International Experience Canada

Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:24 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by Third6
Yeh, that's the thing..I'm scared if I get rejected then I wont have enough time to resubmit on my own for fear of all the visas being allocated already.

I'll post again when/if I hear anything new from the embassy.
I think that's the general risk that you run when you go straight to the embassy but if it helps then Bunac still have spaces available out of their 500 allocation and their programme has been open for nearly 2 weeks now.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:34 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Just got my receipt of delivery from th embassy.

Fingers crossed!
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:40 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattieuk
Just got my receipt of delivery from th embassy.

Fingers crossed!
Good luck mate.

Should my application be preliminarily accepted, I'm getting slightly terrified about what this application payment process is going to entail. Hopefully it will just be sending the wire transfer in GBP and then uploading some sort of reference number to them via their website.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Good luck mate.

Should my application be preliminarily accepted, I'm getting slightly terrified about what this application payment process is going to entail. Hopefully it will just be sending the wire transfer in GBP and then uploading some sort of reference number to them via their website.
Yeh, I think it's gonna be like that. The email said something about bank coordinates then you have to upload your proof of payment via their online form.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

harj22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys I need some help please ! I visited my Natwest branch today who point blank refused to stamp my proof of funds paperwork. It was a straight no with no consideration what so ever. I then visited another bank, Santander and they too do not stamp paper work, nor hsbc? I am really dis heartened now and am prepared to go to into as many natwests as possible tomorrow. I was just wondering if any of you living in london could recommend a branch that stamped your without much fuss?
Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:45 am
Just Joined

coachd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by harj22
Guys I need some help please ! I visited my Natwest branch today who point blank refused to stamp my proof of funds paperwork. It was a straight no with no consideration what so ever. I then visited another bank, Santander and they too do not stamp paper work, nor hsbc? I am really dis heartened now and am prepared to go to into as many natwests as possible tomorrow. I was just wondering if any of you living in london could recommend a branch that stamped your without much fuss?
Im really struggling to understand why some of the banks are doing this. We are with RBS and they stamped our forms without any problems at all!
I would be giving them the old "I shall be forced to take my buisness elsewhere" line lol
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

billyphatu will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by harj22
Call Natwest customer services and/or head office and explain the situation, saying that through your investigations on the Internet you know that other people have had it signed and stamped by other Natwests and other banks without any problem. If the branch is still snooty about it, ask them to fax it to their head office to check over and give an answer. Remember you are a customer of theirs and they should give you as much time as you need.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

harj22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: International Experience Canada

hi guys! Thank you for the responses!

GOOD NEWS I MANAGED TO GET IT STAMPED!

OK, so I tried two branches local to where I live and each of them declined, mentioning they cannot on grounds of fraud. So after almost giving up, I thought I'd try another branch but somewhere a little more up market. I know silly thinking, but thought maybe the reason banks in my local area are not signing is because the area is a little dodgy. So I went to a natwest in a nicer area and hey presto! they signed without any problems! SOOOOOOO thankful that they did, as it was the last one I could have gone to today. They said that the only reason they wouldn't sign would be if the account history was poor.

Guys, if you have a NATWEST branch and are having difficulty getting your documents signed then please email me and I'd be happy to provide the london branch that did this for me. The only reason I'm not putting it up on here is because I don't want this bank to stop or refuse people incase they realise they have to follow this silly rule of not stamping forms.

Anyways, fingers crossed I get the visa as this will be my last shot...I'm 30! :P
Old Jan 30th 2011, 3:53 am
Just Joined

theajaxkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

The email I got confirming that they have received my application said that "For your information, the processing time that applies to your file is: 8 weeks".

I understand that the first 4 weeks is with the Youth Mobility Unit in France where they offer you a conditional place before sending your application onto the UK where they confirm you are eligible for the work permit (another 4 weeks).

Does anyone know if we can expect conditional acceptances before 4 weeks passes? It seems obvious that they'd offer you a place as soon as they read your application, but the 8 week processing time does seem like a solid timeframe...
Old Jan 30th 2011, 2:02 pm
Sidecar Falcon

They have an 8 week standard turnaround time on it before either rejecting your application or issuing you with an authorisation to land. It could take a little more time than that or it could take less but if it helps, that is the same amount of time that they were quoting for application processing last year via Bunac.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Never in my life have I been more nervous, waiting for this acceptance or rejection of the first stage email!!
Old Jan 30th 2011, 2:23 pm
Sidecar Falcon

I don't think they reject many people on the whole. As long as you completed the application as instructed and have told the truth then you should be fine.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

I don't think they reject many people on the whole. As long as you completed the application as instructed and have told the truth then you should be fine.
My POF is a bit dodgy though...I never got the form signed, it's just a letter from the finance agency that has my money which is a strategic bond. I read somewhere here (after I'd sent my app) that strategic bonds were a big no no.

I'm thinking if this happens I can just apply to Bunac as soon as the the email comes through then wait until they return my app and re-submit with the Bunac certificate and better POF documents. Because there's no reason I should get rejected, I haven't lied on my app or anything like that...it's just the POF.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 2:40 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by Third6
My POF is a bit dodgy though...I never got the form signed, it's just a letter from the finance agency that has my money which is a strategic bond. I read somewhere here (after I'd sent my app) that strategic bonds were a big no no.
Ah.

If it helps though, I think a lot of people have had difficulties with that form and would have sent in what they see is an alternative, like an official bank statement etc.

With any luck they will scrap that form next year because it has caused more trouble than it's worth and essentially proves nothing.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah.

If it helps though, I think a lot of people have had difficulties with that form and would have sent in what they see is an alternative, like an official bank statement etc.

With any luck they will scrap that form next year because it has caused more trouble than it's worth and essentially proves nothing.
I guess it would be rejected because it was incomplete rather than any other reason.

Yeh, the form is kinda stupid and the banks don't really understand. Maybe as they work through the apps they'll realise people are having issues with the POF and be a bit more...lenient? Well, one can hope anyway!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.