mentioned any medicals do we need to do this before we go or is this something that is done when applying for PR?

I am assuming you have not yet got the nomination from BC and so your application is to them? If so, the medical is only needed for when you apply to CIC afterwards and is best pursued only after they tell you.

This is because CIC take a very long time to deal with (most) cases after you've been nominated.

In our case, it has taken a total of 3 years so far after applying for PNP (in our case to Québec but they are very quick as a province).

Good luck!
Old May 17th 2014, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Asakara:

My reply above assumes you are applying from outside Canada as you put Nottingham UK as your present place--thus CIC London will probably end up dealing with the CIC (the Federal) part and they are probably the slowest.
Old May 18th 2014, 5:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by helenawelena
I am assuming you have not yet got the nomination from BC and so your application is to them? If so, the medical is only needed for when you apply to CIC afterwards and is best pursued only after they tell you.

This is because CIC take a very long time to deal with (most) cases after you've been nominated.

In our case, it has taken a total of 3 years so far after applying for PNP (in our case to Québec but they are very quick as a province).

Good luck!
After you have been nominated we can then co to bc canada and start to work and live then. I don't really understand what you have written its a bit in clear it may be me that don't really no a lot about it.
When you say it has taken you 3 years is that just to get into the country to work because as far as I was aware we could go and live there once the nomination has been granted is that correct.
Old May 18th 2014, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

After you have been nominated we can then co to bc canada and start to work and live then. I don't really understand what you have written its a bit in clear it may be me that don't really no a lot about it.
When you say it has taken you 3 years is that just to get into the country to work because as far as I was aware we could go and live there once the nomination has been granted is that correct.

Sorry--it is complex and I don't know much about your application. Are you applying just for PNP or are you also asking for a work permit and have a job offer?

You say you can go there after nomination--where did you get that info?

My reply assumes you are just applying for PNP ( as did I) and that you have lived in the UK for the past 12 months or more. That would mean applying to the Federal Government for a permanent resident visa after you are nominated by the Province of BC. The PNP is quite quick--the Federal bit normally takes some years. (E.g. we got our nomination in August 2011 and are still waiting for the visa).

At the moment the cic.ca website says that London takes about 29 months on average to process the Federal bit of the application.

This is an extract from the BC PNP website:

The BC Provincial Nominee Program's (PNP) Skills Immigration stream is intended for people with the skills, experience and qualifications needed by B.C. employers. This stream is designed for individuals who would like to live and work in B.C. and become permanent residents of Canada.

To be eligible for the program, you will need to satisfy the criteria in one of the following categories:

Skilled workers (managers, professionals and skilled trades people),
Health care professionals (physicians, registered nurses and other health care workers),
International graduates:
With a degree or diploma from a Canadian college or university, or
With a master’s or doctoral degree in the natural, applied or health sciences from a B.C. university (for this category only, you do not need to have a job offer),
Entry-level or semi-skilled workers in tourism/hospitality, food processing and long-haul trucking, and
Entry-level or semi-skilled workers who are living in the northeast region of the province.

How does the program work?

You accept an offer of indeterminate full-time employment from a B.C. employer who is willing to support your application for permanent residence through the PNP. If you are currently working in B.C. on a temporary work permit, your employer will need to offer you an indeterminate position without an end date.
If you and your current or prospective employer meet the program criteria, you will submit a joint application to the PNP office.

We assess your application against program criteria, and if we approve your application, we will nominate you for permanent residence. If necessary, we will provide you with a work permit support letter so you can apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to obtain or renew a work permit to start or continue working in B.C. for your employer.

After the PNP nominates you for permanent residence, you (and your spouse and dependent children if applicable) will submit a separate application for a permanent resident visa to CIC in the Provincial Nominee Class. You will have six months from the date of your nomination to apply to CIC.
If CIC approves your application, you will be issued a permanent resident visa to live in Canada.

You are responsible for demonstrating that you meet the program criteria. If the PNP is not satisfied that your application meets the program criteria, we will not approve your application.
Old May 18th 2014, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Sorry--it is complex and I don't know much about your application. Are you applying just for PNP or are you also asking for a work permit and have a job offer?

