International Experience Canada

Old Jan 30th 2011, 2:47 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

I just don't see why a recent bank statement wouldn't have sufficed since they accept those for all types of other visa applications anyway.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
I just don't see why a recent bank statement wouldn't have sufficed since they accept those for all types of other visa applications anyway.
a bank statement with the bank's stamp on it (includes date and address) will suffice since it provides the information required and will be an acceptable equivalent to the official form.

This is what people do for the Permanent Residency visa proof of funds
Old Jan 30th 2011, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

I am a first class idiot...just realised I haven't even filled out the form properly so it's 100% gonna get returned.

I wonder if I can join Bunac and wait for my app to be returned and re-submit with the same case number/barcode or if I'll have to start a whole new application.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 5:35 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chanceUK
a bank statement with the bank's stamp on it (includes date and address) will suffice since it provides the information required and will be an acceptable equivalent to the official form.

This is what people do for the Permanent Residency visa proof of funds
I know but they are asking for it to be signed and date stamped as well which very few banks will do with a statement
Old Jan 30th 2011, 5:36 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by Third6
I am a first class idiot...just realised I haven't even filled out the form properly so it's 100% gonna get returned.

What mistake have you made just out of interest?
Old Jan 30th 2011, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

What mistake have you made just out of interest?
For some reason I didn't fill out my passport number, country of birth, expiry date etc. I don't know why I didn't notice those bits.

I wouldn't blame them for destroying my app for being so stupid!!
Old Jan 30th 2011, 5:41 pm
Sidecar Falcon

For some reason I didn't fill out my passport number, country of birth, expiry date etc. I don't know why I didn't notice those bits.

I wouldn't blame them for destroying my app for being so stupid!!
How did you miss all of that?

I suppose that is likely to be returned then unless they are kind enough to extract that information from your cover sheet for you. When did they receive your application?
Old Jan 30th 2011, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

How did you miss all of that?

I suppose that is likely to be returned then unless they are kind enough to extract that information from your cover sheet for you. When did they receive your application?
Well you know how it pre-filled your name etc I just (wrongly) presumed the other fields didn't apply to me and never read them as they were left blank.

Extremely careless and stupid of me, I know! I got my email from the embassy on Jan 26th.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

billyphatu will become famous soon enough

I suppose that is likely to be returned then unless they are kind enough to extract that information from your cover sheet for you.
Good luck with that.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by billyphatu
Good luck with that.
No need for the sarcasm, thanks. I know I messed up.

Just realised the photos I have are useless as well as my head is only 25mm. I got these done at my local Jessops. Where did people go to get the direct dimensions? I also feel as though the photo is too dark and the woman taking the photograph didn't have a clue what she was doing.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Just realised the photos I have are useless as well as my head is only 25mm. I got these done at my local Jessops. Where did people go to get the direct dimensions? I also feel as though the photo is too dark and the woman taking the photograph didn't have a clue what she was doing.
We had ours done at SnappySnaps. We took the form and also the CIC's guidelines for how to do the picture, and the specific measurements. We were worried they would just give us standard passport-size photos - but to their credit they seemed to know exactly what was needed and actually had all the CIC-specific settings in the camera already.

I don't know how fussy they are, though.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by billyphatu
We had ours done at SnappySnaps. We took the form and also the CIC's guidelines for how to do the picture, and the specific measurements. We were worried they would just give us standard passport-size photos - but to their credit they seemed to know exactly what was needed and actually had all the CIC-specific settings in the camera already.

I don't know how fussy they are, though.
I think quite fussy.

How much was SnappySnaps if you don't mind me asking? A local photog is charging £8.50 for one photo which seems a bit pricey really but if he gets them spot on then I guess it's worth the money.

I really have messed this application up in every single way possible. Ah well, you live and you learn I guess!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 2:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I think quite fussy.

How much was SnappySnaps if you don't mind me asking? A local photog is charging £8.50 for one photo which seems a bit pricey really but if he gets them spot on then I guess it's worth the money.

I really have messed this application up in every single way possible. Ah well, you live and you learn I guess!
I seem to recall Snappy Snaps was about £7 for a set of four photos. Good luck, hope you manage to get things sorted.

Old Jan 31st 2011, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

I will but I think BillyPhatu got his applications in before mine so he should be the one to hear back first regarding request for fee payment.
Got our Conditional Acceptance email today! Just about to make the payment.

11 days is all it took - not bad!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I seem to recall Snappy Snaps was about £7 for a set of four photos. Good luck, hope you manage to get things sorted.

Thanks, will check them out this week. Still haven't received my email saying my app was incomplete but I've got a new form almost ready to go for when they do.

Congrats BillyPhatu!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.