You say you can go there after nomination--where did you get that info?

My reply assumes you are just applying for PNP ( as did I) and that you have lived in the UK for the past 12 months or more. That would mean applying to the Federal Government for a permanent resident visa after you are nominated by the Province of BC. The PNP is quite quick--the Federal bit normally takes some years. (E.g. we got our nomination in August 2011 and are still waiting for the visa).

At the moment the cic.ca website says that London takes about 29 months on average to process the Federal bit of the application.

This is an extract from the BC PNP website:

The BC Provincial Nominee Program's (PNP) Skills Immigration stream is intended for people with the skills, experience and qualifications needed by B.C. employers. This stream is designed for individuals who would like to live and work in B.C. and become permanent residents of Canada.

To be eligible for the program, you will need to satisfy the criteria in one of the following categories:

Skilled workers (managers, professionals and skilled trades people),
Health care professionals (physicians, registered nurses and other health care workers),
International graduates:
With a degree or diploma from a Canadian college or university, or
With a master’s or doctoral degree in the natural, applied or health sciences from a B.C. university (for this category only, you do not need to have a job offer),
Entry-level or semi-skilled workers in tourism/hospitality, food processing and long-haul trucking, and
Entry-level or semi-skilled workers who are living in the northeast region of the province.

How does the program work?

You accept an offer of indeterminate full-time employment from a B.C. employer who is willing to support your application for permanent residence through the PNP. If you are currently working in B.C. on a temporary work permit, your employer will need to offer you an indeterminate position without an end date.
If you and your current or prospective employer meet the program criteria, you will submit a joint application to the PNP office.

We assess your application against program criteria, and if we approve your application, we will nominate you for permanent residence. If necessary, we will provide you with a work permit support letter so you can apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to obtain or renew a work permit to start or continue working in B.C. for your employer.

After the PNP nominates you for permanent residence, you (and your spouse and dependent children if applicable) will submit a separate application for a permanent resident visa to CIC in the Provincial Nominee Class. You will have six months from the date of your nomination to apply to CIC.
If CIC approves your application, you will be issued a permanent resident visa to live in Canada.

You are responsible for demonstrating that you meet the program criteria. If the PNP is not satisfied that your application meets the program criteria, we will not approve your application.

I get what you mean it was just a bit confusing reading the thread before, I have the offer of employment and filled in all the paper work to apply for PR through the Pnp system once we have been accepted, we can work and live in canada bc while applying for PR is that correct
Old May 18th 2014, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Yes, if you get a work permit, see this note from my last reply:

"If necessary, we will provide you with a work permit support letter so you can apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to obtain or renew a work permit to start or continue working in B.C. for your employer."
Old May 18th 2014, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Yes, if you get a work permit, see this note from my last reply:

"If necessary, we will provide you with a work permit support letter so you can apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to obtain or renew a work permit to start or continue working in B.C. for your employer."
Well I have been given all the paper work through a company in canada who finds federal skilled workers for the labour shortage in bc so I would expect that I will have a work permit or it is pretty pointless filling out the rest they have sent me.
Old May 18th 2014, 4:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I get what you mean it was just a bit confusing reading the thread before, I have the offer of employment and filled in all the paper work to apply for PR through the Pnp system once we have been accepted, we can work and live in canada bc while applying for PR is that correct
Yes.

Once you receive nomination approval from the Province, you can use the support letter (and/or nomination certificate) to obtain a temporary work permit when you arrive at the port of entry (border or airport).

You would then submit your application for PR to CIC naming Ottawa as your processing office (because you will have been admitted to Canada for a year+ on the TWP - you don't actually have to have been living in Canada for that length of time). Ottawa is quicker than London.

You would be able to continue working while your PR application (2nd part of the process) is being finalised. If your TWP is due to expire within 4 months - before your PR application is finalised - you can apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit (valid for 1 year).

Hope that clarifies it a bit for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.